Author Topic: XD vs XD+ screen difference.  (Read 817 times)

foxsevent (OP)

XD vs XD+ screen difference.
« on: January 14, 2019, 08:30:54 pm »
Does the XD+ uses a different lcd panel? The screen definitely looks different.
On a regular XD i have my brightness set to 100%, auto brightness is off and it's almost the same as my smartphone 75% screen brightness.

On my XD+ at 100% brightness is around 50% on my smartphone, so it's a huge difference.
Also it maybe just me the screen seems to have a very light blue tint to it, thou this may be just me.

Any clues? I have installed clean rom from Black Seraph.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
Re: XD vs XD+ screen difference.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:14:11 pm »
I sell the screens separately along with XD+ units in my shop. Unless GPD changed the lcd, which I doubt, I believe that the screens are identical.

foxsevent (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:06:36 pm »
You sure about that? It maybe hard to tell on a photo but there is a difference, thou as i said it maybe difference in tint/contrast ect.
Sadly in CleanRom the option to adjust said setting seems to be removed.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 04:26:17 am »
XD and XD+ have different screens and different screen cables.

foxsevent (OP)

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 11:45:57 am »
XD and XD+ have different screens and different screen cables.

Do you know any details thou? Like which one is better, which is IPS or TN panel etc.
I'm just confused by the brightness difference.

violetskunk

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 02:11:59 am »
Oh god thank goodness I am not the only person to notice this.

XD on the left, XD Plus on the right.

Frankly, the blue tint is SO offputting that I couldn't stand the XD Plus and returned it.

Is there any fix? Anyone know?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 02:15:19 am by violetskunk »

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 12:34:13 am »
There's an app included for mtk devices called MiraVision, it helps to enhance colors. Someone should put some pictures comparing the miravision modes so we could know if would help to reduce the bluish aspect. You can notice the difference between a xperia play, original gpd xd, gpd xd plus and a galaxy note 4. Even though the original xd won't have the same white level it's still way better than the plus:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gpdxd/comments/8gxlwg/xd_bluish_display_compared_to_other_displays/

foxsevent (OP)

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 09:09:57 pm »
There's an app included for mtk devices called MiraVision, it helps to enhance colors. Someone should put some pictures comparing the miravision modes so we could know if would help to reduce the bluish aspect. You can notice the difference between a xperia play, original gpd xd, gpd xd plus and a galaxy note 4. Even though the original xd won't have the same white level it's still way better than the plus:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gpdxd/comments/8gxlwg/xd_bluish_display_compared_to_other_displays/

I've actually spoken about this with Black Seraph dev of clean rom for the XD+ as this option is gone in the clean rom.
He said that he'll look into this, if you ask me it is an useful option to have, you can enable a dynamic contrast which makes the screen look brighter or change colour temp of the screen.
I think that's actually the problem, the screen is just by default set to cold blue temp.

Post a new topic