Author Topic: Android for GPD Win & Pocket  (Read 2997 times)

ruthan

Re: Android for GPD Win
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 01:01:14 am »
After booting into Android a few times, my GPD won't boot into windows anymore. I get a recovery problem. Have tried nearly everything to fix boot. This might have caused me to have to reinstall windows. Next time I will NOT use grub2win.

You did something wrong, with partition setup, UEFI settings or Grub settings.. But without specific error message or logs, video, pictures.. nobody can help you..

Pintek

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 05:51:02 pm »
Anyone found a way to get tincore to work correctly it stopped an now all the joystick inputs act like a mouse that doesn't move around correctly

Coldbird (OP)

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 08:35:52 pm »
A new build has been made available over at www.black-seraph.com.
It updates the system to Android Oreo, brings built-in Magisk, countless bug fixes, etc.

@Pintek: Tincore fucks up for me as well, but Game Controller 2 Touch Pro works great though.

Pintek

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2018, 05:03:24 am »
Been trying to find something like tincore I think I ended up with gamekeyboard but it wasn't working right either.
Want to use my gpd win as a controller for my kyosho iReceiver which works fine with the touch controls but I'd love to use the hardware controls for it.

On that note though think you can setup a picture based guide or a little step by step video on how to configure the app and get it running?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:20:13 pm by Pintek »

roneyizpie

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 04:46:35 pm »
A new build has been made available over at www.black-seraph.com.
It updates the system to Android Oreo, brings built-in Magisk, countless bug fixes, etc.

@Pintek: Tincore fucks up for me as well, but Game Controller 2 Touch Pro works great though.

Is it worth paying for it or should I wait the month for it to be available?

Coldbird (OP)

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 01:33:46 am »
If you can, yes. The build runs great, and IMO its definitely worth it but I wouldn't join a Patreon unless I intend to support a developer for a longer period of time. It's a platform meant to foster continuous developments after all.

If in doubt, I'd just wait and try it once it's public.
You can always join the Patreon then if you deem the product good enough and want it to stay maintained for a long time.

Pintek

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 03:14:22 am »
Been messing with the latest build sofar its rocking just wish the gamepad 2 touch worked a little more smoothly for analog when I let go of the sticks or move in the oposite direction it snaps back to the center of the virtual touch where tincore would be smooth the entire time @[email protected]

also when screen goes dark the fan is still running.. no sure how that was managed. closing the lid also you will still hear the fan running so i'm guessing somehow the display is off but the part that feeds the fan circuit is left live

Coldbird (OP)

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 02:22:50 pm »
The gamepad mapper worked fine for me so far.
What's wrong with it "snapping back to the center"? Isn't that what a modern analog stick should do?

Also, a new build got posted on Patreon which now supports Moonlight game streaming.

roneyizpie

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2018, 01:39:51 pm »
Despite being tech savvy, I'm not sure what they mean by "read-write enabled /system partitions won?t boot"

Does this mean that I'm unable to write to Android? I'm ready to start supporting them, I just wanna make sure that I won't lose progress every time I reboot.

Pintek

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 05:08:20 pm »
Well part of the issue with gamepad 2 touch is just that when I want to use the kyosho ireciever app with it I kinda need to be able to throttle up an down or fine adjust my steering an with the gp2touch app it makes it smooth for going to the setting but if you want to throttle back its a nope an goes right to dead center x.x

Coldbird (OP)

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 05:06:56 pm »
Despite being tech savvy, I'm not sure what they mean by "read-write enabled /system partitions won?t boot"

Does this mean that I'm unable to write to Android? I'm ready to start supporting them, I just wanna make sure that I won't lose progress every time I reboot.
It just means you need to say "No" when the installer asks you whether you want a read-write system partition.
It has no negative effect on the running system. It will work like any other android device.

Also, as a small note on the side, the newest build now supports the GPD Pocket's fan controller.

Smoker1

Re: Android for GPD Win & Pocket
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 01:09:01 am »
Nox runs pretty good on mine. Only problem is, Controls are only D-Input, and no Bluetooth.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic