As someone obviously who is top of the list in regards to being disappointed that the keyboard letter keys were not centered, I do however feel you are being unfair. GPD in fact made a lot of changes to the WIN via user feedback.
1) They changed to using the Z8550 instead of the Z8500 . The Z8550 request was brought up by me, and pushed by the community until they made the change.
2) They added a ton of keys to the keyboard that the community requested , including: Pg U, Pg Dn, Home, End, Xbox Guide , Print Screen, Scroll lock , Pause and Insert
3) Xinput and Dinput modes were added due to community requests
4) Dual channel Wifi , again added due to community requests
5) I think even dual channel memory and Blutooth 4.1 were possibly added due to community requests
I'm sure I'm forgretting a number of other things.
So yeah, it's pretty unfair to say they haven't listened to us.
As for what has been said on the Pandora forum re Intel SoCs. That has changed over time. There was a point in time were people were unaware that Intel SoCs had caught up with ARM SoCs in regards to power usage. Over time, that has changed, and most people over there now understand that they are competitive with ARM in this front.
As for a fan, there is no fan ATM on the WIN. They plan to use a big heat sink. Just on the point re heating, even ARM SoCs get really hot when pushed, and heat is an issue with them also (You will notice EDs concern in trying to keep the OMAP 5 cool so it doesn't thermally throttle) . You only need to look at the latest smartphones (G7, Lumia 950 XL etc) which now are using liquid cooling heat pipes to cool them down and help give you more time before they thermally throttle.