Author Topic: Lets talk XD issues  (Read 183994 times)

skelton

Re: Lets talk XD issues
« Reply #360 on: September 24, 2016, 05:33:27 pm »
Probably. Or you will have to try reflashing using batchtool with the pc. But it's strange that the update zip fails. Maybe is your sdcard.
Retired

Hobbers

« Reply #361 on: September 24, 2016, 05:48:35 pm »
Just ripped a 2Gb SD card out of an old mobile, formatted it as exFAT, copied over the update.zip file and same thing happens.  Message right at bottom of screen says same, i,e :-

Finding update package
E:Can't mount /mnt/external_sd/update.zip
Installation aborted.

skelton

« Reply #362 on: September 24, 2016, 06:16:36 pm »
Try to format microSD to fat32 instead of exfat
Retired

Hobbers

« Reply #363 on: September 24, 2016, 06:23:54 pm »
Skelton.

You is da beez kneez. 

Formatted the 2Gb as Fat32 and the update has finished ok.  I have the Congratulations Upgrade Succeeded message.  Best thing is, I didn't have to factory reset and lose all my unbacked up (ahem) ROMS even though my finger was hovering the option for many many minutes :)

Thanks again, really appreciated and to the other helpers before
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:25:33 pm by Hobbers »

Hobbers

« Reply #364 on: September 24, 2016, 06:34:42 pm »
One question if I may.  The whole point of me trying to get XDSUPERSU working was because I had hoped to be able to move apps/games from the internal storage to the SD card.  I tried to use apps2sd but that won't move them even now.  Is there something else I need to do or an app I can now download, to enable me to do this?

Sorry if it's a noob question - I just want to be able to move downloaded content to the SD card instead

Thanks

PS  should add I've tried to install FOLDER MOUNT but even with 1Gb internal spare storage and 125Gb empty SD, the GPD still says :-

CANT INSTALL APP
INSUFFICIENT STORAGE AVAILABLE

and it's like 2Mb!! LOL
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:58:43 pm by Hobbers »

skelton

« Reply #365 on: September 24, 2016, 07:25:25 pm »
I use folder mount without issues. But folder mount generally move the data of the games rather than the apk itself. The data (obb) files are the ones that take more space. My microSD is in fat32 and works fine with folder mount. I don't know if folder mount works ok with exfat cards, never tried myself.

Link2SD allows to move apk or anything to external SD, but it requires yo make a partition to ext4 in your microSD.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD&hl=es
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:27:15 pm by skelton »
Retired

Hobbers

« Reply #366 on: September 24, 2016, 07:51:38 pm »
Thanks again Skelton

Folder Mount won't even install on the internal storage, let alone an SD card, which is rather perplexing. 

I suppose I have just got used to my later Android mobile phones having the MOVE TO SD option accessible via the standard APPS menu and only ever had to use apps2sd and link2sd in the past on my first smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy Ace, where I was forced to root it and use those apps to move apps to the SD card in order to desperately create space for just Facebook and Whatsapp!

It's a shame the feature to install downloaded content direct to SD card or move existing apps/games isn't available out of the box.  Other than that, I love my GPD

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #367 on: September 25, 2016, 06:46:20 am »
I unzipped the XDSUPERSU.zip file and copied the update.zip to the root of the 128gb SD card (formatted exFAT), rebooted the GPD XD and "a update package is found ... would you like to install the package" message came up.  Clicked on INSTALL and received this :-

"error not a valid update package"

Am I doing something wrong? The file size of update.zip is 10,278kb.  I read somewhere in one of these threads that in order to get superuser, I could just copy update.zip to the SD card but as I can't find the thread again, I'm trying to do it from memory :)

Cheers

File size was wrong.  I upped the Chinese version by mistake.  I apologize.  I've re-upped the update.zip file directly in the original post for you.  This is the one I used.  Should work on all the English firmware versions.

Hobbers

« Reply #368 on: September 25, 2016, 07:14:01 am »
No need to apologise LordDavon, you guys give your time for free and it's appreciated.

Spent hours last night messing with link2sd and formatting sd cards with minitool but just can't seem to find an easy way to use the sd card for my games storage. May try again with a clear head one day and perhaps a 32Gb card instead of the 128Gb lol.

Thanks again

malloc

« Reply #369 on: December 29, 2016, 07:42:32 pm »
Hello

The link to:
FileDropper Mirror of v3.4.2 English Firmware (Non SU) Clean: http://www.filedropper.com/xdv342englishfirmwarenonemulatorsandmetro

it's broken... can share again pls?

onewondershow

« Reply #370 on: January 09, 2017, 09:15:45 pm »
I just received my xd a few days ago but I'm returning it and ordering a new one. My issue is it doesn't like to charge. It indicates charging but the remaining power doesn't change. If i unplug it and plug it back in numerous times eventually I can get it to charge. Also it seems to only charge off of one of my chargers. I have had no luck with any of my others. I do plan on immediately re buying it as other than this issue i'ts been an awesome device so far.

fidelis1

« Reply #371 on: January 10, 2017, 01:35:37 pm »
@kendyzhu777 Do you know if GPD still plans on doing an Android 6 Marshmallow update for the GPD XD? Or has it been canceled?

konpia

« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2017, 02:15:50 am »
So, I just bought another HDMI to HDMI mini cable and connected to my Sony soundbar. 😥 No luck, still no sound coming from the soundbar. But there is sound when plug directly into my HDTV. Tried different settings on the soundbar and HDTV but couldn't get the sound to work. Could it be my Sony soundbar doesn't support the audio format of the XD? But I don't have problem with my Android TV box, shouldn't both have the same audio format?

waisoserious

« Reply #373 on: January 13, 2017, 03:07:33 am »
I didnt see this problem in the original OP. I did a google search and I only found 1 thread (from this forum) but apparently alot of people also experience this problem and the problem did not have a definitive solution.

Problem:
I cannot copy folders directly onto my GPD XD, I am using custom legacy firmware 3.4.6
Whenever I try to copy any folders/directories or a few files onto the GPD XD's internal storage, I get a
"XD is busy" message.

I am running windows 10 btw.

Any solution to this? I cannot move the roms to the default directory to run Mame4Droid .375b. Changing the rom directory to my external SD cards directory hasnt worked either. Yes the SDcard files detect in the explorer app and yes it is fat32 partitioned
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:12:16 am by waisoserious »

konpia

« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2017, 03:12:17 am »
Try copy a file at a time.

migenbrawl

« Reply #375 on: January 14, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »
Is anyone able to re-mirror v3.4.2 English Firmware (Non SU) Clean?  Downloading from Baidu is requiring some network disc client that I don't feel comfortable with.

WouterK12

« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2017, 01:55:38 pm »
I know another issue: Android Kitkat...  ::)

skelton

« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2017, 02:23:45 pm »
Kit Kat works better in rk3288 devices that Lollipop ir marshmalow. Mali drivers are worse Android have Manu incompatibilities. I can tell from my experience with other rk3288, like firefly board.
Retired

Jenova

« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2017, 02:42:23 pm »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it I always say...

>:(

Rcoltrane

« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2017, 03:20:28 pm »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it I always say...

>:(

Yep! Tell that to the Retroarch's MAME developers... >:(

Post a new topic
Post a new topic