Author Topic: GPD XD2  (Read 108184 times)

Saber

Re: GPD XD2
« Reply #600 on: May 29, 2018, 03:45:16 pm »
Been awhile. :)

After noticing that slider concept for the XD2(which intrigues me more than the Win 2), I thought of how a basic minimal physical keyboard could be added.

Not expecting miracles, but if spacing permits and interest prevails, something like this version 3:

L3 and R3 somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:07:13 pm by Saber »

siegel17701

« Reply #601 on: June 04, 2018, 05:02:01 am »
Been awhile. :)

After noticing that slider concept for the XD2(which intrigues me more than the Win 2), I thought of how a basic minimal physical keyboard could be added.

Not expecting miracles, but if spacing permits and interest prevails, something like this version 3:

L3 and R3 somewhere.
I asked GPD (on Facebook) and they said the have no interest in visiting the slider design. hopefully this changes, we will have to see. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

AVahne

« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2018, 07:24:48 am »
Whether they ever release an XD2 and whether or not they use the slider design, I don't know if they would consider putting in a keyboard. I would LOVE for them to put in a keyboard, rather than shoving a blank space in our faces again, but they didn't seem too keen on doing it before.

Saber

« Reply #603 on: June 06, 2018, 12:51:16 am »
The slider concept must of been too complicated for them to make(and one of the reasons there aren't many/any on the market by anyone else). Maybe another day.

SONY

« Reply #604 on: June 06, 2018, 04:50:27 am »
Maybe too many moving parts to consider?
SONY PS3
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

GPD XD

Sousaptak

« Reply #605 on: June 09, 2018, 04:15:27 pm »
I think the keyboard addition will only make the price go up, after all, GPD xd's sole purpose is gaming... frankly, if they increase the screen size to 6 inches, add clickable sticks and use a more powerful SOC, things will be better. many reviewers stated performance wise XD+ is not that much of an upgrade. they can look for SOC like SD 660,821 or the new MTK line-up to pack a punch, as PS2 emulation is now getting done on android.

AVahne

« Reply #606 on: June 10, 2018, 05:58:36 am »
I think the keyboard addition will only make the price go up, after all, GPD xd's sole purpose is gaming... frankly, if they increase the screen size to 6 inches, add clickable sticks and use a more powerful SOC, things will be better. many reviewers stated performance wise XD+ is not that much of an upgrade. they can look for SOC like SD 660,821 or the new MTK line-up to pack a punch, as PS2 emulation is now getting done on android.

Qualcomm is pretty dickish to smaller companies and products they don't see as viable for their SoCs, so I really don't think we'll ever see a Snapdragon in an XD-type device.

Saber

« Reply #607 on: June 11, 2018, 11:41:06 am »
Maybe too many moving parts to consider?
Maybe, but it could be that DS clone clamshells are the only accepted adopted style in this niche presently. I've always wanted a pocketable tablet with a screen that slides to reveal a physical keyboard, so I don't have to rely on screen tapping input, and then slides a bit more showing some "hidden" game controls. :)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic