Author Topic: Major improvements of GPD WIN after January 10 2017  (Read 20386 times)

Willburn

Re: Major improvements of GPD WIN after January 10 2017
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2016, 02:48:13 pm »
And don't forget to fix the problem of the left shoulder buttons in mouse mod : the left shoulder buttons don't work when you use the D-pad, it's really annoying and killing the use of the mouse mod.

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

I have the same problem...I just tried it out in Dark Messiah after reading your comment...
That really sucks.

Macatron

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2016, 03:08:32 pm »
@wlin7730

Could you please answer my question as well? Will these newer versions be available after January 10th, or are you going to start changing production on January 10th? Thanks!

These newer versions will be available after January 10.
Again, how will people discern which version, old or new, they'll get if they order from any online retailer? After January 10th is too vague when resellers can take weeks or months to sell out entire stock shipped to them in bulk and through untarnished customer returns.

Have you thought of simply applying a cheap v2 sticker on the underside of the case not unlike the "QC" one that is on the XD's?

Also, taking a little time out of all this promoting to upload an instructional video for those who want to manually swap the membrane themselves would be a kindness on GPD's part after all this. ;)

I think this is an excellent idea as well. There definitely needs to be a way to determine which model is the newer version.

adamantibus

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2016, 03:43:57 pm »
@wlin7730 are you going to weld the resistances that Intel suggests to fix crashing drivers issue?

Like this:

http://www.elotrolado.net/viewtopic.php?p=1742629668

Any chances of clickable sticks? Second speaker?

retrogamer

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2016, 04:10:05 pm »
Been watching this device and was considering buying one in the new year. Nice to see there are improvements being made. But as others have said, how will we know when ordering if we will get the new version. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 04:15:07 pm by retrogamer »

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2016, 10:51:27 pm »
Yay, just received 180 GPD Wins only to find out they're doing "major improvements"...

Hm, though I'm not sure if the improvements really ARE that major.

1. Firmware... well, that's software, so the old GPD Wins can be updated with it. That's an improvement, but not a hardware one :)

2. Membrane. Honestly, I didn't find the membranes of the DPad or Buttons to be that bad. Actually, after having read the polling speed problem thread, it sounds like they think these membranes will improve that issue... which they won't.

So anyone being pissed off because he receives still an "old" GPD Win:
It sounds exaggerated, in my opinion, something I often see from Chinese companies (you can't imagine how many emails of "best products worldwide - now even improved!" I received each week...).

It's nice to see that they want to improve the GPD Win, but I don't think it'll be a major improvement we'll see here.
There's won't be that much difference compared to your old GPD Win.
I'm evil.

Willburn

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2016, 10:54:49 pm »
Yay, just received 180 GPD Wins only to find out they're doing "major improvements"...

1. Firmware... well, that's software, so the old GPD Wins can be updated with it. That's an improvement, but not a hardware one :)

2. Membrane. Honestly, I didn't find the membranes of the DPad or Buttons to be that bad. Actually, after having read the polling speed problem thread, it sounds like they think these membranes will improve that issue... which they won't.

It sounds exaggerated, in my opinion, something I often see from Chinese companies (you can't imagine how many emails of "best products worldwide - now even improved!" I received each week...).

It's nice to see that they want to improve the GPD Win, but I don't think it'll be a major improvement we'll see here.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I read their "major improvements" post.
Give me a better polling rate and a better keyboard layout, then we are talking improvements!

skelton

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2016, 11:07:32 pm »

The polling rate issue will be fixed via software update of the Driver.. New membranes won't fix It, but software update will do (presumably). Screen refreh rate need a fix too. It's 60,27 Hz, not 60 or 59.94 which is more ideal for smooth scrollling in some emus.
That being said, the polling rste is not am issue for me. At least for the things i Play.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:09:30 pm by skelton »
Retired

MJPIA

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2016, 11:31:07 pm »
More than anything I am cautiously optimistic about an improved keyboard.

Also there are several other changes that were brought up in the Tieba thread about it.
Shell changes did not mention ... there are on January 10 to ship it on time ...
Guerrillas sprayer : Case closed on top to the bottom with the same semi-matt surface Report | 2016-12-19 04:31 Reply
328 289 559 : Reply guerrillas sprayer : Oh, no, A bottom surface becomes the same? 2016-12-19 19:48 Reply
Guerrillas sprayer : Reply 328 289 559 : Yes 2016-12-19 20:53 Reply
zxh8107 : This is to prevent the A side fingerprint collector.

Has been scheduled for the full version of the January 10 version of the machine, ask the landlord before the version of the driver to solve the problem? There is the need to return to >the factory to adjust the resistance problem?
Guerrillas sprayer : Yes, January 10 is changed motherboard design these programs, there will be no fall back drive problem.

Macatron

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2016, 12:02:29 am »

That's a VERY good point! Thanks for posting up. :D

nex86

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2016, 07:35:23 pm »
I would appreciate if the battery status issues are being fixed.
The device keeps to "forget" the current capacity of the battery and seem to overcharge it.

superfenix2020

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2016, 02:37:56 am »
And when will they put a real d-pad and the ABXY buttons for the autentics gamers?  :P

Comparison of sizes

It is possible to put a better and bigger d-pad and buttons!

If I have been able, GPD could as well.

edit: The silicone pads were also changed by better ones. ;)

The gaming experience has improved a lot with respect to the original d-pad and buttons.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:13:17 am by superfenix2020 »

shinkamui

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2016, 07:22:20 am »
And when will they put a real d-pad and the ABXY buttons for the autentics gamers?  :P

Comparison of sizes

It is possible to put a better and bigger d-pad and buttons!

If I have been able, GPD could as well.

edit: The silicone pads were also changed by better ones. ;)

The gaming experience has improved a lot with respect to the original d-pad and buttons.

Im assuming you cut the XD case to fit the bigger dpad and buttons, what did you use to do it?  dremel? Hand sanding? That bigger dpad would be a godsend on the win.

eragon2890

• e
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2016, 09:49:42 am »
The battery is def being overcharged, it says like 8500 whenever it's done and when it's of and plug it in it only reports less then 100% and starts charging if windows is already down to 70%... but if I let it charge then and only unplug it whne the battery goes off, windows is at 100% and I hve to let it go down in windows to less then 70% again before it will charge when off.

In other words: it overcharges by ~30% with respect to intended capacity.

BUT it has been doing this for ~25 cycles with absolutely no problems so far, and it means I can play age of empires 2 HD over lan on max brightness for 3.5 hours on one charge, so I am not complaining.

Would suck if they "fix" that -  as long as the battery doesn't go "note 7" on me or degrades very quickly, it's only a good thing right? XD

As for the polling rate  - didn't I read in another thread that they had already fixed that in firmware bringing it back from 50 to less then 10 ms? I didn't try because I find the controls perfectly fine as they are, even for shooters and fighting games, but if people are annoyed with it you can try I guess. :)

nielo360

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2016, 01:53:08 pm »
The left mouse click not working with dpad is a major issue. I assume it can be fixed via firmware till then my work around is to flip right and left click via windows settings and use one of the buttons as a click as well. Its quiet annoying.

Faust

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2016, 02:53:55 pm »
The left mouse click not working with dpad is a major issue. I assume it can be fixed via firmware till then my work around is to flip right and left click via windows settings and use one of the buttons as a click as well. Its quiet annoying.
Yeah I'm really agree about the left shoulder button in mouse mod, it kinda sucks.

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

Post a new topic
Post a new topic