• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Mame4Droid 0.139u1 roms on sd card  (Read 14434 times)

murpha123 (OP)

Mame4Droid 0.139u1 roms on sd card
« on: February 18, 2016, 04:42:40 pm »
hi new member here, got my gpd xd about a week ago and i love it. the only problem is i have moved my mame4droid roms to an sd card, and the standard file browser can find them but when i try to set the path from with in mame4droid i cant find the new rom folder? so my question is can i keep my roms on the sd card or do they have to be kept on the internal memory, thanks for taking the time to read this :)

alyinsanfran

Re: Mame4Droid 0.139u1 roms on sd card
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 12:51:09 am »
Hi Murpha, I had trouble too when I first installed Mame4Droid on a tablet a few years back. It's a lost-in-translation moment: if I remember correctly, when you think you're telling it where your Mame folder is, what you're actually telling it is where you'd like it to create a Mame folder.
So I would delete the lot, then reinstall Mame4Droid, tell it where to create your Mame folder and then drop your Roms, samples etc in to the folder.
I hope that helps, and that I'm remembering correctly!

murpha123 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 04:26:41 pm »
Thanks.  Yeah I've tried that. It's almost like mame4droid and mame4all can't see the memory card at all. Strange. I'll keep trying. But It did work out that the pre installed arcade player does see the roms but will only play very few of them..

fsk

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 05:50:16 am »
Try "clear settings", and then restart Mame4Droid.

It prompts you to find a location for savestates and stuff.  Put that on internal storage.

It prompts you for a rom directory.  You can put that in external storage.

It's tricky to find external storage.  It's in /mnt/external_sd.  Internal storage is in /storage/emulated.

alyinsanfran

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 09:45:16 pm »
fsk is dead right - when you first use the XD it's really easy to get confused as to where the external SD is. Make sure you have that part right. Maybe browse around with the file explorer to get familiar with where everything is.

BaldMonk

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 01:59:32 pm »
When you first start MAME, let it use the default directory... Then in settings change it to your custom roms folder.

It's the only way I could get it to work... Don't know why. Try it.

Smoker1

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 01:17:21 am »
In order to keep the MAME Roms on the MicroSD, you need to direct the Directory as
mnt/external_sd/
then where you want your Roms at. Will also work for any other Emu that can access that Directory