Author Topic: How is the QC of the GPD XD+? Does buying it's a gamble?  (Read 362 times)

mandrake88 (OP)

How is the QC of the GPD XD+? Does buying it's a gamble?
« on: September 11, 2018, 03:15:23 am »
Hi!

I'm debating  whether  to buy this device or not, and the main issue i have rn is the risk of getting a bad unit. I have to order from another country, paid shipping, taxes, etc, so if i get a bad unit is pretty much lost money, no chance of getting a replacement.

How are the general experiences with it? i've seen many videos and comments where ppl got defective units and had to order a replacement, and it really concerns me. I'm looking to buy it from dragonbox, maybe i can ask them to test it for me before sending it?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:35:30 am by mandrake88 »
Dingoo A320 Black - Original by Dingoo Digital

Hobberest

Re: How is the QC of the GPD XD+? Does buying it's a gamble?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:08:03 pm »
Why is there no chance of getting a replacement? Just use a reasonably reputable seller like DroidBox or DragonBox or Ali Express or FastTech and returns and replacements shouldn't be a problem. Or if you're in the U.S. you can go with PsyOps, one of the Dingoonity moderators: https://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-android-devices/gpd-xd-plus/msg179007/#msg179007

As for the reliability issues, I can't be of much help. I've basically heard the same things as you, which is why I decided against eBay and instead went with a proper company. In my case I chose FastTech, and they were great. Granted, my unit is flawless so I never did have to do any returns, but nothing I've heard about them indicates they would've given me a problem. Same goes for DragonBox that you're considering. I'm sure if they sent you a lemon you could just request a replacement unit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:09:49 pm by Hobberest »

ker

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:15:41 pm »
Why is there no chance of getting a replacement? Just use a reasonably reputable seller like DroidBox or DragonBox or Ali Express or FastTech and returns and replacements shouldn't be a problem. Or if you're in the U.S. you can go with PsyOps, one of the Dingoonity moderators: https://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-android-devices/gpd-xd-plus/msg179007/#msg179007

As for the reliability issues, I can't be of much help. I've basically heard the same things as you, which is why I decided against eBay and instead went with a proper company. In my case I chose FastTech, and they were great. Granted, my unit is flawless so I never did have to do any returns, but nothing I've heard about them indicates they would've given me a problem. Same goes for DragonBox that you're considering. I'm sure if they sent you a lemon you could just request a replacement unit.
Belchine.net, MiComputer.es...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

mandrake88 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 03:42:14 pm »

As i said, is the GPD is not avaiable in my country, so i have to use an international courrier and pay the import taxes. If i have to get a replacement, i have to pay the shipping back and forward again (140 usd in total) and pay again for the import taxes on my country (half the value of the product).

Hobberest

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 05:07:28 pm »
If i have to get a replacement, i have to pay the shipping back and forward again (140 usd in total)
Not if you buy from a reasonable company you don't. I skimmed through a couple of the links under the "Information" menu on Dragonbox and didn't see anything obvious about this, so you may want to inquire about their policy before ordering.

I'd never place an order with a company that doesn't pay for all shipping costs incurred when it comes to replacing an item that doesn't function. I know FastTech does have that policy, but I feel confident there must be many other GPD retailers that do as well.

lemmywinks

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 06:16:04 pm »
As i said, is the GPD is not avaiable in my country, so i have to use an international courrier and pay the import taxes. If i have to get a replacement, i have to pay the shipping back and forward again (140 usd in total) and pay again for the import taxes on my country (half the value of the product).

I bought my original XD from GPD's store and sent it back as it was faulty, they covered return shipping and I claimed import taxes/duty back. Don't know what things are like where you are (I'm in the UK) but you should be able to claim fees back on faulty returned goods.

Actually saved quite a bit of money as when I ordered the replacement as it was on sale and it got through customs undetected!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go
PC:
HP Envy M6
Acer 522
Psion 5 & 5MX

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 10:46:10 pm »
What country you from mandrake?

mandrake88 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 03:36:58 am »
What country you from mandrake?

argentina

Post a new topic