Author Topic: GPD XD RK3288 PSP Emulation Optimization Settings?  (Read 12467 times)

Osias (OP)

GPD XD RK3288 PSP Emulation Optimization Settings?
« on: June 04, 2016, 03:20:38 pm »
GPD XD RK3288 PSP Emulation Optimization Settings?

So as it says I can play PSP games but I am getting substantial slow down basically anytime I turn the camera in any game, soon as it catches up and as long as camera doesn't turn seems to run smooth. But go to turn and it chugs.

Is this pretty much the way it is going to be or are there some settings I can use to improve game play speed?

I searched and didn't find much on it.

thanks

sirp0p0

Re: GPD XD RK3288 PSP Emulation Optimization Settings?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 03:53:08 pm »
Here's some settings to get you started:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-devices/could-you-beat-that-psp-setting-(gow)/msg137907/#msg137907

You'll also get slightly better performance using the 1.8Ghz version of LegacyROM, with the CPU set to max and the performance governor and I think the deadline scheduler.

I also recommend getting the latest dev builds of PPSSPP since the Play version tends to be behind, but is potentially more stable although I've never had a problem and always found the dev build to be better.
http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:55:25 pm by sirp0p0 »

Osias (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 07:04:50 pm »
Thanks but still is pretty lagy at times.

Anything else i can do?

Skelton-retired

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 07:14:50 pm »
Which game are you trying?

Not all PPSSPP games will run fulll speed. (even in my shield tablet some are slow)

Activate multithread, try with unbuffered video (it helps in some games) and use lower effects if you can (bezier curves, etc..), basically all the speed hacks. there is no perfect combination for all gamesm butost run fine with default settings, Try some to see if it improves and save your config for that game. Most games run fine with default settings but some games are in even slow in a Shield Tablet, but no idea which game you are trying.

Also, as sirp0p0 suggested, using ondemand or performance governor with a CPU app helps with some games....

Also, I suppose you are bult in controls and not the gPD mapper with virtual controls enable, because that may slow down the emu a little bit too.

Retired

Osias (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 08:46:09 pm »
Gta liberty stories & the wariors

What do you mean 1.8 legacy rom?

I thought the gpd xd by defualt came rooted , cant seem to get and cpu govenors running

Skelton-retired

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 09:06:10 pm »
The GTA don't run very well in PPSSPP. There is an Android port though which runs well.

If you want to use stock firmware and just want root, install the supersu.zip from this post:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-devices/lets-talk-xd-issues/

Just download it, extract it and place update.zip in your sdcard, it will ask you to update and will root your device

The legacyROM is a custom firmware:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-devices/(rom)-legacyrom-kitkat-for-gpd-xd/
Retired

roneyizpie

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 03:27:12 pm »
While using the Legacy rom, I've noticed that all games I've tested work really well with Frameskipping set to 1, and ticking the Auto frameskip option. The only game that is giving me jittery problems even with Legacy and frameskipping is Disgaea, and I'm still working on that to get it running as good as I can.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 03:30:28 pm »
I never tried disgaea, but most games i play run perfect with frameskip 0. but probably i play different games. Though even tekken 6 is almost perfect at 1.8 GHz performance playing a little bit with th settings .

Some games will be slow, like gtas, gow or Dante infern?, but those games are not eeven full speed in a tegra k1, so i think ppsspp runs quite good gwnerally speaking in this device.
Retired

nopdonthongdee

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 04:07:48 am »
use Root Booster set speed boost

Graphics
Mode: Buffered rendering
Simulate block transfer effects: [ ]
Frameskipping: 0
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60 (speeds up GoW): [X]
Alternative speed (in %, 0=unlimited): 0
Postprocessing shader: OFF
Rendering resolution: 2xPSP
Display resolution (HW scaler): Native device resolution
Mipmapping: [X]
Hardware transform: [X]
Software skinning: [X]
Vertex cache: [X]
Lazy texture caching (speedup): [X]
Retain changed textures (sometimes slower): [ ]
Disable slower effect (speedup): [X]
Spline/Bezier curves quality: Medium
Upscale level: OFF
Texture filtering: Auto
Screen scaling filter: Linear
Timer hack: [ ]
Disable alpha test (PowerVR speedup, artifacts): [ ]
Disable stencil test: [ ]
Force depth write: [ ]
Texture coord speedhack (speedup): [X]

Osias (OP)

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 06:12:33 am »
Thanks for all the help, does seem better. Instructions for installing the firmware?

Got root and cpu govenor working the firmware im a little iffy on.

jamespoo1

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 03:37:00 am »
hi im trying to play Sonic Rivals and im on LegacyROM 1.4 original rom and get like 3-5fps its so bad

Post a new topic