• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Where can I find GPD XD+ LCD replacement?  (Read 1371 times)

Caligula (OP)

Where can I find GPD XD+ LCD replacement?
« on: September 24, 2018, 10:27:28 am »
I've recently bought a GPD XD+ and the LCD is now burnt. "How was that possible?" , you may ask.

Well, I think it has to do with a CPU/GPU or firmware problem.

All I wanted was to test the stock emulators, just to see what the device is capable of. SNES run with no problems as expected. This was not the case with the more demanding emulators, like Dreamcast and N64. It froze mid-game in three consecutive instances. When the last freeze occurred, in the WWE game from the Dreamcast, I proceeded the same as in the other cases: a hard, long press on the power button until the screen was off. I closed the lid and put it in a drawer for future troubleshooting. 

A couple of days later I got it out of the drawer. The screen was off. As soon as I pressed the power button there it was, along with the GPD logo: a perfectly visible screenshot of the WWE game. ...Along with some nasty screen flickering, of course.

Fortunately I've got this from a company whose representative is part of this community and, most importantly, it is not a controversial figure. Micomputer, to be more precise. I wrote them during the weekend and I expect a response during the next couple of days. If anyone is interested I could keep you updated.

The interesting thing is I've searched the internet without success for a LCD replacement. I found some GPD XD screens, but I'm not interested in those for obvious reasons.

OK, I get the battery thing in GPD Win 1+2 (good luck finding those anytime soon!), but for this device I was expecting an abundance of spare parts. Especially such obvious one, like a f*ing LCD Screen.

Web8bits

• GPD, JXD and Hyperkin distributor in Spain
Re: Where can I find GPD XD+ LCD replacement?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 06:48:27 pm »
Fortunately I've got this from a company whose representative is part of this community and, most importantly, it is not a controversial figure. Micomputer, to be more precise. I wrote them during the weekend and I expect a response during the next couple of days. If anyone is interested I could keep you updated.

Hi

We didn't receive any mail from you about this matter. Can you, please, resend it agan or send us a PM here?

Regards

Caligula (OP)

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 07:09:31 pm »
Hi, Web8bits!

I wrote the message in the GPD XD+ order, in my orders history.

A partial copy/paste goes like this:

"Hi,

Unfortunately my GPD XD+ got broken soon after being received.

The product looked good when I receveid it. Next few days I tested the stock emulators, other than the Snes one. During the tests the games froze three times in a row. I powered off the console from the button and closed the lid. My intention was to change the firmware with a custom one this weekend. This morning, when I powered off the console I saw that the screen is heavily damaged (screen burn and flickering).

Please let me know what can be done in such a case.

Thank you,
My real name"

MJPIA

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 12:50:37 am »
It is likely more do to how the XD+ is relatively new.
I have a handful of XD+ lcd's for my US based parts store but most screen issues are covered by GPD's or the distributors warranty outside of doing something like dropping it and shattering the screen so I don't have them listed currently nor keep a very large supply of lcd's hand as they are pricy compared to most spare parts GPD offers.   
Either way I'm sure you'll be taken care of. 

Web8bits

• GPD, JXD and Hyperkin distributor in Spain
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 08:40:31 am »
Hi, Web8bits!

I wrote the message in the GPD XD+ order, in my orders history.

A partial copy/paste goes like this:

"Hi,

Unfortunately my GPD XD+ got broken soon after being received.

The product looked good when I receveid it. Next few days I tested the stock emulators, other than the Snes one. During the tests the games froze three times in a row. I powered off the console from the button and closed the lid. My intention was to change the firmware with a custom one this weekend. This morning, when I powered off the console I saw that the screen is heavily damaged (screen burn and flickering).

Please let me know what can be done in such a case.

Thank you,
My real name"

Hi, PM sent

Regards

Post a new topic