Author Topic: GPD WIN Z8750 Revision  (Read 2659 times)

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
GPD WIN Z8750 Revision
« on: July 02, 2017, 05:55:49 pm »
Hey everyone. As the brand new, official & authorized reseller of GPD products in the USA... I just wanted to introduce my shop to this sub-forum as I have barely made a presence here, etc.

Suffice to say, I absolutely love the dingoonity community & have frequented these forums for the past several years. I know plenty about the emulation scene & have been fortunate enough to have owned a Dingoo A320/GCW ZERO/GPD XD as well.

The reason that I opened this new thread on the GPD WIN section is because I wanted to begin carrying the GPD WIN as a new product on my webshop over at Dreamesper.com  However, due to the first model's run on the market, I have noticed many inconsistencies with the units... in other words, as being faulty/overheating/etc.

With that being said, I recently noticed that on GPD's newly revised distribution sheet that there is a new model of the WIN... the Z8750 with magnesium casing.

Here are some specs according to the sheet:

Intel Atom X7 Z8750
Quad-core processor/Quad threading
5.5 in, 1280*720 H-IPS
4GB, LPDDR3-1600/64GB, eMMC 4.51

My question is the following... for those that have this new model, have the issues with the previous model(s) been fixed/corrected? In other words, is this new version of the GPD WIN stable when it comes to the BIOS & firmware??

I would like to hear any kind of comments/feedback/suggestions so that I may start taking orders for this model of the WIN.

Thanks!
"To Dreamesper.com, ZZZZZZzzzzzz.... (smb2)"

:)

Excalibur

Re: GPD WIN Z8750 Revision
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 06:22:04 pm »
I had a Z8750 and WiFi didn't work after Windows update. I was advised by one of their resellers that a Firmware upgrade fixes this issue.
Ek-skal-uh-ber

nmkd

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 06:23:41 pm »
Hey everyone. As the brand new, official & authorized reseller of GPD products in the USA... I just wanted to introduce my shop to this sub-forum as I have barely made a presence here, etc.

Suffice to say, I absolutely love the dingoonity community & have frequented these forums for the past several years. I know plenty about the emulation scene & have been fortunate enough to have owned a Dingoo A320/GCW ZERO/GPD XD as well.

The reason that I opened this new thread on the GPD WIN section is because I wanted to begin carrying the GPD WIN as a new product on my webshop over at Dreamesper.com  However, due to the first model's run on the market, I have noticed many inconsistencies with the units... in other words, as being faulty/overheating/etc.

With that being said, I recently noticed that on GPD's newly revised distribution sheet that there is a new model of the WIN... the Z8750 with magnesium casing.

Here are some specs according to the sheet:

Intel Atom X7 Z8750
Quad-core processor/Quad threading
5.5 in, 1280*720 H-IPS
4GB, LPDDR3-1600/64GB, eMMC 4.51

My question is the following... for those that have this new model, have the issues with the previous model(s) been fixed/corrected? In other words, is this new version of the GPD WIN stable when it comes to the BIOS & firmware??

I would like to hear any kind of comments/feedback/suggestions so that I may start taking orders for this model of the WIN.

Thanks!
I got my Aluminum Z8750 a few days ago.
Really happy, no problems at all.
No driver/game crashes, HDMI works fine, temperatures are acceptable.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:26:31 pm by nmkd »

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 06:46:08 pm »
Great, that's good to hear. I imagine that I will then place the WIN Z8750 model up for preorder by later tonight on my webshop.

Thanks for the input fellas.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 03:35:51 am »
Okay everyone. The latest revision model of the GPD WIN is available for preorder through my webshop.

Shipping ONLY to Canada & USA at the moment... so kindly keep that in mind.

Price:  $375.00
Shipping: $9.50

Estimated shipping timeframe:   mid/late July

Thanks for all of the support so far & if anyone has any questions... feel free to reach me via the website's email address or through PM on dingoonity.

MOFO

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 06:51:20 am »
Let us know when you have them in stock.
Are you only taking pre-orders or will have a batch in stock?

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 09:21:28 am »
Just preorders at the moment.

fidelis1

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 05:53:43 pm »
Okay everyone. The latest revision model of the GPD WIN is available for preorder through my webshop.

Shipping ONLY to Canada & USA at the moment... so kindly keep that in mind.

Price:  $375.00
Shipping: $9.50

Estimated shipping timeframe:   mid/late July

Thanks for all of the support so far & if anyone has any questions... feel free to reach me via the website's email address or through PM on dingoonity.

Are they definitely going to be shipped out this summer? Or are you only going to order them once you receive a certain number of preorders like the GCW Zero?

Maniac

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 12:20:54 pm »
I had a Z8750 and WiFi didn't work after Windows update. I was advised by one of their resellers that a Firmware upgrade fixes this issue.

No. That happens on every single model. For the wifi to work, the wifi fix needs to be run. The wifi fix puts a text file in the Windows System directory. When you install a Windows build upgrade (build upgrade, *not* update), it's technically a re-install of Windows. As such, anything changed in the Windows directory needs to be re-changed.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 03:46:53 pm »
Are they definitely going to be shipped out this summer? Or are you only going to order them once you receive a certain number of preorders like the GCW Zero?

I will order them from GPD immediately unlike the ZERO which takes more time. GPD products can be obtained very quickly from the company & shipped overseas from China within 4-5 days.

nex86

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 05:10:41 pm »

thats a general issue that the 8700 version also has.
reinstalling the wifi driver and applying the wifi fix fixes the issue.

fidelis1

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 03:01:44 pm »

I will order them from GPD immediately unlike the ZERO which takes more time. GPD products can be obtained very quickly from the company & shipped overseas from China within 4-5 days.

Cool thanks for answering. I think I'll wait for the GPD Win 2 though since unfortunately the graphics on the 8750 don't support Vulkan in Windows and Dolphin discontinued DirectX 12 support. :(

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 05:39:41 pm »
Cool thanks for answering. I think I'll wait for the GPD Win 2 though since unfortunately the graphics on the 8750 don't support Vulkan in Windows and Dolphin discontinued DirectX 12 support. :(

No worries, thanks for letting me know.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 05:43:41 pm »
Hey everyone... I came across more additional financing & wanted to gauge interest by those that are interested in obtaining the latest revision for the GPD WIN.

I would like to order 2-3 units & have them in-stock by next weekend for $375.00 + shipping.

So, if you are in that state of mind & looking for a GPD WIN at a great price, let me know here on this thread. I will tally up the amount of customers that are interested in getting one by next weekend or so & place a purchase order with GPD.

No need to preorder through my site at this point... once I have them in possession, I will update this thread.

;D

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 01:27:05 am »
Hi. Flash sale going on for the GPD WIN over at dreamesper.com!!!

$300.00 + shipping

Act fast!!!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic