Author Topic: Original GPD XD Battery Failure  (Read 974 times)

hugorilho (OP)

Original GPD XD Battery Failure
« on: July 05, 2020, 03:24:35 pm »
I'm sure someone has reported similar problems on this forum but I couldn't do a more thorough search about this matter and so I apogize for any inconvenience.

My original 32 gb blue GPD XD has died on me this morning after shutting down quite a few times when unplugged to the charger, even thou the console showed it had power. Yesterday I could still power it on when itnwas plugged in to wall charger buu this morning it's no longer capable of doing so.

I saw in few posts from this forum the following observations:

Some topics talk about battery replacements but not much else from what I could tell.
The battery problems started after I flashed the legacy rom. The console afterwards only charged sometimes until 80%.

Now it's completely dead. I already sent an email to GPD's customer support. Let's see how it goes but from your experience, do you guys think that I'm basically istuck with a paperweight?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 10:31:38 pm by hugorilho »

hugorilho (OP)

Re: Original GPD XD Battery Failure
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 03:37:50 pm »
GPD's customer service replied my email stating they no longer manufacture parts for their first gen products... I'm now stuck with a (albeit very cute...) paperweight... 

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 12:10:04 am »
GPD won't give any support to this device since it was discontinued so long ago. Depending on where you live you could try talking to @PsyOps although he is more active on Discord or Reddit, maybe he could have a battery for selling. Also, other option would be trying to find a 6000mah battery on aliexpress that would fit inside the GPD XD. According to this post at reddit this one would work:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gpdxd/comments/ct9wv5/gpd_xd_battery_specs_for_replacement/

https://aliexpress.com/item/32994140529.html

Some years ago the GPD support told me that these are the dimensions of the battery. That would be a good place for starting looking for it:

The information is below:
Battery type: lithium polymer battery
Voltage: 3.8 V. Capacity is 6000mAh
The size:9.8*6.2*0.5 (cm)
Best regards
GPD team

hugorilho (OP)

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 11:37:00 am »
Thank you very much. I live in Portugal and this dude operates in USA only, for what I could tell. I will try my luck in a local forum to see if I can get any help.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 01:48:50 pm »
The XD Plus battery will work, just change the cable or solder the wires directly. Maybe it will be easier for you to find an xd plus battery to buy?

boa sorte

foxsevent

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 08:31:38 am »
You sure it's the battery? Just wierd for the LegacyRom to bust a battery, maybe you just bricked it? Try flashing the og rom if still possible.

The only thing I know of that can bust the XD is using quick/fast chargers on it.

Post a new topic