• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: I upgraded drivers with SDI tool, touch screen stopped working?  (Read 3013 times)

ruthan (OP)

Hello,
i never was Windows touchscreen user, i updated Win 10 to 1903 and drivers with last GPD package and later with SDI driver update, somewhere in the middle touchscreen stopped working?

I tried to install GPD touch screen driver no luck?

What i have to check or touchscreen input? I mainly need it only for faster scrolling..

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
Re: I upgraded drivers with SDI tool, touch screen stopped working?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 07:20:38 pm »
Try to reboot Win2 to a restore date before you installed the GPD driver package. That will probably fix the issue.

ruthan (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 11:16:32 am »
Hmm, its lazy solution, i would like to understand more what is going one and which drivers (devices) is responsible for touch screen handling etc.
  For anybody else a recommend to create restore point before every drivers installation.. but its too late for me.

exorio

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 07:00:45 am »
It's never a good idea to update drivers using these kind of software. I damaged my system numerous times, on which most of the case, a simple reformat and reinstall should fix it.

However on my GPD Win 1, one of the drivers actually OVERWRITE the touchscreen FIRMWARE. Did a full wipe and reinstall multiple times the touch screen just don't work like it should anymore.

I had to order a new screen (with the touchscreen sensor), then it works properly.

ruthan (OP)

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 03:27:22 pm »
For me these are working fine, its lack of support, documentation and drivers updates.. which stopping me to using GPD drivers.. they dont have even proper download page.. bunch of amateurs.

Post a new topic