Author Topic: Are you going to buy a GPD Win 2?  (Read 9156 times)

Alien Grey

Re: Are you going to buy a GPD Win 2?
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2018, 07:05:16 pm »
My point is that we don't need any app to keep our MiicroSD card running with a PSP or Dingoo. GPD Keep A Live does it's job but we shouldn't need it to keep our MicroSD running. I've got no problems with power saving options if there's a way to disable them but that doesn't seem to be possible with Windows 10 X64.

I'm still struggling to get the PSX game Tomb Raider running without issues on my GPD Win. A gmae that runs perfectly fine on my good old PSP. It's because of trying to run this game without issues that I discopverd how bad it is. The same goes for ScummVM. I tested one game for the new release to find the bugs so developers could fix them. there was one issue that I mentioned after completing and testing the game. The sometimes slow response time but now I know it's just because of running it from my 150 Euro MicroSD card on my GPD Win.  :(

It isn't the high price that bothers me the most for the GPD Win 2. It is not knowing if all these compatibility issues that bother me are going to be fixed. My guess is that they won't. I won't spend so much money on a GPD Win 2 just to try and find out.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

skelton

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2018, 07:21:33 pm »
As far as I know the phawx has not reported any issues regarding microSD.

For PSX I just tomb raider just fine with epsxe, even with openGL plugin and 720p resolution. No idea about scumm, I don't use it.
Retired

Alien Grey

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2018, 06:50:24 am »
I've tried ePSXe with Tomb Raider and it doesn't play the CDDA tracks while playing the game and the game freezes at the end of the level so I can't save the game. I also tried PCSX-R but after some time playing the game the game also freezes when pressing the select or start button. I've tried using different plugins but it didn't make any difference.  ???
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

skelton

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2018, 08:15:08 am »
Probably your iso
Retired

Alien Grey

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2018, 02:43:25 pm »
It isn't the the game image. It's made from the original game disc and works perfectly fine on my PSP as I finished the game without problems on it. The same thing happens with Tomb Raider 2 and that's also a game image made from the original game disc.

I'm using ePSXe V2.0.5 and an updated PCSX-R (with fixes and new features). The updated PCSX-R can be downloaded here: http://www.emucr.com/2017/10/pcsx-reloaded-git-20171013.html

skelton

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2018, 02:49:55 pm »

Well, I only tell my experience, I have never had issues with those games using epsxe or psxfin. Those games are in Pc too as far a I remember so maybe it's just easier to play the Pc versions?
Retired

tattwah

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2018, 11:18:33 am »
Buy it, because there are no alternative system maker who produce these kind of niche device.

Buy it, because it will be actually something i will play.

However, portable comes at a high cost. ;D

So, for future products, GPD will have to convince me by what it can do

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2018, 11:38:40 am »
In case if you're not the stranger to marvellous GOG.com, I've created a Win 2 thread on its forums (both in English and Russian sections), so welcome to the international popularization of GPD Win 2, comrades :D.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gpd_win_2_are_you_going_to_embrace_this_portable_beast/page1
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_ru/gpd_win_2_are_you_going_to_embrace_this_portable_beast/page1

ruthan

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2018, 12:28:31 pm »
In case if you're not the stranger to marvellous GOG.com, I've created a Win 2 thread on its forums (both in English and Russian sections), so welcome to the international popularization of GPD Win 2, comrades :D.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gpd_win_2_are_you_going_to_embrace_this_portable_beast/page1
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_ru/gpd_win_2_are_you_going_to_embrace_this_portable_beast/page1

I think that GPD could try make some GOG deal for GPD Win 2, Gog site would be best for GPD target group advertising.

tattwah

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2018, 12:34:14 pm »
Or a GOG list.

Hunam

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2018, 02:22:23 pm »
I'm only gonna buy the $500 "test" unit if I luck out or $600 retail version when it's out. Anything above $600 is just not worth it for me. I might settle for a used unit if it's $550 and below.

jono.brain

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2018, 02:30:57 pm »
Got to admit. I'm most interested in playing old classics from GOG than the latest games poor resolution when I get mine

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RupeeClock

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2018, 07:30:14 pm »
I decided to take the plunge and try backing the Indiegogo campaign.
I've been interested in GPD devices for a while, and seeing more of the Win 2 in action I'm just more and more into it as a hobby kit and all sorts, even with the $650 early-backer pricetag.

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2018, 02:14:22 am »
Only 5 $649 single units left at Indiegogo... Hurry up, guys.

UPD. And they just had unveiled another batch of $649 perk, 300 units :D.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:02:11 am by Drem »

Willburn

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2018, 08:27:16 am »
Only 5 $649 single units left at Indiegogo... Hurry up, guys.

UPD. And they just had unveiled another batch of $649 perk, 300 units :D.

Very obvious approach to artificial scarcity. And it works too, those last couple of units in the first 500 batch went out like hotcakes.  ;D

Post a new topic
Post a new topic