• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: PPSSPP  (Read 14333 times)

TIMING58 (OP)

Re: PPSSPP
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 03:32:30 pm »
Hmmm the two I tried are on the list as playable. Must be doing something wrong as all I get is a black screen

TIMING58 (OP)

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2014, 08:09:53 am »
Anouther night trying to get PPSSPP working. So the question is do I have to change any settings to get these roms working. The most I have had is the loading screen and then it goes black?

Skelton-retired

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2014, 08:37:27 am »
Most games should just run with default settings. Be sure your games are iso and not cso, because sometimes cso give some problems.
Retired

TIMING58 (OP)

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2014, 09:07:11 am »
Yes it was a ISO. The image showed in the sd folder so thats further that I have got so far with PPSSPP. I upgraded the reicast last night which made things even worse as then nothing worked. I must be still doing something wrong.

TIMING58 (OP)

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 09:10:34 am »
I updated reicast and then lost the BIOS file and all the key mapping had gone aswell

Archie

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 06:39:05 pm »
I also have a "problem" with the PPSPP emu.
It wouldn't detect games on the external SD-card (and now that card doesn't work anymore, sigh),
so I put a game on the system (GTA vice city stories), which is a pretty big file (1,2 gig), it runs the game but it has massive slowdown.
Is this due to the fact that it takes up a lot of memory, or do I have to fiddle with the settings?

BaldMonk

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2014, 04:55:24 am »
Did you have it set up to auto-detect games? The best option is to manually search the folder. To find the folder on an external card, you must go through the folder named "mnt".
For example, the games on my SD card are in /Emulators/PSP/ so the location looks like this mnt/external_SD/Emulators/PSP. Finds them all straight away.
Though, your card isn't working now, so maybe it was just corrupt.

The size of the file shouldn't matter, but the slowdown may be caused due to it being an large open world type game. I haven't tried the game, so couldn't really tell you.

AncientGamer

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »
I also have a "problem" with the PPSPP emu.
It wouldn't detect games on the external SD-card (and now that card doesn't work anymore, sigh),
so I put a game on the system (GTA vice city stories), which is a pretty big file (1,2 gig), it runs the game but it has massive slowdown.
Is this due to the fact that it takes up a lot of memory, or do I have to fiddle with the settings?

I haven't tried that game personally, but with PPSSPP performance varies widely from game to game.  Some run at full speed with some enhancements enabled and others run slow on this hardware no matter what settings you lower or options you change - the wipeout games and Tomb Raider for example are pretty much unplayable on the G5A but other games like Darius Burst, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Ys I and II Chronicles and even Family Guy run full speed with double resolution rendering.  Some games will crash if you select multi-threaded mode, some will perform better.

You'll likely find more information about the performance of various specific games on the PPSSPP site's forums.  They don't always mention how they perform on Android, but you'll find information there on general settings you can try to change to get things working as optimally as possible.

TIMING58 (OP)

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2014, 07:24:51 pm »
Has anyone managed to get Everybody golf 2 working? Seems to crash when you use the power bar...annoying

TIMING58 (OP)

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2014, 11:07:14 am »
No one then?

TIMING58 (OP)

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »
Anyone managed to get any golf games working on the PPSSPP?

BaldMonk

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2014, 02:44:30 pm »

Skelton-retired

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2014, 02:51:09 pm »
That compatbility list is not 100 percent accurate, because sometimes games are tested on PC, and not on Android.

Anyhow, if that game is not working, try with the nightlies that are put everyday in PPSSPP main page.

http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

Maybe it's solved in latest builds or maybe not, but doesn't harm to try.
Retired

BaldMonk

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2014, 01:59:09 pm »
As per usual Skelton, you're correct :p

I just assumed it would be compatible across the board.

Post a new topic