Author Topic: Major improvements of GPD WIN after January 10 2017  (Read 20387 times)

Renard (OP)

Re: Major improvements of GPD WIN after January 10 2017
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 09:23:08 am »
Firstly, it improves the silicone pads of cross key and function keys A, B, X, Y.

Secondly, it improves the metal dome of the keyboard, which is the metal shrapnel under the keyboard.

Thirdly, it updates the firmware, which will improve the cross key and functional keys’ responding speed of the gamepad.

Fourthly, under the mouse mod, if you hold the joystick at one direction for a long time, the pointer of the mouse will increase the speed, and the general sensitivity of the mouse has increased dramatically.

Regarding the third improvement: By Firmware, do you mean the BIOS of the device? If yes, would that be the BIOS version which is completely locked down without any of the extra options?

Regarding the fourth improvement: Is that the mouse pointer update which you have posted to this forum recently? Could you please also release an update which rolls the mouse controls back to what they were before? To be honest I very much prefer the previous non-accelerated movement. Thank you.

Regarding the third improvement: By Firmware, do you mean the BIOS of the device? --> Yes, it is.

Regarding the fourth improvement --> The post that we have posted recently is just a test for driver. If you like the non-accelerated movement, you need to reinstall the firmware or reinstall the Microsoft original edition window10, then download the independent drive package.

Link of firmware: GPD WIN firmware (two files all need download.then Extract.please use the U disk to install)
https://mega.nz/#F!NcBVQBDA!FK2jal9K57DU5LzRnPDJAQ

Link of independent drive package: GPD WIN drive (If you want to install Microsoft's official system directly, the links below offer GDP WIN independence drive package)
https://mega.nz/#!MYwVACoS!vxPZNlkDV7mm3YJuE0saiCyrbhvMqT7wZfaseYZygWA

Willburn

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 09:32:28 am »

Regarding the fourth improvement --> The post that we have posted recently is just a test for driver. If you like the non-accelerated movement, you need to reinstall the firmware or reinstall the Microsoft original edition window10, then download the independent drive package.

Link of firmware: GPD WIN firmware (two files all need download.then Extract.please use the U disk to install)

Link of independent drive package: GPD WIN drive (If you want to install Microsoft's official system directly, the links below offer GDP WIN independence drive package)

Hi wlin, thank you for responding to my questions.

Am I understanding you correctly? In order to revert back to the old mouse movement behaviour I have to reinstall windows 10 on my system????

I really would like to avoid that since it took me at least two days to get windows configured to the point I have it right now... I was hoping you could just supply me an executable similar to the new mouse movement update which rolls the update back. Is that not possible?

Renard (OP)

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 09:41:18 am »
The keyboard on mine will occasionally completely stop responding other than the 10 keys by themself on the far right side of the keyboard.
Several other people have reported the same issue.
Will this keyboard solve that issue?

Please try to solve this keyboard problem by downloading the drive:  https://mega.nz/#!VMZ3GIAb!--8h12EMyw63CIesRTOe5YAToC4R4r36j5YPKE6fvhU

If it doesn't work, please try to install the GPD WIN drive (If you want to install Microsoft's official system directly, the links below offer GDP WIN independence drive package): https://mega.nz/#!MYwVACoS!vxPZNlkDV7mm3YJuE0saiCyrbhvMqT7wZfaseYZygWA

Faust

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 01:25:36 pm »
The keyboard on mine will occasionally completely stop responding other than the 10 keys by themself on the far right side of the keyboard.
Several other people have reported the same issue.
Will this keyboard solve that issue?

Please try to solve this keyboard problem by downloading the drive:  https://mega.nz/#!VMZ3GIAb!--8h12EMyw63CIesRTOe5YAToC4R4r36j5YPKE6fvhU

If it doesn't work, please try to install the GPD WIN drive (If you want to install Microsoft's official system directly, the links below offer GDP WIN independence drive package): https://mega.nz/#!MYwVACoS!vxPZNlkDV7mm3YJuE0saiCyrbhvMqT7wZfaseYZygWA
Hi,

Is it possible to answer my previous question?

Is it possible to fix the problem of the left shoulder buttons in mouse mod?

The left shoulder buttons don't work when you use the D-pad, it's really annoying and killing the use of the mouse mod.

Macatron

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 01:29:58 pm »
@wlin7730

Could you please answer my question as well? Will these newer versions be available after January 10th, or are you going to start changing production on January 10th? Thanks!

nex86

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 06:44:30 pm »
Please also improve the heatsink.
Add copper fins on the heatsink where the fan is (z8700 version don't have these), use thermal paste instead of a thermal pad for the cpu. (might also need a thin copper shim between heatsink and cpu)
this reduces temperatures on load by up to 10°C

I'm willing to buy a new device at some point next year if those things are all getting improved.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 06:46:58 pm by nex86 »

Macatron

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 07:42:34 pm »
Please also improve the heatsink.
Add copper fins on the heatsink where the fan is (z8700 version don't have these), use thermal paste instead of a thermal pad for the cpu. (might also need a thin copper shim between heatsink and cpu)
this reduces temperatures on load by up to 10°C

I'm willing to buy a new device at some point next year if those things are all getting improved.

Yeah, I'd even pay a little extra to know these things have been upgraded just for the added piece of mind.

shinkamui

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 04:35:06 am »
Firstly, it improves the silicone pads of cross key and function keys A, B, X, Y.

Secondly, it improves the metal dome of the keyboard, which is the metal shrapnel under the keyboard.

Thirdly, it updates the firmware, which will improve the cross key and functional keys’ responding speed of the gamepad.

Fourthly, under the mouse mod, if you hold the joystick at one direction for a long time, the pointer of the mouse will increase the speed, and the general sensitivity of the mouse has increased dramatically.

Regarding the third improvement: By Firmware, do you mean the BIOS of the device? If yes, would that be the BIOS version which is completely locked down without any of the extra options?

Regarding the fourth improvement: Is that the mouse pointer update which you have posted to this forum recently? Could you please also release an update which rolls the mouse controls back to what they were before? To be honest I very much prefer the previous non-accelerated movement. Thank you.

Regarding the third improvement: By Firmware, do you mean the BIOS of the device? --> Yes, it is.

Does this january update address the complaints about the dpad/cross button response speed to rotational presses and rapid presses?  Many are conflating it with the usb polling rates, however, I think we all only care that we can actually play twitch reaction and fighting games with it in the end.  Does this update differ in functionality from the "test" driver you alluded to earlier?  That firmware did not address the problem.   Will there be an option to get the dpad/button improvements without being forced into the mouse changes?  Will you add separate button functions to R2 and L2 in mouse mode so they are not wasted?

Thanks for giving us an update. 

Renard (OP)

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2016, 07:22:35 am »
I just want confirmation of these two points first:

1. This new firmware is NOT the same firmware as was already released recently.

2. This new firmware will be available to original backers.

Beyond that, upgrade part kits for at least the membranes seem like a no brainer since GPD has provided them on previous devices.  And hey, if they provided the SMB RESISTOR kits for a diy fix on the gpu, I think it would be ridiculous not to give us the upgraded membranes and dpad/buttons, which is actually more realistically a diy :).

1. This new firmware is NOT the same firmware as was already released recently. --> Yes

2. This new firmware will be available to original backers. ---> Yes

Regarding your last question, if you have a strong manual dexterity, we will provide an updated accessory pack for you to purchase at Aliexpress later.

Renard (OP)

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2016, 07:38:50 am »

Hi wlin, thank you for responding to my questions.

Am I understanding you correctly? In order to revert back to the old mouse movement behaviour I have to reinstall windows 10 on my system????

I really would like to avoid that since it took me at least two days to get windows configured to the point I have it right now... I was hoping you could just supply me an executable similar to the new mouse movement update which rolls the update back. Is that not possible?

You can choose either to reinstall the firmware or reinstall the Microsoft original edition win10. If you don't wish to reinstall Microsoft system, you may choose to reinstall the firmware.

Renard (OP)

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2016, 09:03:49 am »
And don't forget to fix the problem of the left shoulder buttons in mouse mod : the left shoulder buttons don't work when you use the D-pad, it's really annoying and killing the use of the mouse mod.

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

It should be something wrong with the Micro Switch of the left shoulder buttons. If you know how to set up the Micro Switch, we can send you the Micro Switch.

Faust

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2016, 09:06:41 am »
And don't forget to fix the problem of the left shoulder buttons in mouse mod : the left shoulder buttons don't work when you use the D-pad, it's really annoying and killing the use of the mouse mod.

It should be something wrong with the Micro Switch of the left shoulder buttons. If you know how to set up the Micro Switch, we can send you the Micro Switch.
Actually it's only in mouse mod, I don't have this problem with X-input neither D-input, is possible you check the GPD
WIN about that problem?

Renard (OP)

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2016, 09:14:35 am »
@wlin7730

Could you please answer my question as well? Will these newer versions be available after January 10th, or are you going to start changing production on January 10th? Thanks!

These newer versions will be available after January 10.

Elwood89

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2016, 01:03:00 pm »

Actually it's only in mouse mod, I don't have this problem with X-input neither D-input, is possible you check the GPD
WIN about that problem?

I have exactly the same problem, and also only in mouse mode. So it's not the switch.

Saber

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2016, 01:37:59 pm »
@wlin7730

These newer versions will be available after January 10.
Again, how will people discern which version, old or new, they'll get if they order from any online retailer? After January 10th is too vague when resellers can take weeks or months to sell out entire stock shipped to them in bulk and through untarnished customer returns.

Have you thought of simply applying a cheap v2 sticker on the underside of the case not unlike the "QC" one that is on the XD's?

Also, taking a little time out of all this promoting to upload an instructional video for those who want to manually swap the membrane themselves would be a kindness on GPD's part after all this. ;) 

Post a new topic
Post a new topic