Author Topic: Sharp X68000 emulator is great on GPDXD  (Read 6778 times)

OutRun8601 (OP)

Re: Sharp X68000 emulator is great on GPDXD
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 10:11:12 pm »
So i did everything as you said, but does not work. Two squares (green and grey)appeared on the top right corner but none of them worked. Afetr a few seconds a window showed up in the middle of the screen with a message and a floppy disc , but all in jap, so know idea what the problem is.
I made a PX68K folder in the internal storage, and put all the bios files and DIM files in that. I tried 0.15 and 0.14 but failed.
(My console is a Q9 not an XD)
Any idea???
It sounds like everything is right. See my photo above for extra discs. When you've put the discs in the drive you need to select reset. Game should then boot.

Make sure games are unzipped too.

miroli

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 02:05:50 pm »
So i did everything as you said, but does not work. Two squares (green and grey)appeared on the top right corner but none of them worked. Afetr a few seconds a window showed up in the middle of the screen with a message and a floppy disc , but all in jap, so know idea what the problem is.
I made a PX68K folder in the internal storage, and put all the bios files and DIM files in that. I tried 0.15 and 0.14 but failed.
Any idea???
It sounds like everything is right. See my photo above for extra discs. When you've put the discs in the drive you need to select reset. Game should then boot.

Works but not great. Only two bios files needed, the others made problems, so they had to be deleted. Few games works great, some are very laggy, some doesn't start.
Seegaa

Alphos2000

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2016, 06:29:55 pm »
How do you run a 3 disc game? We have only two drives, what should I do to put the third disk when the game is asking for it? I tried changing the first disk without reset and the game does nothing.

OutRun8601 (OP)

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2016, 08:45:21 am »
Any idea???

Works but not great. Only two bios files needed, the others made problems, so they had to be deleted. Few games works great, some are very laggy, some doesn't start.
Auto frame skip setting is best. Don't see any real issues with lag then from what I've tested.

elconejotres

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2016, 06:06:01 pm »
How do you run a 3 disc game? We have only two drives, what should I do to put the third disk when the game is asking for it? I tried changing the first disk without reset and the game does nothing.

Make an install to a virtual hard drive (HDF file) or search for the game in that format, to change floppy you ONLY INSERT ONE DISK AT A TIME IN FIRST SLOT then you follow on screen directions, the emu/system could ask for disk on slot b or ask to remove and insert next one in slot a

Set frameskip to 1 or 2 auto gives slowdown
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:12:36 pm by elconejotres »

davidgilmour

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 10:33:29 pm »
Apparantly this x68000 computer has a brilliant castlevania which is based on the original NES Castlevania. I will check it out.

skelton

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 10:46:17 pm »
It's the castlevania chronicles which had a psx port. I prefer the psx port. It even emulate the Roland sound of the x68000.
Retired

azwel2

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2017, 10:34:06 pm »
this emulator is nice. only negatives are the load times.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:24:27 pm by azwel2 »

azwel2

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2017, 02:20:16 am »
Im tyring to run the game: etoille princesse.  Has anyone been able to get it to work? If so, how? when it asks for disk b, i cant load it. or I get  a black screen.  Same goes for some other multi disck games

Theres also an emulator on retroarch now, but same problem. I cant load the 2nd disk

Post a new topic