I actually got an XD today (thanks to a GPD developer). I haven't got time to make an intensive test, but although the device has good things to be taken into account, there are also some cons that in some cases are a bit dissaspointing for me.
- Build quality is pretty good, much better in this sense that most chinese gadgets. Nothing to object in this sense.
- Screen quality and speakers are good, though at max volume thay distort a little bit. Though I don't think people use it at max volume unless they have some audition problem.
- Analogs are fine, though not great. They are like the ones of PSVita, very similar. I am not a big fan of Vita analogs, so perhaps that's the reason that for me are just at an average level. I understand they use because of the mold anyway.
- Performance is nice, like any RK3288 device, a bit worse than Q9 under some scenarios, like mame4droid reloaded. Tough I use Q9 at 1,8 mhz so not a valid comparison.
- Dpad is poor, very very small and really mushy. It's too deep into the mold. Also, making some diagonals is a bit difficult, so playing fighting games is a bit hard for games like KOF or Garou. I prefer Psvita or 3DS dpad to this, and I never expected that I would say that.
- The front buttons are completely silent and also to deep into the mold. When you press it you don't notice them. this can be an advantage for some, not for me. I don't like clacky buttons, but at least a bit of feeling that I am pressing them. they are too soft.
- Position of l2 and r2 is not very confortable. Luckily for me I almost never use them because I don't play Android games, but certainly could be better. Though it's the same problem in the new 3ds XL.
Firmware-wise device looks solid, I didn't notice issues like the ones mentioned in other posts, like CPU whine, bad wifi reception, or HDMI. Everything is working fine in this sense for me. There is a huge amount of crapware that I inmediately removed.
I only have the gamepad app to use Ps3 mode. I don't see the point of the XBOX mode. I don't see any benefit of using it. I suppose some android games will take benefit of it, but no idea because I don't play android games too much.
All in all, is not a bad device, but for me that I only use Android for emulation and need a good dpad, I personally prefer the GPD Q9 or my combo phone/gameklip and ps3 gamepad. But for other people may be different, that depends on the use people do about the device.