Author Topic: Home and Recent disabled?  (Read 615 times)

olonas (OP)

Re: Home and Recent disabled?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 10:55:53 pm »
well, there you go. if still needed i will upload my nandroid tomorrow as it is late af here.

restarted and not working
https://pastebin.com/CwLf4McV

skelton

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 11:06:25 pm »
Do you have something connected to USB otg? Like a gamepad or pendrive....I only see this difference.

0.955632] usb usb2: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002

It seems as if device found something connected to USB. I don't see other differences. I personally never had that issue, so no idea what can provoke it. Joystick and keyboard driver are no different in firmwares, so unless some app can provoke it... But in the log i don't see anything weird so no idea to be honest. All I can say is not a normal behavior, but no idea what can provoke it. I remember reading someone having a similar issue with firmware 3.4.7 but it seems it only happened to him randomly, like it seems your case.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:08:32 pm by skelton »
Retired

olonas (OP)

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 11:12:07 pm »
well at the moment i have nothing connected to the usb. could my wireless mouse cause this? :/
i rebooted to safe mode (although i still see all my apps) and gpd works again.
i will try to upload a nandroid tomorrow so you could check if you like.
for the time, good night and thanks for all the help :)

skelton

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 11:15:43 pm »
I cannot check a nandroid because I don't have my XD anymore. A wireless mouse shouldn't affect to it. To be honest seems quite random so no idea what can provoke it.
Retired

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 11:41:29 pm »
I asked him for the nandroid that way i can put on my gpd and try to reproduce problem.

But if he boots into safemode , doesn't that confirm that it is a software issue then?
i rebooted to safe mode (although i still see all my apps) and gpd works again.

Ok so my guess is, one of the apps you installed is the culprit. Safe Mode doesnt load any third party apps. Try installing Titanium Backup ROOT. Start freezing the apps you installed one at a time. ( or work backwards, freeze all apps that you installed and unfreeze one at a time). You may have to give it some time because the problem doesn't show up right away or all the time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:47:53 pm by PsyOps »

olonas (OP)

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 08:25:26 pm »
I cannot check a nandroid because I don't have my XD anymore.
sorry i meant psyops...

btw, im having trouble uploading my rom due to size and upload bandwidth speed.
for the time i have all my apps in screenshots.
all apps are paid (not pirated)
i will test freezing apps with titanium during the weekend.
https://prnt.sc/g6h7r0
https://prnt.sc/g6h75u
https://prnt.sc/g6h7xr

in the meantime If anyone sees something out of place let me know.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 02:52:21 pm »
Ok bud I have your backup installed. So how do you spend your time on your gpd xd?

I went through each app and messed with them ( without logging into a play or amazon account )
I turn it off and on and try it over again.
I have tried provoking it by yelling at the gpd and calling it's mother many nasty names.

so now it is just a waiting game. A stand off! ( i am giving the gpd the evil eye )

olonas (OP)

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 06:46:16 pm »
To be honest I haven't really used it that much, mostly due to the fact that it's not working properly. I just pay some ps games and a little Minecraft but other than that I just try to setup my desktop.
If it works it will work until you restart it. If the buttons don't work from boot, they will not work until I restart it.
I really don't know what triggers this behavior. Maybe my USB port detects stuff like you said a couple days ago?

Sent from my SM-G950N using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:04:01 pm by olonas »

olonas (OP)

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 07:32:53 pm »
Should I open it and check the flex cables?... Would that behavior be normal if the flex isn't positioned correctly?... I really don't want to send it back. I got it off of gearbest on sale and the shipping will kill its price :(

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 09:42:01 am »
I thought I was the only one experiencing that problem. Home and recent buttons stop working- didn't try connecting it to the PC when that happens so I don't know about those problems. It happens rarely ( maybe once in 2 months) and rebooting consistently fixed it for me so I didn't look into it yet. Next time I experience that problem I will check logcat and dmesg.

When I look at the apps I share a couple of them with you: Humble bundle, Kernel Adiutor, ES file explorer, MX Player, DraStic and ppsspp. So if it's an app causing this behavior it should be one of those.

I would try deleting those apps and check if the problem occurs but it happens so rarely and incosnsistently...I just rather reboot when it happens.

Should I open it and check the flex cables?... Would that behavior be normal if the flex isn't positioned correctly?... I really don't want to send it back. I got it off of gearbest on sale and the shipping will kill its price :(

Well you're free to try but be warned some of the ribbon cables are a bit fragile and getting replacements for those might prove difficult.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 01:35:05 pm »
Well it is kind of a mystery whether its hardware or software.
On one side I google the problem and get hits related to it from different devices. That tells me it most likely is software. (dunno i may be wrong)
And on the other side of things, Olonas has sent me a copy of his gpd (CWM Backup) and I can not replicate the problem. That tells me it could be hardware.

So confused!

But now that I have the apps narrowed down a bit, once I load his backup again I will focus on those apps. See if i cant get it to do the same thing.

On both cases rebooting clears the problem - doesn't that hint at software problem too?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:37:19 pm by PsyOps »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic