Author Topic: Remove LCD from GPD Win 1 Aluminium version  (Read 370 times)

lemmywinks (OP)

Remove LCD from GPD Win 1 Aluminium version
« on: December 14, 2021, 06:20:59 pm »
I have motherboard and case issues with my old Win 1 (aluminium version) after many years of use, I recently bought a donor machine which has a faulty screen but is otherwise perfect.

However whereas removing the LCD assembly looks easy on the original plastic lid version I can seem to work out how to do it on the aluminium one and it feels like it's about to break. I need to do this on both machines obviously but only need the good screen to come out intact!

Is there a recommended way of doing this to get this out easily or should I take it to a repair shop?
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

lemmywinks (OP)

Re: Remove LCD from GPD Win 1 Aluminium version
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 02:47:13 pm »
Eventually got this off, if anybody is interested it's held on with 4 thin strips of adhesive tape along each side. I put the Win under the suspended heat lamp on my banded gecko terrarium then used a suction cup to slowly pry it off.

The good news is the supposedly knackered screen with dark spots around the edges on the spares repairs unit was fine after reseating the cable so I got a mint condition Win for 72 pounds!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Post a new topic