Author Topic: GPD XD VIDEO Review vs N3ds XL, PPSSPP, ARCADE, Farcry 4 gamestream..  (Read 85799 times)

kristianity77

Re: GPD XD VIDEO Review vs N3ds XL, PPSSPP, ARCADE, Farcry 4 gamestream..
« Reply #240 on: August 23, 2015, 02:58:59 pm »
So is the Dpad broken on this then as per the front page? (bottom left diagonal) or does this appear to be an isolated incident?  Anyone yet that has one clarify the situation?
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

SONY

• !
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2015, 03:27:44 pm »
So is the Dpad broken on this then as per the front page? (bottom left diagonal) or does this appear to be an isolated incident?  Anyone yet that has one clarify the situation?

See below.

The DPAD diagonals are ok.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-devices/anyone-got-their-gpd-xd-shipped-yet-post-here!/30/
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

logseman

« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2015, 07:34:41 am »
Could a moderator make this thread a sticky?

eragon2890

« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2015, 09:35:04 am »
So, just got it!

looks and feels really really solid! And it's shiny/looks great! Controls feel reallllyyy good! (altough I haven't tested them yet).
Screen is undamaged. There is absolutely no hinge sound! NOTHING! It feels really solid, no hinge sound. Also, you can still lock it into every position you want, BUT, there are two positions now at which it stops for a second until you apply more pressure - this combined with the lack of sound makes me thing they went for some combination of what the 3ds has and what they had at first.

Put it in the charger, so it's charging now. (oh yeah it has a charging led and power indicator. It really feels more premium then q9 XD)

The box was also really profesional. The Q9 came in a brown cardboard box, this one was white and shiny with everything in separate components! There was even a specsheet included and  a warranty card in a separate component. The handheld was placed in a size-fitting component with protective cover.

Will test it later today, I really hopy everything works. Altough I don't know, I don't see anything telling me I have to charge the battery for x hours before first use...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:37:35 am by eragon2890 »

vcoleiro1

« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2015, 09:40:36 am »
So, just got it!

looks and feels really really solid! And it's shiny/looks great! Controls feel reallllyyy good! (altough I haven't tested them yet).
Screen is undamaged. There is absolutely no hinge sound! NOTHING! It feels really solid, no hinge sound. Also, you can still lock it into every position you want, BUT, there are two positions now at which it stops for a second until you apply more pressure - this combined with the lack of sound makes me thing they went for some combination of what the 3ds has and what they had at first.

Put it in the charger, so it's charging now. (oh yeah it has a charging led and power indicator. It really feels more premium then q9 XD)

The box was also really profesional. The Q9 came in a brown cardboard box, this one was white and shiny with everything in separate components! There was even a specsheet included and  a warranty card in a separate component. The handheld was placed in a size-fitting component with protective cover.

Will test it later today, I really hopy everything works. Altough I don't know, I don't see anything telling me I have to charge the battery for x hours before first use...

Would be great if you can do a battery life test from full charge. No one has done that yet.

eragon2890

« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2015, 10:00:38 am »
So, just got it!

Would be great if you can do a battery life test from full charge. No one has done that yet.

Sure! I just put it on because I didn't see any warning about charging it to full first. so later XD After I have played with it :P

I can say this!

The screen ... is fucking brilliant! And super bright! Super mario world looks like a charm!

The speakers literally, at max volume, sound as good as my (cheap but still) sennheiser headphone. Theyre awesome!

It's ergonomic and all the controls are reachable.

At least for super mario world the dpad works fine. Gonna test all buttons now. Doki-doki!

eragon2890

« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2015, 10:41:09 am »
Okay, here is my first impression after some more gaming:

(First of all a tip: you can actually switch between a ps3 and an xbox 360 joystick driver!!)

If Jesus Christ had been a gaming handheld, this would be the second coming of the lord. It's that good. Seriously.

Emulator performance is great (and screen refresh rate very close to 60 - 59.21 for those who really mind)

Ergonomics are great!

I just watched an episode of wizard barristers and omg it looks so freaking good. Really very very good. And bright. I test at the window and couldn't even see the sunlight reflect in it. at all. It also sounds great - those speakers are really really good.

All the controls werk superbly well. This includes the dpad and it's diagonals.

Wifi is good (constant 16-20 mbps download, 18 mbps upload)

It's built like a tank. And no more hinge sound. And looks good.

preliminary rating: ten get-wrecked new 3ds XL's / 10. :D

Will post my experience with modern combat 4 when it finishes downloading in a few minutes. :D

And then san andreas. And gamestreaming. OMG!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:47:33 am by eragon2890 »

­

« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2015, 11:10:44 am »
Sounds good, looking forward to your videos. It's a good sign they went for the hinge peg lock instead of the friction lock, although I kind of feel bad for nielo360 because he kind of got boned with the inferior design.

The frame rate is suboptimal and doesn't fit an emulation device. We need a precise 60hz unless the emulators are coded to fit other framerates (they aren't).
In the long run, you'll get audio/video desyncs, and it's crucial they'll fix it with the next firmware update.

Any thoughts about the analogs? Does the d-pad work equally well in all directions?

skelton

« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2015, 11:35:41 am »
How did you test screen refresh rate? Using an emu or with a different method? I say because Broglia emus have an option, but not very precise. For instance, in q9 sometimes it reports 59.6, other times 60.8, etc.... However, screen is indeed 60 hz and emulation is buttery smooth.

Try it with this app and see what reports:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.displaytester

Though the best way to check refresh rate in RK is via dmesg and look for lcdc values.
Retired

eragon2890

« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2015, 11:37:34 am »
Gamestreaming works pretty good! Some lag sometimes, but can play just cause 2 quite comfortably D: Wouldn't do it at home if I can also sit at pc *maybe* (maybe I would) but definitely great for break hours at university!

Dpad works great in all 8 directions, yes. Gamepad tester says that buttons are sticky after you have pressed a diagonal (after you push both left and down for example sometimes in gamepad tester up keeps being active) but simply testing it by gaming told me that's bullshit. It works brilliantly, fluently and smoothly (tested with macross game for snes, super difficult and diagonals required often).

The joysticks are work of modern art. They are absolutely great. Playing just cause 2 proved that XD no deadzone issues or issues with the range either.

Gonna play modern combat 4 know!

eragon2890

« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2015, 11:40:38 am »
How did you test screen refresh rate? Using an emu or with a different method? I say because Broglia emus have an option, but not very precise. For instance, in q9 sometimes it reports 59.6, other times 60.8, etc.... However, screen is indeed 60 hz and emulation is buttery smooth.

Try it with this app and see what reports:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.displaytester

Though the best way to check refresh rate in RK is via dmesg and look for lcdc values.

you are right. It's 60.01 hz. Also no banding and good colours, great viewing angles... great screen!

sphinx

« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2015, 11:45:39 am »
So, just got it!

Good for you eragon2890 :)
Mine makes hinge sound when it is on the 90 degree position and trying to open or close it!

eragon2890

« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2015, 11:51:24 am »
So, just got it!

Good for you eragon2890 :)
Mine makes hinge sound when it is on the 90 degree position and trying to open or close it!

Strange! but given how god-awesome they are for the rest, I figure it?s not a problem XD

It's so damn great!

eragon2890

« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2015, 11:52:37 am »
Playing modern combat 4 on it... looks great... solid 60 fps... great analogs... only shame is that like on q9, it 'switches' a and b buttons so b is switch weapon and a reload... only one other game I know of which does this is san andreas. But it still plays like a dream!

stan1

« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2015, 11:57:06 am »
eragon did screen protector come preinstalled? Did you buy it from willgoo?

eragon2890

« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2015, 11:57:27 am »
I can say that at max brightness, with wifi on all the time, in an hour of gamestreaming, snes emulation, and modern combat 4, it has lost about 15% battery life.

so those claims of 6 - 10 hours definitely seem like they were true!

eragon2890

« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2015, 11:58:07 am »
eragon did screen protector come preinstalled? Did you buy it from willgoo?

No, geekbuying. Don't think it has one, but it looks great, solid, and device will be closed most of the time anyway...

stan1

« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2015, 12:04:09 pm »
Bought mine through gb too but waiting for it to be sent. Does yours stay cool like nielos? Tons of crapware on first boot to uninstall?

eragon2890

« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2015, 12:08:31 pm »
Bought mine through gb too but waiting for it to be sent. Does yours stay cool like nielos? Tons of crapware on first boot to uninstall?

Very cool, and I like happy chick so almost no crapware. If you don't then it's easy to remove them. :D

Oh and it comes prerooted like their older products :D

SONY

• !
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2015, 12:50:52 pm »
So, superuser will allow us to delete any of the bloatware inside?
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)