• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD WIN on INDIEGOGO  (Read 1446318 times)

kendyzhu777 (OP)

GPD WIN on INDIEGOGO
« on: February 25, 2016, 08:51:50 am »
We made a campaign on INDIEGOGO for GPD WIN.Hope you can support us and keep it going!!Thanks so much!!http://igg.me/at/gpdwin/x/13166053

We are holding a promotion activity for GPD WIN on Twitter and facebook. Just Retweet and share then you can get a COMPLETELY FREE GPD WIN!! Hope you can help us to share this news and let more people know!!The link is blow,please check it and kindly Retweet and share it.Thanks so much!!
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/4GPDWin/?ref=hl
Twitter:https://twitter.com/softwincn
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:53:01 am by kendyzhu777 »

vcoleiro1

Re: GPD WIN on INDIEGOGO
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 08:55:40 am »
Kendy,

You need to get someone to edit the Indiegogo campaign page.  The English  is not good.  It makes the campaign look bad.   Plus , as I mentioned in the other thread, it's not a laptop. What you want to market it as is a Handheld UMPC/Gaming Console . UMPC stands for Ultra Mobile PC - it's an existing device category that defines devices like the GPD WIN.   Referring to it as a Laptop also makes the campaign look bad.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:59:56 am by vcoleiro1 »

eragon2890

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 09:15:10 am »
WEll, the English is good enough I think, altough it could indeed be better as poster above points out... but I understand everything right away, so no problem really.

What I am concerned about... the price... ZOMG... I was worried it would be expensive, but it says that if you pay $299 you will get an "incredibly low preorder price, 200 dollars discount!!" DOES THAT MEAN THE GPD WIN IS GOING TO COST 500 DOLLARS????? ?????

????????????

???????????

Edit: I don't think calling it a tiny laptop instead of a LUMBPCEQQJJDIEDKUIUZOMG is going to be a problem tough as long as the screen size is clearly indicated like it is. Just improve the english grammar. (Even I had never heard of that abbrevation and I study computer science, most of my gamer friends would be like "a whattum" whereas "tiny laptop" is something people understand and it IS a tiny laptop. It has a hinge, a keyboard, and runs windows -> laptop. XD )

But yeah, better grammar, and again please tell me it won't be 500 dollars... because I will not pay that for it, sorry :-(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:18:38 am by eragon2890 »

vcoleiro1

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 09:24:58 am »
You say Laptop, people think laptop. ie something that isn't handheld or pocketable. 

Sure they try to explain in different spots that it is pocketable, but now you just have confusion. Out of all the options to call it , laptop shouldn't be one of them.   Especially when you are trying to get the message across that it's not what a laptop is, ie not pocketable

And yes, if you start a crowd funding campaign, with no prototype, and no video.  The campaign text needs to be outstanding as you are already way behind the eight ball.  No prototype means it will put off a lot of people.  No video, makes it look like a fly by night operation - personally I don't trust campaigns which don't show a video and show the people behind it.   Then to top that all off, you have the grammar and English which is bad, in some places humorously bad.  Add that to the other two points , and it's not good.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:36:27 am by vcoleiro1 »

kendyzhu777 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 09:41:31 am »
Thanks so much for your kind concerns!!It is true that our English is not so good as you are,we will try to improve.And about the title of campaign "Laptop",which word is more accurate for it in your opinion?If we write something wrong,please correct us!!Many thanks!!And about the price.Yes.The expected retail price is:$499.So if you order on INDIEGOGO,you can save $200 at least.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 09:45:44 am »
Thanks so much for your kind concerns!!It is true that our English is not so good as you are,we will try to improve.And about the title of campaign "Laptop",which word is more accurate for it in your opinion?If we write something wrong,please correct us!!Many thanks!!And about the price.Yes.The expected retail price is:$499.So if you order on INDIEGOGO,you can save $200 at least.

Kendy, I would hire an English translator, there are many in China that do this job for chinese companies.  You would only need them for half a day at most.

In regards to what I would call it, I would refer to it as simply as possible.   Perhaps use "Handheld PC/Gaming Console"
That's a lot better than the line you use at the top of the campign page below the first image which says "Game Handheld Laptop"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:47:37 am by vcoleiro1 »

redlemon

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 11:15:49 am »
There's no mention of native x-input support. It's kind of useless for me if it doesn't have it.

eragon2890

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 11:24:08 am »
 for that money... nope :-( sorry looks cool I but it's more expensive then a ps4 !!!

Deen0X

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 11:37:36 am »
$500

uf!, i think... is not a good price really... is so expensive.

ladvd

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 01:14:28 pm »
$ 500 is expensive , hopefully reconsider the price 250-270 dollars is my limit , once placed on the market   ???

Lax

• Host Anvil - Web Hosting
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 01:22:59 pm »
Maybe you shouldn't have rushed the process this far without hearing out some feedback first...

Hope those guys who give the $299 get their GPD-WINs even if it doesn't make the money you're expecting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:25:14 pm by Lax »
Turn off your Android games console when you are finished with it!

DrROBschiz

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 01:41:14 pm »
Would probably still buy this @ 500 but yeah getting the price down would be appreciated

wermy

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 01:53:59 pm »
Kendy, what happens if you don't meet your goal?  Will the GPD Win be cancelled?  I am worried that if I back the project, and your goal isn't met, I will have lost $300 with nothing to show for it.  The IndieGogo campaign is set up with a "flexible goal" meaning you get our money even if you don't meet the goal.  Anyway, as long as the GPD Win will still get made at some point even if you don't meet the goal, I will happily pledge.

Also I agree with vcoleiro1 about the title.  Calling it a laptop will not grab many people's attention.  Calling it something like a Windows-based gaming handheld would probably be more effective.

Good luck!
GPD Win Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/CZrVzKX

DieHardMan

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 01:55:35 pm »
The smach z campaign failed because they had no prototype.

R2112

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 02:01:16 pm »
Kendy, what happens if you don't meet your goal?  Will the GPD Win be cancelled?  I am worried that if I back the project, and your goal isn't met, I will have lost $300 with nothing to show for it.  The IndieGogo campaign is set up with a "flexible goal" meaning you get our money even if you don't meet the goal.  Anyway, as long as the GPD Win will still get made at some point even if you don't meet the goal, I will happily pledge.

Also I agree with vcoleiro1 about the title.  Calling it a laptop will not grab many people's attention.  Calling it something like a Windows-based gaming handheld would probably be more effective.

Good luck!

This is absolutely my concern.
If the goal is not met, do we get a refund?
Will you produce the unit anyway even if the goal is not met?

Saber

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 03:47:07 pm »

Good luck!

This is absolutely my concern.
If the goal is not met, do we get a refund?
Will you produce the unit anyway even if the goal is not met?
It's a flexible goal so if GPD doesn't meet the $100,000 ceiling they'll still ship out a product, unless the whole project is ended by them. Being that the XD was prosperous, I doubt they will cancel. This funding campaign is just another way to raise capital and media interest. Whether they raise $299 or more than $10,000 won't make any dent in the grand scheme of things or it's fruition.

wermy

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 03:58:47 pm »
It's a flexible goal so if GPD doesn't meet the $100,000 ceiling they'll still ship out a product, unless the whole project is ended by them. Being that the XD was prosperous, I doubt they will cancel. This funding campaign is just another way to raise capital and media interest. Whether they raise $299 or more than $10,000 won't make any dent in the grand scheme of things or it's fruition.

What you're saying sounds reasonable, but it's really just speculation.  :\  I'm not willing to throw down $300 unless GPD themselves can confirm that they'll make the product either way the campaign goes.
GPD Win Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/CZrVzKX

ohno

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 04:18:08 pm »
Ordered.

This product is exactly what I've been waiting for.

For me, this is a perfect administration device. I've had my share of eee pc's and various tablets, all trying to have a convenient method of accomplishing tasks out and about.

Having a full featured pc in my pocket - can't wait. Having controls like a gameboy, to play some emulators on the go - bonus.

If there was an option to add 4G/LTE, or even an upgraded model with more RAM/HD space, I'd happily pay extra - just let me know :)

Kendy - thank you so much, I can't wait to get more information as production continues.

Saber

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 04:25:27 pm »
^wermy
The other side of the coin is the potential risk with being an early adopter(of any company). Fresh off the production line means you'll be recruited to notice imperfections in hardware and software that may have missed quality controls in place. The upside is you won't have to wait like the rest of us.  8)

Lax

• Host Anvil - Web Hosting
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2016, 04:28:00 pm »
Ordered.

This product is exactly what I've been waiting for.

For me, this is a perfect administration device. I've had my share of eee pc's and various tablets, all trying to have a convenient method of accomplishing tasks out and about.

Having a full featured pc in my pocket - can't wait. Having controls like a gameboy, to play some emulators on the go - bonus.

If there was an option to add 4G/LTE, or even an upgraded model with more RAM/HD space, I'd happily pay extra - just let me know :)

Kendy - thank you so much, I can't wait to get more information as production continues.

Well at least they employ fluent-ish English speaking shills.
Turn off your Android games console when you are finished with it!

Post a new topic