Author Topic: GPD WIN 2 Owners Discussion - Issues, Tips and Suggestions  (Read 5051 times)

addyb

Re: GPD WIN 2 Owners Discussion - Issues, Tips and Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 09:48:03 am »
I'm tempted to send my newly bought gpd XD+ back and pay the premium and get this. Before I take the plunge i was wondering if the psp and dolphin emulation would be better? I've of course got a huge backlog in my steam library as well.

skelton

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 10:33:39 am »
I doubt dolphin will work well in xd plus, at least not playable for me. On win 2 dolphin runs great. PPSSPP runs quite good on xd plus, but amazingly well on win 2. In my opinion once you try emulation and gaming on win 2 xd or xd plus seem a toy i comparison.
Retired

addyb

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 11:16:07 am »
I doubt dolphin will work well in xd plus, at least not playable for me. On win 2 dolphin runs great. PPSSPP runs quite good on xd plus, but amazingly well on win 2. In my opinion once you try emulation and gaming on win 2 xd or xd plus seem a toy i comparison.

Thanks. I think I'm swaying towards the gpd win2 then :)

shafqatazad

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 05:14:57 pm »
Anyone upgraded to 256gb or larger ssd yet

RupeeClock

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 06:57:24 pm »
My GPD Win 2 just shipped today and I'm not sure about the charging situation.
I'm fairly sure they're including a EU Plug with my order, and want to know if that would work with a EU to UK plug adapter?

I also would like to get a dedicated UK USB-PD charger for it and want recommendations of what I should or should not buy, since Power Delivery is quite new to me. I have a OnePlus 3T which has a similar "Dash Charging" adapter and cable, but that will probably not charge the Win 2.

shafqatazad

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 08:56:19 pm »
mine came with a EU plug but they included a UK adapter

RupeeClock

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 10:40:43 pm »
mine came with a EU plug but they included a UK adapter

Oh great, good to know, thanks.
Hopefully they got my message to include an EU charger, I sent it via direct message instead of commenting on the campaign.

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 10:57:54 pm »
Lot of people already did it on Reddit. Even 512GB SSD works great. It should be noted though that SSD adds some degrees to the temperature of Win2 innards, making it less stable on higher loads/TDP, but not warming the enclosure much (unless it's from Kingspec, of course). There are some tricks to lessen that heat emission. Probably everyone who want to upgrade to bigger SSD should order a metallic SSD coverplate from GPD store once it will be available (GPD already had announced they're going to sell it soon).

AVahne

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 12:50:18 am »
I really hope they design that properly. I don't want to risk shorting anything out just for better SSD cooling.

SONY

• !
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 12:57:15 am »
When I get mine, I wanna​ put a 2TB SSD in it.
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

ddevey56 (OP)

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2018, 02:21:49 am »
Some more info from the indiegogo campain. I haven't updated anything on mine yet, simply because it seems to be working well without it. I still get wifi disappearing quite regularly but it only ever happens from a cold boot not while I'm using it - so far at least. Restarting a couple of times usually fixes it. Hopefully this can be fixed with an update.

1. GPD WIN 2 Built-in Full-featured keyboard firmware
https://mega.nz/#!XwshwDDK!JN4yhOSSftGxoqM9cd84...
Description: The updated firmware cancels the keyboard wake up function, that means the  keyboard that comes with hibernation cannot wake the system, it needs to press the power button to wake up, this will not affect the self hall-wake.
This will repair the wake up issue which is caused by shaking or squeezing the device in the bag or pocket.

2. GPD WIN 2 Built-in gamepad firmware
https://mega.nz/#!f4sxxJ6T!qlz13KV8W8ykq7pRJHbt...
Description: This firmware will change the gamepad boundary value, provide a better experience when gamepad plays at 45 degrees.

shafqatazad

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2018, 09:53:00 am »
Lot of people already did it on Reddit. Even 512GB SSD works great. It should be noted though that SSD adds some degrees to the temperature of Win2 innards, making it less stable on higher loads/TDP, but not warming the enclosure much (unless it's from Kingspec, of course). There are some tricks to lessen that heat emission. Probably everyone who want to upgrade to bigger SSD should order a metallic SSD coverplate from GPD store once it will be available (GPD already had announced they're going to sell it soon).
I seen a ZTC 256gb ssd, anyone had any experience with it. also seen the the Kingspec 512gb going cheap on ebay, but after seeing The Phawx review on it, going to avoid it. If anyone has seen a good price 256gb or 512gb drive let me know.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:55:50 am by shafqatazad »

ruthan

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 08:47:19 pm »

Lazy Bunny

• My imgur stuff, including projects.
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 08:22:39 am »
Ruthan, no. That SSD will NOT work. It's an NVME SSD, and these nvme drives don't have SATA controllers.
The win2 uses SATA3 over M.2, not PCI-E which NVME uses.
Name's Kiera. Feel free to check out some of my projects.
https://djinny.imgur.com/

shafqatazad

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 11:19:38 am »
How to I save my info in GPD WIN 2 Game Compatibility Testing Sheet, tested batman arkham city, Mini ninja, deathspank
 & Lost  planet 1,

Post a new topic
Post a new topic