Author Topic: Which console do I buy?  (Read 525 times)

Pokarface (OP)

Which console do I buy?
« on: August 04, 2018, 03:51:46 am »
Hi, I want to play Dreamcast on a mobile and feel a smooth experience since that's a console I never owned. Do I buy a GPD XD with LegacyRom, GPD XD+, Ps Vita, or something else? (I don't want to use my laptop, it's too heavy to carry around).
I would also like to know which console has a Dpad that will allow me to play fighting games and not feel too slow. I haven't seen anything noticeably better between GPD XD with legacy rom and GPD XD+ on YouTube, and even the Bluetooth support has an alternative on GPD XD
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076B995TL
Maybe the advantage is that one overheats and the other doesn't and PSP games?

Money is not issue, it's more important to have an enjoyable gaming experience. I'm tempted to buy the GPD XD Win 1if I can use it for work as well
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:24:23 am by Pokarface »

SONY

Re: Which console do I buy?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 04:58:59 am »
Go with GPD Win 2.
It's the ultimate option, you won't regret it. It can do everything and play everything!
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

Microsoft Surface GO w/ ipega PG-9023 (pending)

Apple iPad pro 2018 or 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 09:43:09 am »
Money is not issue

I would have to agree with sony then.

Hobberest

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:48:27 am »
Go with GPD Win 2.
It's the ultimate option, you won't regret it. It can do everything and play everything!
But what's using the gamepad like? I considered the Win before I settled on the XD, and a big reason for going with XD was that the Win just looks uncomfortable. What with the d-pad to the right of the thumbstick, and a big keyboard in the middle that I feel like you'd accidentally press all the time with the fleshy parts of your hands under your thumbs.

It's too bad they're not available in brick and mortar stores, I'd love to hold one in my hands and try it out for myself.

Jim Goose

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 12:01:48 am »
I have a Win 1. The keyboard is very solid, you literally have to press it down. Just casually touching it will do nothing.
Handheld Collection:

PocketC.H.I.P.
GPD WIN 1
RS-97

Hobberest

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 08:18:39 pm »
I have a Win 1. The keyboard is very solid, you literally have to press it down. Just casually touching it will do nothing.
That's good to hear. What about the d-pad placement? Is it awkward to use? I feel like it being placed to the right of the analog stick means you'd have to stretch your thumb uncomfortably to use it. Is that not the case?

SONY

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 12:34:41 am »
That's good to hear. What about the d-pad placement? Is it awkward to use? I feel like it being placed to the right of the analog stick means you'd have to stretch your thumb uncomfortably to use it. Is that not the case?

I think you're getting confused between Win 1 and Win 2.

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

Pleng

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 03:15:59 am »
Oh my lord, who on *earth* decided on that gamepad layout for the Win2?!

SONY

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 03:47:45 am »
It's shit as fuck, especially if you have tiny hands.

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

skelton

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 09:55:21 am »
I don't have any issues with the Gamepad layout on win 2. I had my doubts at the beginning, but i play completely fine.
Retired

Post a new topic