Author Topic: GPD XD2  (Read 133492 times)

skelton

Re: GPD XD2
« Reply #540 on: December 04, 2017, 08:40:13 am »
Estimate price for the GPD X+? im interesting in buying one and get ride for my crappy nvidia shield portable.

They haven't told me. I suppose a bit more expensive than current model, but no much I guess, because if they release it around 250 o 300 Us dollars then a GPD WIN is the winner for me.
Will you be able to put photos up when you get it or has GPD asked you not to?

Sure, it shouldn't be a problem. I can also test some emus and make a video. But maybe other people get it faster than me. If the mold is the same photos shouldn?t be much different, except for screen photos showing software.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:53:34 am by skelton »
Retired

Phawx

« Reply #541 on: December 04, 2017, 05:14:26 pm »
@skelton

I have a MiPad 3 but (at least MIUI9) doesn't seem to have powervr drivers that supports Vulkan. 

Do you know if GPD has access to PowerVR Drivers and if they have latest? 

ImgTec seems to have had Vulkan drivers for quite some time now:

https://community.imgtec.com/developers/powervr/vulkan/

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:18:30 pm by Phawx »

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2017, 05:16:32 pm »
They will go to distributors around middle.of January.

Do you know what price these will be sold for in your shop ED?

Not yet, GPD couldn't give me any prices yet.
I'm evil.

skelton

« Reply #543 on: December 04, 2017, 05:27:52 pm »
@skelton

I have a MiPad 3 but (at least MIUI9) doesn't seem to have powervr drivers that supports Vulkan. 

Do you know if GPD has access to PowerVR Drivers and if they have latest? 

ImgTec seems to have had Vulkan drivers for quite some time now:

https://community.imgtec.com/developers/powervr/vulkan/

I don't know, I suppose we will have to wait to test it. Generally userspace libs for GPU are close source, and more in the case of powerVR, so maybe it depends on MTK SDK if they include it or not. The chip supports it, but no idea if MTK has included it them already in their SDK. I I know GPD compiles new stuff when they have a new SDK available, but they depend on MTK source code, so we'll have to wait until the unit arrives. There are no many tablets with that SoC yet, so I hope Mediatek updates the SDK to support vulkan.

The GPU is supported, at least partially:

https://vulkan.gpuinfo.org/listreports.php?devicename=PowerVR+Rogue+GX6250

Adreno and Nvidia are better for Vulkan support than mali or powerrVr.

PPSSPP and Dolphin support Vulkan so it's a quick test, though PPSSPP has still a lot w ork for vulkan backend under android.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:31:52 pm by skelton »
Retired

AegisMoonlight

« Reply #544 on: December 04, 2017, 06:23:41 pm »
Estimate price for the GPD X+? im interesting in buying one and get ride for my crappy nvidia shield portable.

They haven't told me. I suppose a bit more expensive than current model, but no much I guess, because if they release it around 250 o 300 Us dollars then a GPD WIN is the winner for me.

Sure, it shouldn't be a problem. I can also test some emus and make a video. But maybe other people get it faster than me. If the mold is the same photos shouldn?t be much different, except for screen photos showing software.

If possible could you try out EpsxE on the new unit, when you got it?

zoragon

« Reply #545 on: December 04, 2017, 06:43:43 pm »

PS1 emulation is already perfect on hardware much weaker than the current GPD XD. PS1 will work more than fine.

AegisMoonlight

« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2017, 06:51:37 pm »

PS1 emulation is already perfect on hardware much weaker than the current GPD XD. PS1 will work more than fine.

Thats a relief

skelton

« Reply #547 on: December 04, 2017, 09:49:53 pm »
EPSXE is not too demanding, works ok on almost any hardware. PPSSPP is perhaps a better test or Yaba Sanshiro for sega saturn.
Retired

Web8bits

• GPD, JXD and Hyperkin distributor in Spain
« Reply #548 on: December 05, 2017, 08:51:06 am »

According to my information from GPD the "new" XD will be available at retail chain in Europe around March,  so its not clear the launch date.

No information about price.

Regards

diablotinbouky

« Reply #549 on: December 05, 2017, 09:43:23 am »

According to my information from GPD the "new" XD will be available at retail chain in Europe around March,  so its not clear the launch date.

No information about price.

Regards

Same sound here...February or March and no prices  :P

Ced

skelton

« Reply #550 on: December 05, 2017, 10:22:18 am »
It makes sense, they probably want a deep test of the prots before a massive production of the devices.
Retired

vcoleiro1 (OP)

« Reply #551 on: December 05, 2017, 10:28:38 am »
It makes sense, they probably want a deep test of the prots before a massive production of the devices.

GPD probably don't fully know themselves when they will launch it.  Alpha testing has to happen, then issues found need to be fixed, then beta testing, and again issues found need to be fixed.  Hard to judge the time that all takes

skelton

« Reply #552 on: December 05, 2017, 10:37:33 am »
I don' think the firmware has many issues, or at least I hope so, but they will want to assure the hardware part. I personally think it's a good idea before releasing a secomd batch with things fixed,
Retired

hellomoto

« Reply #553 on: December 05, 2017, 05:07:34 pm »
If someone could test tekken tag tournament in Mame, that would be great.  I have it on my galaxy S7 (snapdragon version).  It does this weird thing where it would speed up to over 100% after I minimize and go back while in gameplay.  Then, it would slow down again while playing for 10 seconds or so. rinse and repeat.  :/  Thanks in advance.

skelton

« Reply #554 on: December 05, 2017, 05:11:15 pm »
That is because of thermal throttling in your phone most probably. I wouldn't expect mame 3d games run well in xd+. Even shieldTV struugles with those games. Or the GPD WIN, whose mame for windows is much more optimized than the android ones.
Retired

hellomoto

« Reply #555 on: December 06, 2017, 03:04:43 am »
@skelton - I made a video of this issue.  I don't think it is thermal throttling.  Take a look and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3_XRz0xrbA

Thanks!

vcoleiro1 (OP)

« Reply #556 on: December 06, 2017, 03:12:44 am »
Phawx has received his XD+ . Blutooth and 5Hz Wifi have been confirmed.  It looks exactly the same as the current XD.

4GB Ram, MTK 8176 SOC (Antutu: 71500, Geekbench: Single Core 1375 Multi Core 3529)

If you want to see pics and more on it. Join the GPD Discord group and check out the XD section. 
Here is an invite to the GPD Discord group for everyone to use:  https://discord.gg/mnGyDj

Smoker1

« Reply #557 on: December 06, 2017, 05:15:04 am »
Cant wait for @Phawx  to Post his Review of it. If possible, hopefully it can run Dolphin to see how it runs, RetroArch/MAME2014/Tekken 1-3
Also hope they kept the Screen->Button Mapping Feature.

vcoleiro1 (OP)

« Reply #558 on: December 06, 2017, 05:54:35 am »
Phawx's video on the XD+ is up on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQm5r6U4zqA

Smoker1

« Reply #559 on: December 06, 2017, 08:45:25 am »
Dolphin Emulator running a GC Game looks perfect. GoW on PSP is improved, but still having slowdowns. Hopefully there are Wii Games that can be run and some MAME Games that have problems on the XD1

Post a new topic