Author Topic: GPD XD2  (Read 133506 times)

skelton

Re: GPD XD2
« Reply #520 on: December 02, 2017, 11:12:19 pm »
@skelton

for the XD+, are you going to create another custom ROM as legacyROM??

No, I am retired from android scene. I only will help GPD with the stock firmware testing and providing info or patch if I find something serious that need a fix. (like screen refresh rates, or things that need a must fix, so to speak). To be honest I don't have time and specially enthusiasm for more custom roms (after several things that happened after my legacyROM for XD). Other people should begin to give some love to these devices. I have made firmwares for android for 4 years (since my beloced jxd s601, it's time to stop) About GPD Xd+ stock firmware, the decision about what to include in stock firmware will be of them (if they include chinese apps, or no root, etc it's up to them)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:16:41 pm by skelton »
Retired

vcoleiro1 (OP)

« Reply #521 on: December 02, 2017, 11:22:47 pm »
@skelton

for the XD+, are you going to create another custom ROM as legacyROM??

No, I am retired from android scene. I only will help GPD with the stock firmware testing and providing info or patch if I find something serious that need a fix. (like screen refresh rates, or things that need a must fix, so to speak). To be honest I don't have time and specially enthusiasm for more custom roms (after several things that happened after my legacyROM for XD). Other people should begin to give some love to these devices. I have made firmwares for android for 4 years (since my beloced jxd s601, it's time to stop) About GPD Xd+ stock firmware, the decision about what to include in stock firmware will be of them (if they include chinese apps, or no root, etc it's up to them)

That's a shame theysent the XD + to you via snail mail.   You think they would have given you the option for DHL or something

Smoker1

« Reply #522 on: December 03, 2017, 01:28:45 am »
The new XDS should be available quite soon. Final specs that I know are : MTK8176 (hexa core), 4 GB RAM and 32 EMMC and Android nougat. Protos are being tested and maybe I can get one of them to help them with the stock firmware  so I'll let you know If i get something.

Information from someone who has played it for a short period of time:
It will be called ? XD Plus (XD+)?, and the screen display quality will be update over the XD.

Please Confirm.......Bluetooth? :D

finalmix

« Reply #523 on: December 03, 2017, 07:07:52 am »
I  wonder if it will have a fan?

No fan on XD+.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:13:48 am by finalmix »

finalmix

« Reply #524 on: December 03, 2017, 07:09:59 am »
The new XDS should be available quite soon. Final specs that I know are : MTK8176 (hexa core), 4 GB RAM and 32 EMMC and Android nougat. Protos are being tested and maybe I can get one of them to help them with the stock firmware  so I'll let you know If i get something.

It will be called ? XD Plus (XD+)?, and the screen display quality will be update over the XD.

What/who was the source of this?

I think that he got a protype from GPD. He also tested newest MAME for PGM2 games, such as Oriental Legend 2, it runs smooth on XD+.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:19:38 am by finalmix »

finalmix

« Reply #525 on: December 03, 2017, 07:12:41 am »

Please Confirm.......Bluetooth? :D

Bluetooth is YES.

finalmix

« Reply #526 on: December 03, 2017, 07:29:18 am »
@LordDavon  , As far as I know, the XD+ or XDS as they also call it it's the same screen as XD, at least GPD told me that they only changed the SoC. But who knows, a prototype is coming so I will let you know when i get it (they sent via ordinary mail, so it will be while till I get it). If they use the same mold as XD I don't think it comes with a fan, probably just dissipation like in current XD I guess.

Anyhow, I just remember that XD+ is just an upgrade from current XD. The presumably XD2 is still in the air and maybe can be a different device (in form factor, or Soc, who knows...)

I said XD+ screen display quality will be update over XD, means when we stare at screen, our eyes are not as uncomfortable as XD were. Resolution & size remains unchanged.

crazyhorse2352

« Reply #527 on: December 03, 2017, 07:47:28 am »
 Please try the dolphin emulator and change the back end to support vulkan.Apparently its been updated, i think one video of the xd2 running wind waker will boost sales.

crazyhorse2352

« Reply #528 on: December 03, 2017, 07:51:09 am »
ooops got that wrong its ppsspp thats been updated

vcoleiro1 (OP)

« Reply #529 on: December 03, 2017, 08:33:34 am »

No fan on XD+.

Thanks for all that info.  Did this guy post any pics of the XD + that you can share here

skelton

« Reply #530 on: December 03, 2017, 08:37:01 am »
@LordDavon  , As far as I know, the XD+ or XDS as they also call it it's the same screen as XD, at least GPD told me that they only changed the SoC. But who knows, a prototype is coming so I will let you know when i get it (they sent via ordinary mail, so it will be while till I get it). If they use the same mold as XD I don't think it comes with a fan, probably just dissipation like in current XD I guess.

Anyhow, I just remember that XD+ is just an upgrade from current XD. The presumably XD2 is still in the air and maybe can be a different device (in form factor, or Soc, who knows...)

I said XD+ screen display quality will be update over XD, means when we stare at screen, our eyes are not as uncomfortable as XD were. Resolution & size remains unchanged.

I see. I find the screen of current XD good, but if they improve it, the better for us.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:41:23 am by skelton »
Retired

skelton

« Reply #531 on: December 03, 2017, 08:40:54 am »
ooops got that wrong its ppsspp thats been updated

I'll check if it supports vulkan. Theory is that it should be supported, but I suppose that will depend on power VR drivers, if they are updated, etc... Vulkan in PPSSPP is very glitchy yet though, faster than openGL but many games have glitches, I suppose it will improve with time, since vulkan in android is very premilimary yet.
I am more curious in Saturn emulation though. Dolphin will be probably too much, except for a few titles maybe...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:43:32 am by skelton »
Retired

alexei_gp

« Reply #532 on: December 03, 2017, 10:17:07 pm »
Estimate price for the GPD X+? im interesting in buying one and get ride for my crappy nvidia shield portable.

skelton

« Reply #533 on: December 03, 2017, 11:04:33 pm »
Estimate price for the GPD X+? im interesting in buying one and get ride for my crappy nvidia shield portable.

They haven't told me. I suppose a bit more expensive than current model, but no much I guess, because if they release it around 250 o 300 Us dollars then a GPD WIN is the winner for me.
Retired

sirp0p0

« Reply #534 on: December 04, 2017, 01:34:00 am »

They haven't told me. I suppose a bit more expensive than current model, but no much I guess, because if they release it around 250 o 300 Us dollars then a GPD WIN is the winner for me.
Will you be able to put photos up when you get it or has GPD asked you not to?

vcoleiro1 (OP)

« Reply #535 on: December 04, 2017, 01:43:35 am »

Will you be able to put photos up when you get it or has GPD asked you not to?

Phawx is getting one also, he is planning to do a video on it.  He's expecting it Tuesday with a video to follow sometime later this week

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
« Reply #536 on: December 04, 2017, 03:24:52 am »
They will go to distributors around middle.of January.
I'm evil.

vcoleiro1 (OP)

« Reply #537 on: December 04, 2017, 03:39:49 am »
They will go to distributors around middle.of January.

Do you know what price these will be sold for in your shop ED?

finalmix

« Reply #538 on: December 04, 2017, 04:58:32 am »

No fan on XD+.

Thanks for all that info.  Did this guy post any pics of the XD + that you can share here
No, he did not.

通过我的 G8441 上的 Tapatalk发言

Smoker1

« Reply #539 on: December 04, 2017, 06:10:02 am »
If the Specs are better than the XD 1 Version, oh hell yeah. But yeah, GPD seriously needs to go through Ebay and/or Amazon for Replacement Parts like other Sellers.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic