Author Topic: Need replacement battery for GPD Win  (Read 2658 times)

Maniac

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:03:22 pm by Maniac »

Smoker1

Re: Need replacement battery for GPD Win
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 06:07:34 pm »
Wires are not exactly the same. White Wire is Yellow and they look like they are not in the right Order in the Molex Connector.

ICOYAR

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:10 pm »
@Smoker1 did you try this site?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gpdwin/comments/7bru3m/good_news_everyone/

Bad news for me in case if I do need that site.

I can't speak French.

Pintek

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 12:46:32 am »
still not really good news for state side folks fml I need more time to spend on the dual note 4 battery case

Smoker1

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 04:00:29 am »
@Pintek : It is OK for now. I Ordered the Design you made. Should work perfectly for the Battery till I can figure out how to order one from Alibaba if they ever do a Confirmation on the Order I want to place. Site says I can use a Visa, but they are saying I can give them my PayPal Info. Uh huh

Maniac

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 02:53:04 pm »

I can't speak French.

The link is in English for me... try opening it in a new browser or clearing your cookies for the site.

Smoker1

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 07:24:19 pm »
OK, has anyone Ordered items from Alibaba with Success?
Been Days and they still has not Confirmed the Order. Keep dealing with 2 People, with the 2nd one talking about doing a PayPal transaction through Email. What is wrong with going through the Site???????

ICOYAR

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 08:03:38 pm »

I can't speak French.

The link is in English for me... try opening it in a new browser or clearing your cookies for the site.

I didn't mean Reddit. I meant the link inside of that link.

MJPIA

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 09:03:17 pm »
That's actually the battery seller I setup to get batteries from.

The terminal wires colors are different compared to Sunda's battery but it is wired correctly.
The battery also says 3.7V on it but the seller says that is a printing error and it is a 3.8V which is weird since the label on the seller listing says 3.8V.
I'm currently test charging one of the batteries in my Win now and when I get to work tomorrow I have a computer controlled battery analyzer there I'll use to test capacity and put a load on the batteries and measure resistance and voltage drop to check the battery quality and I'll be doing that to every battery to make sure I don't sell any duds and to make sure these batteries are actually good quality.
Also will be making a pattern template to make teflon isolators to sandwich between the battery and the motherboard that will be held in place with the motherboard screws that will hopefully isolate the battery from system heat somewhat that I'll include with all batteries I sell.
The combination teflon isolator and spacing the battery away from the

If you want to eliminate the middleman you can buy batteries directly from them at the link above for much cheaper than I or any other potential reseller can offer, just be warned as the free shipping they offer is not legal and if Chinese or US customs see it they will seize it.
That being said there are enough packages going out of China the chance of them doing so is very unlikely.
That also being said I paid for legal expedited shipping and my box shows signs of being opened and resealed multiple times so YMMV.

If you do want to get a battery directly from them I'd suggest you wait a day or two until I can test several of the ones I got to make sure they are good quality before you do so.

Supposedly that seller can get batteries of any size for you so if someone wants a certain size battery try contacting them and see what they can do.
This link should be in English.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-thread-8448104-3-8V-6700MAH-polymer-lithium-ion-battery-Rechargeable-batteries-Li-ion-battery-for/32836076589.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.If7zUT

Smoker1

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2017, 01:04:08 am »
@MJPIA : Currently waiting on a Bottom Shell Housing Mod created by @Pintek . Will have much better Air Flow in it, and if used with a close to Stock Sized Battery, should keep it from touching the Motherboard.
But yeah, thinking AliExpress might be the better Option since those at Alibaba want to be shady and wont Confirm my Order Request.
In the meantime, even if the battery is swollen, would it be safe to use a Charger that puts out less Amps in order to supply it with Power till the new Battery Arrives? I think I read that if a Device does not have Power, after a while, the Storage will go Blank. Is it true or not to worry about?

Edit: They finally Confirmed my Order on Alibaba. The Battery on AliExpress looked different. Wires are Black(Neg), White(Thermistor), Red(Pos). The Battery on AliExpress is Black(Neg), Red(Pos), Yellow(Thermistor?).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:32:10 am by Smoker1 »

MJPIA

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2017, 01:22:43 am »
I'll elaborate later but the aliexpress batteries are junk, avoid them.
Where'd you get them from on alibaba?
Only listings I was aware of required a minimun order of a thousand.

Smoker1

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2017, 04:45:01 am »
@MJPIA : This is the Batteries I Purchased.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Sunda-8448104-Li-polymer-battery-6700mAh_60706335417.html
I explained to my best ability of what was wrong with mine and requested 2 Batteries. They are $15 a Piece and was told Shipping would be $35. So hopefully they Ship it soon and I receive it quickly.
In other news........holy $!##!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not used my GPD Win in MONTHS since I discovered the Battery was Swollen. I just tried to see if it would Power on with my LG G6 Power Adapter (Can run at 9V 1.8A Quick Charge). Just got the Blinking Power Light. So I tried to see if the Battery had any Juice in it. Nothing happened. So a little while ago, I wanted to see how the Joysticks were. You know.....imagining how it will be when it is finally working again. Damn. It was Powered On, and had a little Juice left in it. I estimate about 5-10% Remaining.
But yes, seriously can not wait to get it up and running again.

Pintek

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2017, 05:55:16 am »
My battery isn't even puffed but depending on what I'm doing the device will shut off at 25% if say streaming hulu 30-35% under hard gaming and if i'm doing light web browsing I can get it down to 1-5% which I recon in my case HEAT may be the issue but with the battery spaced its not been AS bad but still not ideal.
Least with the current case that I have open source its not mashed against the screws on the motherboard. wonder what I could put there to be a heat insulator.. and I still need to buy that thicker higher cfm sunon fan from somewhere remotely reputable

Smoker1

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2017, 06:19:44 am »
@Pintek : Should be getting the Large Housing Design by the 18th. Hopefully before. Have you found a compatible Fan?
Yeah, the original Design was lacking in proper Heat Dissipation.

Maniac

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2017, 01:01:07 pm »
I'll elaborate later but the aliexpress batteries are junk, avoid them.

Please do, a lot of people have ordered those. The links are on Reddit.

Edit:
I see you posted your findings to Reddit. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:03:36 pm by Maniac »

Post a new topic