Author Topic: GPD XD2  (Read 64864 times)

KSS1992

Re: GPD XD2
« Reply #300 on: April 13, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »
True True thats right its not a handheld, it would be amazing if someone hacks the switch one day to play gamecube, and true I've Noticed that its like the Vita running PSP games, and Thats good that the new Dolphin runs that well and yes Dolphin has always been notorious for making the graphics new and HD quality which is awesome.  I guess I have to tweek better just cause Ill get slowdowns during Smash Brawl and some games where the audio will (for a brief second) cut out and in (smash bros melee even and Simpsons Road Rage & Simpsons Hit and Run)

Dolphin doesn't stutter or has Many glitches. Since 5.0 has improved a lot
In fact some games look better than original hardware. Anyhow, what wiiu does is.not emulation. Like PSVita running PSP games..And wiu is not a handheld (in spite of the tablet controllers)

skelton

« Reply #301 on: April 13, 2017, 04:02:54 pm »
The switch is arm so i don't think is retrocompatible with gc or wii.
An emulator should be used like dolphin, so It would run like shield TV ir maybe worse because switch uses a downcloked tegra x1
Retired

nmkd

« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2017, 09:16:55 pm »
They will use the same as xiaomi mipad3. I suppose they don't use helio x27 because of price, they probably want to release it at an affordable price like current XD. To be honest if they release an android device for emulation for 300 bucks or so, then  the GPD WIN is a better option for emulation, because it has better MAMe, GC, Saturn, etc... than Android.

I would consider XD 2 as an entry level device for emulation, like current XD, and GPD WIN as their top product,.

After watching new videos of samsung galaxy s8 play gamecube games on dolphin flawlessly (super mario sunshine, smash bros, and wind waker), I would be happy to pay ~$500 for GPD XD android device with better cpu/gpu that could emulate gamecube and ps2. I mean having playable the whole games library of gamecube, ps2, psp, nds and all the consoles before them in your pocket would be priceless!
Dude just get a GPD Win for $300...

It can play Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker.

//Sent from my glorious OnePlus X

salamandar

« Reply #303 on: April 15, 2017, 12:16:32 am »
buy Gpd win if you want to play demanding games, like gamecube and wii

but gpd xd if you want to play android game and old school game, arcade, ps1, psp. why gpd xd ? because is you game a gamer pc, usually you wont play ps1 games, but with the gpd xd, you will enjoy playing those games a lot, and i think people already explined this .

siegel17701

« Reply #304 on: April 16, 2017, 10:50:04 pm »
I just got a win. 10 minutes and the screen went black. D.O.A. Now I'm trying to send it back.

My XD has been perfect!

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

skelton

« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2017, 11:03:01 pm »
I just got a win. 10 minutes and the screen went black. D.O.A. Now I'm trying to send it back.

My XD has been perfect!

Maybe it came without battery or device went to sleep. Any device can be defective though, no matter if it's an XD or a win. I have both working like first day (my brother uses my XD now)
Retired

RoyalT17

« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2017, 11:05:32 pm »
Sleep only to never wake again....

siegel17701

« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2017, 11:47:24 pm »
Funny. I wish it was just sleeping. It was on then it froze and the green went black. Nothing I do wakes it up. Boot screen doesn't even appear.

AlucardX

« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2017, 02:53:39 am »
buy Gpd win if you want to play demanding games, like gamecube and wii

but gpd xd if you want to play android game and old school game, arcade, ps1, psp. why gpd xd ? because is you game a gamer pc, usually you wont play ps1 games, but with the gpd xd, you will enjoy playing those games a lot, and i think people already explined this .

Gpd win is an ambitious product but it's a desktop Windows on 5 inch screen, not very portable friendly, and from what I'm reading online and seeing on YouTube, to play gc/wii and ps2 at full speed requires unsafe tweaking to bios. I give them props for first ever portable windows 10 gaming device, that's quite a feat, but like GPD xd it's far from perfect. Good thing there is always room for improvement with next iterations.

golgolt

« Reply #309 on: April 26, 2017, 11:38:08 am »
the snapdragon 835 is pretty good with dolphin:
link of the Galaxy S8 running some games on dolphin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNA-DLQEmQU

GPD should release two version of the XD2, like the smachz

_ the GPD XD2 : 6 inches sideslip 720 p
MTK8176 2 + 32g  5000-6000MA  WIFI+BT
<$200
_ and the GPD XD2 PRO: 6 inches sideslip 720 p
SNAPDRAGON 835 4 + 32g  5000-6000MA  WIFI+BT
<$350/400

They can make an indiegogo to see if people want it

skelton

« Reply #310 on: April 26, 2017, 11:50:38 am »
If they release it with snapdragon 835 i would cost near 600 bucks minimum (Just check price ox xiamomi mi 6 or galaxy s8). To be honest to spend 600 bucks in an android device for emulation I just prefer GPD WIN, that also emulates GC and WII and lots of windows games that are much better than android ones.

I think GPD will look for a different target with XD 2, those that just want an affordable device. For premium devices they have their windows ones. Just my guess. They can try with indiegogo campain though, but as fas as I knw,  they already contacted Qualcomm and they demand to but an excesive amount of chips, something that Samsung or Xiaomi can do, but not a small company like GPD.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:53:53 am by skelton »
Retired

golgolt

« Reply #311 on: April 26, 2017, 12:19:26 pm »
If they release it with snapdragon 835 i would cost near 600 bucks minimum (Just check price ox xiamomi mi 6 or galaxy s8). To be honest to spend 600 bucks in an android device for emulation I just prefer GPD WIN, that also emulates GC and WII and lots of windows games that are much better than android ones.

I think GPD will look for a different target with XD 2, those that just want an affordable device. For premium devices they have their windows ones. Just my guess. They can try with indiegogo campain though, but as fas as I knw,  they already contacted Qualcomm and they demand to but an excesive amount of chips, something that Samsung or Xiaomi can do, but not a small company like GPD.

thanks for the info, i didn't know that qualcomm ask this much for their s835!

alyinsanfran

« Reply #312 on: April 26, 2017, 03:16:04 pm »
I think GPD will look for a different target with XD 2, those that just want an affordable device.

This. And the fact it's Android - ultra stable, quick and easy to set up. I'd upgrade if they offered more of the same for similar money.

dubsmachine

« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2017, 02:01:00 pm »
I would want it to run the latest version of Android too, I don't want to buy a device stuck on Android 5 when we are already on Android 7.something.

I want a device that is powerful and will last a few years.

MOFO

« Reply #314 on: May 07, 2017, 05:36:50 pm »
Make it the same physical size but add a bigger screen, can easily cut down the borders and fit a bigger screen.

Post a new topic