Author Topic: GPD Pocket product image  (Read 3494 times)

e114 (OP)

GPD Pocket product image
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:18:41 am »

zdanee

Re: GPD Pocket product image
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:35:13 am »
There are some real pictures here, but most of them are obvious Photoshop.
Cube i7 Stylus + GPD Win

Deen0X

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 11:06:50 pm »
this is like a Gole 1, but in 7", and with a keyboard.

i expected something more thin...

cmvrgr

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 11:39:38 pm »
The device is thick. You can have better CPU that an intel ATOM.

It needs more powerful CPU/GPU for all of users that they need in a super small form factor device to run Autocad, photoshop and many other heavy Apps. The 7? screen will help running cad and working easier with the 7? screen vs 5.5? of GPD WIN.

We can have 2 versions. One with atom cpu for light usage and once with a proper intel I5 CPU. There are a lot of business users that they are willing to pay more for a i5 device than atom in that tiny body.

You will see that if it will be equiped with a better cpu it will sell also more not only to business users but also  to gamers that the 5.5? screen of GPD WIN is very small for many games that have plenty of text and they require a faster CPU. I know GPD is not experienced on non mobile chipsets but this will make the difference !

I know is not an easy task but from photos and rendering the chassis is big and has the room to accommodate the faster cpu. This forum asks for our opinion buyers of GPD products and now GPD with that product touches business territory not only games and some users should change their way of thinking for that specific device.

I bought GPD win primary for Business usage and as a UMPC user to replace my vilin N5 and I am serving the Computing industry for more that 25 years.

I want to help as far as I can GPD because they gave hope to all of us business users to have a tiny windows based pc in our pocket.

I hope that GPD can benefit from many opinions for professional users not only gamers.

The i5/i7 version it will have less endurance and it needs at minimum double the capacity. Maybe they will have to make it a bit thicker. WIth the same battery the atom version will have almost the double endurance but 1/3 to 1/4 of performance.

If they use Kaby Lake the Intel? Core? i7-7Y75 Processor is in 4.5w is not very far away from Atom (the Intel? Core? i7-7600U at 15w is but will have real performance for every task).

The i5 - i7 mobile cpu devices will have as disadvantage that they can not powered by a phones charger and powerbank but this is the only real disadvantage.

I hope that GPD to discuss it more with all of us before proceding with a device that will not be as succesfull as GPD Win (cause is the only in the market that cover light gamers and UMPC users).

Or can use a AMD Embedded R-Series RX-421BD Radeon R7 solution with a faster embedded chipset that outperforms all i5/i7 U (dual core CPUS/GPUS)...

Gfxbench comparison
UMPC Devices or Small Sized Windows Computer: Gigabyte M704, OQO, Viliv N5, GPD WIN

e114 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 08:33:33 am »
The device is thick. You can have better CPU that an intel ATOM.

It needs more powerful CPU/GPU for all of users that they need in a super small form factor device to run Autocad, photoshop and many other heavy Apps. The 7? screen will help running cad and working easier with the 7? screen vs 5.5? of GPD WIN.

We can have 2 versions. One with atom cpu for light usage and once with a proper intel I5 CPU. There are a lot of business users that they are willing to pay more for a i5 device than atom in that tiny body.

You will see that if it will be equiped with a better cpu it will sell also more not only to business users but also  to gamers that the 5.5? screen of GPD WIN is very small for many games that have plenty of text and they require a faster CPU. I know GPD is not experienced on non mobile chipsets but this will make the difference !

I know is not an easy task but from photos and rendering the chassis is big and has the room to accommodate the faster cpu. This forum asks for our opinion buyers of GPD products and now GPD with that product touches business territory not only games and some users should change their way of thinking for that specific device.

I bought GPD win primary for Business usage and as a UMPC user to replace my vilin N5 and I am serving the Computing industry for more that 25 years.

I want to help as far as I can GPD because they gave hope to all of us business users to have a tiny windows based pc in our pocket.

I hope that GPD can benefit from many opinions for professional users not only gamers.

The i5/i7 version it will have less endurance and it needs at minimum double the capacity. Maybe they will have to make it a bit thicker. WIth the same battery the atom version will have almost the double endurance but 1/3 to 1/4 of performance.

If they use Kaby Lake the Intel? Core? i7-7Y75 Processor is in 4.5w is not very far away from Atom (the Intel? Core? i7-7600U at 15w is but will have real performance for every task).

The i5 - i7 mobile cpu devices will have as disadvantage that they can not powered by a phones charger and powerbank but this is the only real disadvantage.

I hope that GPD to discuss it more with all of us before proceding with a device that will not be as succesfull as GPD Win (cause is the only in the market that cover light gamers and UMPC users).

Or can use a AMD Embedded R-Series RX-421BD Radeon R7 solution with a faster embedded chipset that outperforms all i5/i7 U (dual core CPUS/GPUS)...

Gfxbench comparison

We have only to consider the m3-6y30 or m3-7y30, But wait until the next generation.

Post a new topic