Author Topic: GPD Win 2 Big problems with build quality.  (Read 539 times)

Radioboy86 (OP)

Re: GPD Win 2 Big problems with build quality.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 07:53:36 pm »
It is not just EBAY, the issue with the buttons is in all units. Many people have yet to notice unless they play really specific games like Contra/Mario. When you need both buttons held down to run and jump and etc... Sadly I played with my Win 1 and the controls are just worlds and worlds better. The dpad is better too. GPD also used the XD dpad on the Win 2 and that was also a mistake... They should have used the z8700 revision/z8750 Win 1 dpad and buttons! Fools!

MOFO

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 09:12:27 pm »
Did not know the problems were that wide spread, its also another reason why I refuse to pay so much money for a Win 2.
Love the idea but not at that price.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:14:04 pm by MOFO »

Radioboy86 (OP)

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 09:15:14 pm »
People are not noticing... If you play Fallout 4 or some modern game... you will not notice the ABXY buttons. Those games do not operate the same way as the older games like Contra/Mario... Sadly I only play those... So this is a waste for me... I asked GPD to repair my unit and replace the GPD Win 2 silcon/pads/ABXY buttons with the GPD Win 1 unit's. I tried the GPD Win 1 buttons and they are WORLDS better and fit fine.

We will see if they take me serious... I am not happy. I own X2 GPD Win 1 units, and 2 XD units... I am done after this.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:16:54 pm by Radioboy86 »

AVahne

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 03:24:44 am »
Seems like you've had rotten luck. I've seen others take their units apart with no problems and my own unit has had no issues so far. I haven't taken it apart yet, but from what I feel of the unit so far it's built well.

If I cannot even play Super Mario World as effectively as my JXD S7800B or GPD XD / GPD Win 1... How the heck can I justify spending more money and time buying a THIRD GPD Win 2 unit?! You guys need to beware! Many sellers on EBAY selling their GPD Win 2 units are doing so ONLY because of this BUTTON issue... Multiple buttons being pressed down will lock and cause a grinding/cracking/rubbing sound against the unit's shell and holes where the buttons protrude. Seems the ABXY buttons are nothing like the shape of the old Win 1 unit and they are taller and uneven causing this issue... Such crap...  The A/B Buttons are the worst with this issue. The X/Y buttons are not that affected.

I bought 2 units and had thought about buying a THIRD in hopes of getting a proper one... I even bought one that seemed to be taken apart and modified... Now I see why the previous owner tried to modify it... He was trying to fix the DPAD and BUTTONS... This is not worth time and hassle if you play older games that need multiple buttons pressed at once... Games like Mario/Contra will suck and not be playable as they should be! Just a heads up guys.
Yeah, I wouldn't buy Chinese devices like this off eBay unless it's mega rare or something (like an iPega PG-9501, anyone have one of those?). Anyway, I've no issue with my unit's ABXY buttons at all. They're not uneven, and they're not poorly cast either. All the tolerances on my buttons are perfect and I have no issue playing classic Mario games with these buttons. You seem to have been unfortunate enough to receive only units from some bad batch that they made at some point.
That said, I do have issue with the DPad for Mario games, but that's the same issue with all of GPD's current products. I'll likely replace the membrane and the actual d-pad once people figure out the perfect replacement combo, like how a good replacement for the Win 1's dpad is the Wiimote membrane with the 3DS XL dpad.
Either way, I barely play any dpad intensive games anyway, so I'm not exactly in a rush.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:29:25 am by AVahne »

Radioboy86 (OP)

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 03:29:19 am »
DO NOT TAKE YOUR GPD WIN APART! YOU WILL BREAK IT AND NEVER BE ABLE TO REASSEMBLE IT! TRUST ME. THE PLASTIC BREAKS AND THE MOUNTS WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO PUT THE UNIT BACK TOGETHER.

Changing the DPAD and BUTTONS requires DEEP removal of all PCB/boards and parts... BEWARE! The plastic mounts and gold/rings that lock the screws in BREAK when doing this... The unit will not reassemble properly after.

Radioboy86 (OP)

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 03:32:13 am »
iPega PG-9501 was not that good, bad quality and the screen was terrible. RK3188 is old now too... The only RK3188 device to own is the JXD S7800B + CFW/Rom installed.

Radioboy86 (OP)

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 03:33:58 am »

Yeah, I wouldn't buy Chinese devices like this off eBay unless it's mega rare or something (like an iPega PG-9501, anyone have one of those?). Anyway, I've no issue with my unit's ABXY buttons at all. They're not uneven, and they're not poorly cast either. All the tolerances on my buttons are perfect and I have no issue playing classic Mario games with these buttons. You seem to have been unfortunate enough to receive only units from some bad batch that they made at some point.

You are one of the lucky people that have better GPD Win 2 buttons apparently. I have counted at least 10 people that confirm my findings about the hard CLICK/GRIND sound that happens when both A/B are pressed together and other buttons are pressed all at once.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:40:44 am by Radioboy86 »

AVahne

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 03:41:42 am »
iPega PG-9501 was not that good, bad quality and the screen was terrible. RK3188 is old now too... The only RK3188 device to own is the JXD S7800B + CFW/Rom installed.
lol oh I know, it's just I like owning some terrible things. The iPega is a curious device compared to every other Chinese Android handheld, which I why I want one.

AVahne

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 03:42:39 am »

You are one of the lucky people that have better GPD Win 2 buttons apparently. I have counted at least 10 people that confirm my findings about the hard CLICK/GRIND sound that happens when both A/B are pressed together and other buttons are pressed all at once.

Maybe all my bitching and complaining in the IGG comments prompted them to give me a good unit so that I would shut up?

Radioboy86 (OP)

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 04:35:06 am »
The need to address this and fix the buttons for good.