I've published a new proyect on Thingiverse.
copy and paste readme.txt:
Mount explanation (in spanish)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHZXdR2U52E
::::::::::::::: ENGLISH :::::::::::::::
New dock stand design for GPD-WIN2
This time, i tried to create a more compact design than my first version, that was useful, but so rude and ugly.
- Bay for install a Multiport HUB, that bring funcitonality to the dock
- Pressing system for fix the HUB. With this, the user is able to install any Multiport HUB he want, fixing it to the dock.
-side window for access to side ports on the Multiport HUB. (My case, i access the HDMI port)
- Fan module for helping the GPD-WIN2 to get more fresh air, and dissipate heating under the device.
- The support for the device is inclined 20?. This angle help to the fan to work better because there are more room for get fresh air under the device.
- The design is optimized to be printed without any support. For this, the design is divided onto 3 parts, where the main part (dock) must be printed in vertical and the other two in horizontal.
I removed the extra slot bays from the previous version, designed to be used with some external HDD, extra USB ports, etc. This feature really is not used by most of people.
For mounting the dock, you will need some extra parts such:
- 2x small screws for fixing the press part (i used few of 2mmx10mm)
- 2x long screws for the press (i used few of 4mmx30mm)
- 2x wing nuts (for adjusting the pressure of the press)
- 1x 5v fan (i used this:https://amzn.to/2F6a063)
- 1x Multiport HUB (i used this: https://amzn.to/2F93ZG3
, but any similar will work on this dock)
and, depend on the wire len of your Multiport HUB, you may need an extra part to connect the USB port on the device. I bought this: http://bit.ly/2VQWCfm