Author Topic: The latest firmware of GPD game console  (Read 81840 times)

beldandy561

Re: The latest firmware of GPD game console
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2016, 12:06:36 am »
Well I went ahead and upgraded to 3.4.5, decently happy with it, but I have uninstalled Happy chick as it was eating up a lot of ram and was causing my unit to act very jittery, even after a complete shutdown and reboot.  After uninstalling it things are back to normal and doing fine.

funregis

« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2016, 08:32:01 pm »
The 3.4.7 firmware is out. Someone can downoad it from baidu and share it elsewhere ?

shinkamui

« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2016, 11:41:10 pm »
Can someone post a link to the Changelog or post the Changelog. Would be a nice feature of the thread if the update links included that info...

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

skelton

« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2016, 09:42:02 am »
I don't see a changelog. But i extracted and they include the same bad mali drivers from 3.4.3 and so on, so i won't install it.
Retired

Sideside

« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2016, 04:35:45 pm »
Hey guys I'm new to the GPD scene, I just Ordered  a Q9, so when it gets here should I  Put that lastest 5.0.3 os on it? what are the advantages of updating it? and do i have to root it first? is there any real reason to root?
TIA

sirp0p0

« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2016, 05:43:35 pm »
Hey guys I'm new to the GPD scene, I just Ordered  a Q9, so when it gets here should I  Put that lastest 5.0.3 os on it? what are the advantages of updating it? and do i have to root it first? is there any real reason to root?
TIA

Install LegacyROM 2.0 instead. It's much better than any of the original firmwares. You'll want root for any CPU management apps like SetCPU which is recommended to get the best performance out of it.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-devices/(rom)-legacyrom-2-0-for-q9-and-q9psv/

FYI if you get the one with the PlayStation Vita analog sticks, that's the PSV. Otherwise the regular flat ones are standard. You won't do any damage in flashing the wrong one, your analog sticks just won't work. I also recommend the 1.8GHz version.
The difference being you'll get the extra little bit of speed for things like PPSSPP but it will heat up faster (perfectly safe) and drain the battery faster.

Zongalito

« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2016, 12:55:54 am »
My gpd xd is on 3.10.0
Do i need to update? And how?

Ben30NYC

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2016, 01:37:22 am »
Hello guys,

Just got my new GPD XD In the mail and want to update the firmware. I downloaded the file from this link:

XD 3.4.7
https://mega.nz/#!BARyXZra!fRusajIRQsqvEre8Sbpa0MSP587aJ4rZGzVE92kxHO8

Then I put the file to my Download folder in the device. When rebooting no update happens. I also tried renaming to update.img  still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

lahegry

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2016, 03:57:36 am »
Hello guys,

Just got my new GPD XD In the mail and want to update the firmware. I downloaded the file from this link:

XD 3.4.7

Then I put the file to my Download folder in the device. When rebooting no update happens. I also tried renaming to update.img  still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?
The zip has to go on the root of the SD card it can not be in any folder, otherwise the xd can't recognize it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Peter

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2016, 10:14:39 am »
Hello guys,

XD 3.4.7

What am I doing wrong?

Unzip the file und store the *.img file in root of your SD-card!

cons_lover

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2016, 09:54:18 am »
hello.

if i brick my gpd XD. Can i use the XD 3.4.7 firmawre from the first page for full restore the device?

Anybody know if the
XD 3.4.7
is corrupted file? or is safe to use to flash.

R3knoj

« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2016, 09:06:37 am »
Hello, i will receive my gpd in a couple of days.
Is it necessary to update?
I don't want to mess with it to much yet.

cons_lover

« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2016, 05:23:43 pm »
I guess it will be already update to last firmware.(3.4.7)

mine was already updated   ;)

konpia

« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2016, 02:37:59 pm »
Will be getting my GPD XD soon. If my unit comes with Chinese ROM (no google play store), how do I update my unit to English ROM? Which ROM is the most stable ROM?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:20:53 pm by konpia »

konpia

« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2016, 05:09:18 am »
Just rec'd my GPD XD yesterday and it is already loaded with 3.4.7 with play store pre-installed, guess the seller was simply giving inaccurate answer to me. Had installed Atari 2600, NES, SNES, MD, GBA, GBC & epsxe and all running well. Will look into N64, DC & PPSSPP later.

Jenova

« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2016, 08:10:19 am »
Will be getting my GPD XD soon. If my unit comes with Chinese ROM (no google play store), how do I update my unit to English ROM? Which ROM is the most stable ROM?

Try out Skelton's Legacy ROM... it's fantastic.

konpia

« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2016, 08:55:02 am »

Try out Skelton's Legacy ROM... it's fantastic.

Yes, still considering as I find wifi speed is slow but haven't run into problem with gaming, will monitor for a few days before deciding.

Plinko

« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2016, 01:49:32 am »
Hello. Is the kernel number my current firmware? Also is a different ROM than stock recommended, and if so which one would you guys recommend?

Thanks for any information!

konpia

« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2016, 02:43:45 am »
Look at the build number, latest stock ROM is 3.4.7. LegacyROM is the custom ROM with overclocked speed for better gaming performance.

Rcoltrane

« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2016, 06:32:35 pm »
Is the Kernel version the same thing as the Firmware version? Is there anyone here using Retroarch nightly builds? I need help on configuring the navigation through the new interface menus, the physical keys are misconfigured and I cannot access the settings menu.

Post a new topic