I asked from Kelvin if they are still looking into this issue. This is the response I received:
"Abxy D - pad has been improving the response speed, we test is OK, some Chinese players have tested the new controller firmware, and confirm the key response speed has been greatly improved. The mouse model of fast moving is still in perfect."
I don't know if this firmware he is referring to is the same one posted on this forum or a another one.
Let me get this straight: GPD and some Chinese players have tested the new controller firmware and confirmed that the response speed has been greatly improved. If this is true we can safely conclude one of the following:
1) those that tested the controller firmware and didn't report any improvement in response speed were not using the new and latest controller firmware;
2) the response speed GPD is reffering to is not the same as the polling rate people here complain about;
3) those that tested the controller firmware and didn't report any improvement are not intelligent enough to make a proper test;
4) those that say the latest controller firmware didn't resolve the issue are lying.
Of course there is also the possibility of GPD being the ones not telling the truth.
If this isn't a customer greatest nightmare, than what is?
- Sir, my product has a defect.
- Nah man, you're seeing thing.
No matter the truth, IMO GPD's approach to this particular issue is insulting. They're calling some of us stupid ...or not smart enough to identify a problem with our own devices - if that suits you better.
On a side note, I can only wonder if those Chinese people that see great improvements in controller's response speed have also seen great improvments in potency and fertility after taking powder "medicine" made from tiger's genitals.