Author Topic: GPD Win 2 features and suggestions to improve everything  (Read 222952 times)

AVahne

Re: GPD Win 2 features and suggestions to improve everything
« Reply #1980 on: March 08, 2018, 03:53:06 am »
A better design than the crap that got selected. Looks good right side up and upside down.

MOFO

« Reply #1981 on: March 11, 2018, 04:15:15 pm »
A better design than the crap that got selected. Looks good right side up and upside down.
Does it really matter if a logo is upside down/ right side up or whatever way you want to look at it if your staring at the screen and actually not seeing the logo? Not really.....

Lazy Bunny

• My imgur stuff, including projects.
« Reply #1982 on: March 13, 2018, 03:12:00 am »
Here's the one I submitted. I did use a handful of stock images to create this so it's not entirely original.
I actually quite like that. That could have easily been in the top 3.
If you compile it from stock images, that's ok. The #2 winner, literally took a stock image, put a GPD logo in the middle and submitted it.
#3 isn't far off.
Name's Kiera. Feel free to check out some of my projects.
https://djinny.imgur.com/

e114

« Reply #1983 on: March 15, 2018, 08:54:38 am »
WIN 2 Gamepad IC Firmware Update Notes

There are two versions.

Version 1.11, it is the default version. Mouse moves slowly in default, but faster than tested version. R2 is acceleration button. D-pad is WASD. ABXY are up, down, left and right button. Left joystick function is like mouse scroll wheel.

Version 1.18, it is designed for online games users. Mouse is accelerated in default. It will decelerate if press R2. Left joystick is set as WASD. The up and down buttons of D-pad are set ?scroll wheel?. However, the disadvantage is that the scrolling will fail if don?t press in place. The left and right buttons of D-pad are only given key-value coding, so do L3 and R3. Games players can use keypad modifier to set them. ABXY are still up, down, left and right button.

The download link:
https://mega.nz/#!N34VxD4S!8D9jpF-YBEqMFRAUr0cd2-zLPBeDMFr_KWSTrRKDaT0

Lazy Bunny

• My imgur stuff, including projects.
« Reply #1984 on: March 15, 2018, 06:08:02 pm »
I did pre-order the Win2, will it already be updated when it arrives?
Will we be able to customize our own controller firmware? like.. is it Arduino? I've had to program my own joystick and HID software before. " https://imgur.com/a/vtc5C "
So i'm comfortable doing this.
I'd be nice to customize the controls myself. :D Maybe some could even create an easy to use programmer tool that everyone could use.
Name's Kiera. Feel free to check out some of my projects.
https://djinny.imgur.com/

frikisama

« Reply #1985 on: March 16, 2018, 10:08:15 am »
I did pre-order the Win2, will it already be updated when it arrives?
Will we be able to customize our own controller firmware? like.. is it Arduino? I've had to program my own joystick and HID software before. " https://imgur.com/a/vtc5C "
So i'm comfortable doing this.
I'd be nice to customize the controls myself. :D Maybe some could even create an easy to use programmer tool that everyone could use.

From the experience on the Win1: no, source is not available. The only thing that could be possible, maybe, is hex editing the firmware itself, but that doesn't sound like much fun. I'd love linear analog mouse speed, for example, instead of a fixed one and a "turbo" button on the back, and I don't know if this is available already, but horizontal scrolling with the second joystick would be awesome and I guess not too much trouble for GPD to add (should basically be copy/paste and change the axis).

brandon916

« Reply #1986 on: March 18, 2018, 06:08:13 am »
Here's the one I submitted. I did use a handful of stock images to create this so it's not entirely original.
If you compile it from stock images, that's ok. The #2 winner, literally took a stock image, put a GPD logo in the middle and submitted it.
#3 isn't far off.

Hey thanks. Yeah, I was expecting the winners to be much better and more original. Almost makes me realize if this contest was even legit or just another way to hype their device?

SONY

« Reply #1987 on: March 18, 2018, 06:17:11 am »
#3 isn't far off.

Hey thanks. Yeah, I was expecting the winners to be much better and more original. Almost makes me realize if this contest was even legit or just another way to hype their device?

Did you read my post in the previous page of this thread?
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

Microsoft Surface GO w/ ipega PG-9023 (pending)

Apple iPad pro 2018 or 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

vcoleiro1

« Reply #1988 on: March 18, 2018, 07:11:16 am »
Made a little video showing Ubuntu 17.1 running on the GPD WIN 2

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZxJeepDpfo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZxJeepDpfo</a>

brandon916

« Reply #1989 on: March 19, 2018, 04:22:16 pm »
#3 isn't far off.

Did you read my post in the previous page of this thread?

I did. That's why I think you might be correct. Shame really.

ruthan

« Reply #1990 on: March 21, 2018, 09:51:18 pm »
What about vanilla Androidx86?

Lockian

« Reply #1991 on: March 24, 2018, 11:01:31 am »
Sounds like GPD won't start production until the 10th of April which makes me think they won't be getting anything out until May. What do think?

EDIT: Hmm, shipping date is May now. I thought at one time they were talking mid April. Oh well, just super eager to get my hands on one of these things.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 11:23:08 am by Lockian »

Derek712

« Reply #1992 on: March 24, 2018, 11:49:24 am »
Sounds like GPD won't start production until the 10th of April which makes me think they won't be getting anything out until May. What do think?

EDIT: Hmm, shipping date is May now. I thought at one time they were talking mid April. Oh well, just super eager to get my hands on one of these things.
Pretty sure it was always May.  They only mentioned end of April for the early orders, but I'm not counting on it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

e114

« Reply #1993 on: March 26, 2018, 10:34:04 am »
The Referral Contest Result

Dear Backers

Our referral contest has ended. Contest detail link:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-2-handheld-game-console-for-aaa-games-laptop/x/13166053#/updates/8

The following three participants won the big gifts.
1. Mr. KEIJI who referred 67 backers to contribute WIN 2 won a 512 GB SSD card.
2. Mr. SHINICHI who referred 28 backers to contribute WIN 2 won a 256 GB SSD card.
3. Mr. Jonathan who referred 18 backers to contribute WIN 2 won a 128GB Micro SD card.
Proposed by Wade, we will gift a 16GB U disk which is installed the WIN 2 firmware to each backer who participated this contest and referred at least one backer successfully.
All the gifts will be sent to backers with the GPD WIN 2 together.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-2-handheld-game-console-for-aaa-games-laptop/x/13166053#/updates/38

Cheer!

SONY

« Reply #1994 on: March 26, 2018, 11:19:43 am »
Fake!!
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

Microsoft Surface GO w/ ipega PG-9023 (pending)

Apple iPad pro 2018 or 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

Post a new topic