Author Topic: My GPD WIN flex cable broke  (Read 511 times)

rojblake (OP)

My GPD WIN flex cable broke
« on: July 31, 2017, 02:18:04 pm »
Today i powered up my gpd win and the screen was black i closed the lid and opened it again it turned on at 45% lid open and when i opened a little more it was black again.
I opened my gpd and disassemble the display the flex cable that connects the the screen to the main board was broken.
Currently i send it for repair at a local service the will try to repair the broken cable but if they don't i need a replacement cable.Can anybody tell me where can i buy replacement flex cable for the gpd win please i will be very grateful.

P.S.
I've send email to kendyzhu777 from gpd team asking about where can i find replacement and if they are willing to sell me one or more (just to have a spare)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 05:08:43 pm by rojblake »

popolocroix

Re: My GPD WIN flex cable broke
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:02:35 pm »
Bump to this, I need also another flex cable for my other GPD win.

roneyizpie

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 08:58:29 pm »
Interestingly, my GPD Win from Jan. 10 has a different ribbon cable, but my GPD XD has a black ribbon cable like your Win does and that broke on me in a similar way. I wonder if the black ribbon cable is not as sturdy?

rojblake (OP)

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 06:15:13 am »
After contacting gpd they have send me replacement cable i will update you when it arrives.

LateArrival

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 06:40:05 am »
I think that I have the same issue.

I powered up my win only to see and dark backlight then a lighter one. The fan was going so i decided to use the mini HDMI and had output, even the touch screen worked an an input on my TV but I still had no output on the gpd win screen. I tried to track down if it was a driver problem but saw no issues there.

I just disassembled my win and saw that the ribbon cable was crimped and bent in weird ways inside with a few nicks in the cable itself.

I'm also trying to contact kendyzhu777 about a replacement part.

rojblake (OP)

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 04:33:03 pm »
When you send emails to kendy send them  at 07-08 am Chinese time you have a better chance to get response but trust me they don't really care.Many 2016 z8700 units have a broken flex cable problem gpd should start selling the proper spare parts (battery,flex cable,keyboard,analog sticks) instead of screen protectors charging cables and plastic buttons.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:49:49 pm by rojblake »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic