Hi beldandy561, thanks for your report, not quite what I was hoping, sadly.
I would love your advice on my issue.
I received mine a couple days ago, ordered directly from GPD and turns out I got one with a crappy battery. Here's the symptoms:
1) Turned on the first time, battery at 39%
2) Plugged it in to my PC USB to have it charging while I try it out.
3) Under an hour later I realize the battery was now at 28%. Mmm.
4) I try to have it charged on its original power adapter, while powered off.
5) An hour or so later the battery is at 5%. Then 0%.
6) I can't use the unit at all now that the battery reached 0% (even when connected).
All the time I had it plugged it, the battery had the little "lightning" logo and it says it's charging, although it clearly is not.
So I assume this is just the battery, while the rest of my unit is ok?
How risky would it be for someone like me, without your extensive electronic experience, to just replace the battery without breaking anything else? What are me other options?
It seems like I should risk a battery repair, otherwise this is just a brick....