Author Topic: Hey, guys!I got the test machine(GPD Pocket) What do you want to know?  (Read 5120 times)

panshuai0 (OP)

• My Hocoslamfy high score is 40. I Love My Gcw Zero
I got a beta machine (GPD Pocket) doing the test!
I am from China, we have any advice to ask me?

I am a Chinese machine tester。

Tell you a good news,I communicate with GPD CEO, CEO said that after three months of sale, will release the driver code. Open source means increased playability.

Currently driving the development process at 80 percent

I communicate with the engineers, engineers said drive-driven production has been to the late, please rest assured.

I confirm that the keyboard is unreasonable. W, a, s, d, middle finger can not be placed!
My Hocoslamfy high score is 40. I Love My Gcw Zero

panshuai0 (OP)

I am sorry to forget that the current test machine is the windos system, linux driver will be in your co-end before I brush ubuntu system for testing. Three months after the accident will release the driver code. You can free brush linux.

vcoleiro1

@panshuai0

Thanks for posting.

Can I ask:

1)  is typing on the GPD Pocket with two hands good ?

2)  what is battery life like?

panshuai0 (OP)

@vcoleiro1

Hello, nice to answer your question!

1.Typing takes some time to adapt to the keyboard。This is not the standard keyboard layout, typing takes some time to adapt to it。Play this game keyboard layout is very unfriendly。

2.Battery life is 6-8 hours.

3.The positioning of this device is business office。Windos and open source linux support, playability is relatively high.

vcoleiro1

@vcoleiro1

1.Typing takes some time to adapt to the keyboard。This is not the standard keyboard layout, typing takes some time to adapt to it。Play this game keyboard layout is very unfriendly。

3.The positioning of this device is business office。Windos and open source linux support, playability is relatively high.

Thanks for your answers, much appreciated

Do you know when GPD will show the Linux version of the Pocket?

panshuai0 (OP)

@vcoleiro1

Thanks for your answers, much appreciated

Do you know when GPD will show the Linux version of the Pocket?
Engineers say that pocket retail version using ubuntu system, the specific version should be ubuntu16.04. The driver code will be released after three months of sale.

Willburn

Hi, thanks for answering our questions :)

How loud is the device fan when under load (like playing a game for instance)? Is the fan manually controlled like it is on the win?

rhx

Do you have any Standard USB-C accessories like a charger or PD-Capable hub to test the USB-C capabilities? Thank you

panshuai0 (OP)

How loud is the device fan when under load (like playing a game for instance)? Is the fan manually controlled like it is on the win?
Are you talking about fan noise?Than the gpdwin fan noise to be large, it is estimated 20-25db, I have no noise equipment test sorry.Pocket with active cooling, no fan switch. The fan is automatically controlled.

panshuai0 (OP)

Active cooling

panshuai0 (OP)

Do you have any Standard USB-C accessories like a charger or PD-Capable hub to test the USB-C capabilities? Thank you
Sorry, I do not have a hub. The official only gave me the machine with the charger test.
The official website that suggested that with their hub, because there is no release parts, I did not get. :(

vcoleiro1

@panshuai0

What are your favourite things about the Pocket, and what things don't you like?

panshuai0 (OP)

@panshuai0

What are your favourite things about the Pocket, and what things don't you like?
I like POCKET to work and could fit in the jeans of the computer, it is important to his support for Linux, you can use it to programming, can also be fun. I don't like POCKET keyboard layout, need to adapt to their own interface is not complete, not even the TF interface.

panshuai0 (OP)

I installed POCKET and GPDWIN Phoenix os system, Android 7.0 they run very well, support the touch just lack sound driver.

zurueck

It is comfortable typing on keyboard while you holding Pocket in you hands(not on the table)?

The case does not heat up when CPU and GPU loads?

When worn Pocket in the front pocket of jeans does not Pocket uncomfortably rest on the thigh?
When you sit?

panshuai0 (OP)

It is comfortable typing on keyboard while you holding Pocket in you hands(not on the table)?

The case does not heat up when CPU and GPU loads?

When worn Pocket in the front pocket of jeans does not Pocket uncomfortably rest on the thigh?
When you sit?
Nice to answer your question
The following is a formal answer:
1.When you do the next time, you can put on your legs typing. If you are standing, you can type your thumb with both hands.
2.It uses alloy shell, active cooling, full load operation after the shell temperature is lower than the plastic shell. You put the jeans into the cover near your thigh when you are loaded with full load. This will not feel its temperature. Do not worry about summer scalding your beautiful thighs.
3.Into the jeans pocket, just to prove it is easy to carry.
Your jeans pocket there is an iPhone, you sit down iphone is wore your beautiful thighs

Here is the question I would like to ask you
1.In your hands holding a laptop (not on the table) How do you type?
2.Can you walk on the road without a laptop with both hands?
3.Do you have to go out to work with a laptop, are you tired of carrying a laptop? Is it heavy for you tired?

panshuai0 (OP)

I installed POCKET and GPDWIN Phoenix os system, Android 7.0 they run very well, support the touch just lack sound driver.

mr.white

Are you talking about fan noise?Than the gpdwin fan noise to be large, it is estimated 20-25db, I have no noise equipment test sorry.Pocket with active cooling, no fan switch. The fan is automatically controlled.

Sorry, you mean the noise is less as the GPD Win in "High" fan mode? Or the the same as in low fan mode of the GPD Win?

panshuai0 (OP)

Sorry, you mean the noise is less as the GPD Win in "High" fan mode? Or the the same as in low fan mode of the GPD Win?
Pocket noise is equivalent to gpdwin's highest fan noise.
Pocket fan is active with no heat switch

mr.white

Pocket noise is equivalent to gpdwin's highest fan noise.
Pocket fan is active with no heat switch

Thanks, thats a bit to noisy for me, always using the "low" fan setting on the GPD Win and appreciate the manual fan control. Hopefully they leave a choice here for the GPD Win2. Nothing is more annoying as fan noise - speaking for myself.

Post a new topic