Author Topic: Replacing a GPD Win speaker  (Read 557 times)

Kaelis (OP)

Replacing a GPD Win speaker
« on: August 28, 2017, 08:49:39 am »
Hello everybody,

I am looking for a replacement speaker (GPD Win): mine does not work anymore  :( I can't reach GPD Win customer service, and I can't find a spare part online either.

Since I don't have a nice picture of the speaker on my computer, here is one from Ziggurat's teardown (http://imgur.com/a/WHEfg).

Do you know how this kind of speaker connector is called? Starting from there I may be able to find a replacement speaker online.

Thank you for your help  ;)

Note: I have reinstalled Windows 10 and all the drivers from scratch, I did not connect my headphones in the 3.5mm plug before this issue appeared (but the headphones have sound) and after tearing down my GPD Win, I noticed the speaker wires don't look so good (the red one in particular).

midknight

Re: Replacing a GPD Win speaker
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:51:12 pm »
i have no idea what that connector is called but u could just cut off the connector and and reuse it with your new speaker.

Kaelis (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 08:44:29 am »
Hello midknight,

Thank you for your answer. Actually I don't know which side of the wires are problematic yet (motherboard connector or into the speaker itself).

I have an idea to check this out (thanks to this forum, again https://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-windows-devices/pinout-of-th-gpd-win-motherboard/). I am going to remove the wires from the motherboard connection and connect them directly to those two "spots" on the motherboard nearby (as shown in frostedfires picture below).

If I get no sound in this configuration, I will know the connection issue is within the speaker. Then I think I will follow your advice (keep the motherboard connection and assemble a new speaker from it).

BEEEMER

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 11:59:45 am »
What happened in the end? I have problem of no audio from speaker and not getting a reply from GPD Win !

roneyizpie

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 05:16:15 pm »
I am considering changing the speakers in the Win for an HTC Boom sound speaker (Maybe two if there's space) Was there any difficulty changing the speakers?

I also have a GPD XD with a dead screen that I might take the speakers from but those aren't as great as the Boomsound speakers from the M8 and M9

Kaelis (OP)

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 10:40:21 am »
I'll try to fix it this week-end, I had no spare time recently  :-X

Post a new topic
Post a new topic