• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD Win 1 in 2020  (Read 2576 times)

TheUltimateMan (OP)

GPD Win 1 in 2020
« on: November 25, 2020, 12:26:30 am »
There is a WIN 1 available in my area for $200.

I've always thought it was an interesting looking device, and randomly finding one for this price seems like a good deal?  I was wondering if the people who own one still think it's worth it in 2020??

If not, what are some other options to consider?

kendyzhu777

Re: GPD Win 1 in 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 07:46:22 am »
Win1 can afford simple old games, so if you are just play old games then I think it's worth

exorio

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 09:07:59 am »
There is a WIN 1 available in my area for $200.

I've always thought it was an interesting looking device, and randomly finding one for this price seems like a good deal?  I was wondering if the people who own one still think it's worth it in 2020??

If not, what are some other options to consider?

the battery is the one you need to mind about. It's really hard to find, and even if you can find one + shipping cost more than hundreds of dollars.

I personally love my win 1 and most likely will use it even today, if the battery isn't failing.

If you're into older PC exclusives, want to play them on the go, or you're a very mobile person and need to do your work everywhere, yeah why not. It's very capable up to Skyrim and Street Fighter IV. With more work (game tweaks, mods, etc) it can even run GTA V and some recent games comfortably.

But if you're just want to play games and into more modern games, get a switch instead.

Alien Grey

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 09:56:20 am »
the battery is the one you need to mind about. It's really hard to find, and even if you can find one + shipping cost more than hundreds of dollars.

I personally love my win 1 and most likely will use it even today, if the battery isn't failing.

If you're into older PC exclusives, want to play them on the go, or you're a very mobile person and need to do your work everywhere, yeah why not. It's very capable up to Skyrim and Street Fighter IV. With more work (game tweaks, mods, etc) it can even run GTA V and some recent games comfortably.

But if you're just want to play games and into more modern games, get a switch instead.

That's no longer an issue. Look for Hexunbaba Store on Aliexpress. They sell GPD Win compatible batteries that are as good if not better (time will tell) than the original battery. Has cost me $16 plus shipping to Belgium.

I still like the GPD Win because ir's the smallest device. It might not be very powerful but it does run PSX games with DuckStation very well and that's the PSX emulator you wan't to use. Great perfomance and has every hack available to make it look really nice on modern screens. It think it's based on Mednafen PSX and has DX11 support with shaders.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

exorio

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 07:59:04 am »

That's no longer an issue. Look for Hexunbaba Store on Aliexpress. They sell GPD Win compatible batteries that are as good if not better (time will tell) than the original battery. Has cost me $16 plus shipping to Belgium.

I still like the GPD Win because ir's the smallest device. It might not be very powerful but it does run PSX games with DuckStation very well and that's the PSX emulator you wan't to use. Great perfomance and has every hack available to make it look really nice on modern screens. It think it's based on Mednafen PSX and has DX11 support with shaders.

Post a link please? Thanks in advance!

I desperately need a new battery.

Alien Grey

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 10:22:57 am »
Posting a link doesn't work. It always goes back to the Aliexpress home page.

If you can find the Hexunbaba store on Aliexpress search for "8448104". This gives me the link to the battery. It's also possible that other stores sell the same GPD Win compatible battery on Aliexpress because it's actually rated at 6700mAh but mine goes over 7000mAh after charging it a few times.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

exorio

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 12:59:36 pm »
Posting a link doesn't work. It always goes back to the Aliexpress home page.

If you can find the Hexunbaba store on Aliexpress search for "8448104". This gives me the link to the battery. It's also possible that other stores sell the same GPD Win compatible battery on Aliexpress because it's actually rated at 6700mAh but mine goes over 7000mAh after charging it a few times.

this one?

I thought liter was bad, from the discussions on the other thread

BTW the battery itself only priced at $10 while the shipping fee to my country is 50 bucks (DHL)

Dang it.

Well might just as well buy couple of them then.

Alien Grey

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 02:08:50 pm »
Not the Liter Energy battery. They aren't good enough for the GPD Win.

This is the one you should look for.

Try with right clicking on the picture and look if you can search for it with Google. Maybe Google can help you find the product page for this battery. This can be done with Google Chrome but that also works with Edge to search for it on the web.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:40:56 pm by Alien Grey »

exorio

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 06:21:06 am »

Try with right clicking on the picture and look if you can search for it with Google. Maybe Google can help you find the product page for this battery. This can be done with Google Chrome but that also works with Edge to search for it on the web.

finally found the product frontpage

but they don't ship to my country

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32274440377.html

I'll probably gamble with some other compatible batteries that do really ship here.

At this point I just don't care.

Here's another one I found that is not Liter

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000387084257.html
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:24:05 am by exorio »

Alien Grey

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2020, 09:49:56 am »
Same issue. The link doesn't work and opens the Aliexpress home page.  ???

Maybe try the same thing I did and post the picture link so we can search for the product page and let us know if it's a good replacement battery after going through a few charges.  ;)

exorio

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 06:07:27 am »
Same issue. The link doesn't work and opens the Aliexpress home page.  ???

Maybe try the same thing I did and post the picture link so we can search for the product page and let us know if it's a good replacement battery after going through a few charges.  ;)

There's no brand or markings on the battery

it just said "YDLBAT battery For GPD WIN"

And now the storefront said it don't ship to my country

sigh.

Alien Grey

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 12:40:38 pm »
Where do you live? Maybe Lithium batteries can't be shipped to your country.

Maniac

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2021, 08:04:31 pm »

finally found the product frontpage

but they don't ship to my country

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32274440377.html

I'll probably gamble with some other compatible batteries that do really ship here.

At this point I just don't care.

Here's another one I found that is not Liter

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000387084257.html

Thanks for the link. I think the battery started swelling on my Win 1, so I'm grabbing one of these.

Post a new topic