Author Topic: PPSSPP/ Nomone resolution changer  (Read 4275 times)

holmes (OP)

PPSSPP/ Nomone resolution changer
« on: February 28, 2014, 03:25:53 pm »
Hi,

Has anyone tried Nomone Resolution Changer as described in the PPSSPP thread (JXD section). I tried it on my G5A but it failed (System UI stopped) ?

skelton

Re: PPSSPP/ Nomone resolution changer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 03:49:53 pm »
I haven't tried with that app. Tincore has a option to change resolution too in case you wanna try.

I have never felt the need of changing resolution in this device. Everythings works pretty fine, including PPSSPP emu.
Retired

holmes (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 11:29:23 am »
I tried Daxter and it was rather slow. It is reported to work fine on the JXD 7800 provided resolution is changed.

skelton

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 11:55:51 am »
Try setting non buffered video option or go back to 0.96 which seems to be a bit faster. But I particularly haven't noticed any difference between changing resolution, except that games look awful in these screens at these low resolutions (in a gpd g7, I can't imagine how bad they will look in bigger resolution screens) The games I play run fine for me, including some demanfing ones like god of war. For psp, using ondemand governor is recommended.

Retired

holmes (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »
Indeed there is a very big difference in terms of performance between 0.9.7 and 0.9.6 (0.9.6 the faster).
My remaining issue concerns the analog stick. When I push right at max, it goes at left! I tried to fiddled with the options to no avail. I ended up using tincore, just for the analog. It works but it seems slower and overclocking is really necessary. Any better idea?

skelton

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 08:16:28 pm »
Maybe your analog has a hardware problem?, because mine works perfect. It doesn't go to left if I press max to the right. I haven't seen other people reporting something like that, so maybe there is something bad connected in yours.

I don't use Overclock for psp emulation, just ondemand cpu governor.
Retired

holmes (OP)

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:09:07 pm »
Oh I thought "governor" was some sort of OC.
Concerning my stick, I only have troubles with PPSSPP. So I doubt it is a hardware problem. And the issue seems to be documented
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=7713

skelton

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 10:16:20 pm »
Strange, it's not happening on mine. Maybe a bug of the emu in a specific build?
Retired

holmes (OP)

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 06:09:36 pm »
I am really surprised that God of War works for you. Chain of Olympus is really really slow (thus unplayable) for me with 0.9.6.2,  governor on demand+deadline, non buffered rendering and frame skipp off. Did uou change anything else?

Thanks

skelton

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 07:34:08 pm »

set PSP cpu to 60 in options emu.
Retired

holmes (OP)

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 08:51:46 pm »
Thanks, it works really good!

Post a new topic