• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Poll: GPD WIN Stability  (Read 8782 times)

danomat1073

Re: Poll: GPD WIN Stability
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 03:19:52 am »
FYI, I got mine in today. It works great. Don't expect a power house gaming PC. It's a small low powered handheld PC. I love it already.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

danomat1073

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 11:58:32 am »
FYI, I got mine in today. It works great. Don't expect a power house gaming PC. It's a small low powered handheld PC. I love it already.

Forgot to mention, I did have to update the intel graphics drivers, and I did install all Windows updates first.

infernogott

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 09:32:53 pm »
The point is there are still way to many unstable crashing WIN's, OK I get that in manufacturing you will see some defects but this is still way out of control at this point.
Trust me I want a working unit as badly as you do but I'm not a gambling man and really don't want to spend much too valuable time trying to fix something that should not be broken to begin with.

A) it's not known it's a software or hardware issue for sure

B) we keep seeing the same 20 or 30 people saying their unit doesn't work (also after a clean reinstall which is not much work and you may want to do anyway), there have been about 2500 shipped out to IGG, 2000 to Jd and hundreds to resellers

C) Most problems seem to be reported by people within a short range of time, strongly indicating it's one batch. All but one persons on the spanish forums were happy. Japanese seemed happy. Happy germans also on youtube. We just don't hear about them, because they use Japanese or spanish or German language forums. GPD seemed to ship out mostly by country. I think the shit just had hit the fan in the batch made right at the moment they started shipping to English speaking markets - which is why on here they seem aklmost universally shit.
If on the Spanish forum they seem almost as universally great, it's probably one bad batch.

D) even for English markers, we don;t know how many hundreds are enjoying their wins.

TLDR: remember last year? We had a poll when the XD was released, more then 30% of respondents had non-working XD's! The poll results were basically the same! Yet you are totally correct in what you said in your last post, the XD's mostly worked great! Why? Because the poll results were more skewed then skewered meat on a shaslick stick.

Especially since not only are people with issues more likely to report it, they are alo more likely to keep track of the forums all day long because we are discussing possible solutions here, and thus they are a hundred times more likely to even see a topic with a poll has been made.  Proof? Simple. Within two hours we had 9 people reporting the bottom bar, and one in the upper. Now, 30 hours later, we still have 9 people in the lowest bar, and 11 in the upper two bars with no problems.

CLEARLY, people are much, much quicker with reporting when they have issues then when they don't. So it's very liely that if hte percentage here is (by now) 36 (yesterday it was 85...), in reality the % with unusable units is more like 5% at most.

I'm from germany and ordered from GB (Spain warehouse). Sadly I got crashes on Outrun 2006 (haven't tried any other 3D Games, yet).

eragon2890

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 12:04:31 am »
My battery has 15% more capacity then it should so I can play killer is dead maxed out on max screen for 5 hours nonstop, but otherwise everything about my WIN seems to be perfect out of the box... didn't even upgrade the screen driver.

baconstrip

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 12:11:52 am »
Ive played Dark Souls 2 for multiple hours with no crashes whatsoever.

DarkSki

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 12:45:51 am »
No issues here , it's been great being able to play Xbox 360 quality graphics on a portable device. The GPD Win has a solid quality build , I was not expecting this level of detail for such a low cost.

elwing

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 05:37:05 am »
Too early to vote for the moment, but so far no crash or issue, it is great...

halljames

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 01:10:10 pm »

I'm from germany and ordered from GB (Spain warehouse). Sadly I got crashes on Outrun 2006 (haven't tried any other 3D Games, yet).

That's a shame, I tried Outrun 2006 this morning, and it worked flawlessly on mine.  It looked absolutely gorgeous and buttery smooth.

halljames

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 03:20:43 pm »
New video, Outrun 2006 and DIRT 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2n-DJ-gVLI

phoenixfox

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 10:07:08 am »
Outrun 2006 butter smooth here. No crashes.

Overwatch running 15-25 fps 720p (shooting range)

dominique1976

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 01:28:18 pm »
For my part all the games in 3d do not work or not long !!!! (Except in streaming)

Check out my video: https://youtu.be/GxcxvXgpaTc

At 11'26, 12'53 and 13'26 :-(

It is a burden of not being able to play 3D games !! And the return policy seems complicated ...

So for some series of GPD WIN it is impossible to play games in 3D, and we are full of contributors in this case!

If you are excited, I invite you to be cautious and wait for fixes on the part of GPD hoping that the bugs can be corrected software.

Post a new topic