Author Topic: Any tweaks for Telltale's Walking Dead Final season on Win 1  (Read 214 times)

votemarvel (OP)

Any tweaks for Telltale's Walking Dead Final season on Win 1
« on: November 02, 2018, 04:24:16 am »
I confess I bought the GPD Win 1 for the express purpose of playing all of Telltale's Walking Dead games on the go. Yes I know I should have gone for the Win 2 but I got a great deal on the Win 1, with a 128gb SDCard, for just ?100 (around $130 USD).

The problem is that even with the lowest resolution with the game settings on Low, the Final Season of the Walking Dead is just on the wrong side of playable.

Does anyone know of any config tweaks to get a little more performance from the game? I've tried searching google but only get results for the game on the Win 2 with no tweaks.

Sonysandy

Re: Any tweaks for Telltale's Walking Dead Final season on Win 1
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 02:08:55 pm »
Following.....

I too picked up a Win 1 a week or two ago for ?118 and working through season 2 (again having played on Vita originally) before final season.

Win 1 is a pretty decent huh!   I used it to remote play RDR2 on my XBone the other week and it was playable.

votemarvel (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 01:55:40 am »
It's a great system and proves useful when I am away for work as a general laptop. Bluetooth keyboard and a HDMI cable and the TV becomes a monitor.

It's just a shame that the Final Season is just a touch too slow.

Sonysandy

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 02:08:30 pm »
Have you tried locking CPU to stop turbo so the GPU can cope better.

votemarvel (OP)

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 02:46:59 am »
I haven't. I'm not sure how to do something like that on the Win.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic