• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD XD - Red 64GB - Anyone interested?  (Read 21355 times)

Skelton-retired

Re: GPD XD - Red 64GB - Anyone interested?
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2015, 10:12:15 am »
To be honest, my model is just a 16 GB and I have more than enough, I use a microSD for almost everything, and I only play a couple of android games.
Retired

lemmywinks

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 10:43:48 am »
Well I've ordered one.

GPD currently have a $10 (or ?6.71) coupon, however the Alipay system isn't like Paypal and there was no way to use it at checkout so unfortunately I paid full price. I've messaged them requesting to cancel it so I can re-order but I don't know how good their customer service is, I'll update on here if they actually answer questions or not.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 01:36:12 pm »
Wait! It might take ages for you to receive it, right? :(
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

lemmywinks

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »
Another 8 days processing time apparently which is ok for me, I'm not in any mad rush to get it as I have a Gameboy, DS and 3DS backlog to play through! I've funded this by repairing and selling faulty consoles and it will have only cost me around ?60 by the time the last one is sold so the price isn't a massive concern.

For anybody wanting to use the $10 coupon with Aliexpress you need to click on the coupon and then select something from the GPD store rather than using it at checkout like eBay/PayPal. You need to use a PC for this as I couldn't do it on my phone, checkout with Alipay is really quick too so make sure everything is right before clicking ok as there wasn't a confirmation screen like with eBay/PayPal.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:

need2burn

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 06:11:02 pm »
One of these companies should come up with a dual micro SD solution, or perhaps a small storage spot for multiple extra cards. I personally have a PSP-3000 with an adapter that gets me 2 micro sd cards for a total of 128gb. That thing is full as it is, and that can't emulate everything these new devices can... especially when we're gonna probably see some devices soon running PS2/dreamcast/gamecube well.

Personally, I'd love to see a Windows-based pocket game system with a badass mobile card like the new X1. Windows just because emulation seems to be more mature and plus you have a huge backlog of other PC games. Idk, kinda rambled off-topic a bit.

­

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 08:55:58 pm »
If you're going to need this amount of storage, you're better off with cloud storage. Just open an account on Mega and upload some of your data there, that should give you 50 GB more than you currently have with no obligation what-so-ever.

But if you want a serious mobile gaming machine, nothing you want can be gotten at the size you're asking for, we're still not there - even for Gamecube. But, that's not saying it isn't possible - seeing as streaming is maturing, you can pair a device like a GPD XD with a gaming laptop that can be in your backpack or somewhere else. That will allow you both greater portability and power, but will be very expensive, and not as portable as just a handheld.

retrodoodoo

• * Confirmed Reseller
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 04:47:32 am »
Finally this limited edition is coming near! Only 100pcs for pre-sell: http://www.willgoo.com/presell-gpd-xd-red-64g-decals-hand-strap-p-648.html

Estimated time for us to get it is at the end of this month. ;)

Pictures are offered by GPD official:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:49:17 am by willgoo »

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 07:17:58 am »
O
M
G

Thanks for the update willgoo :)

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

lemmywinks

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 09:23:52 am »
Well mine is on its way, got shipping confirmation this morning. Just a quick note to AliExpress buyers - you might want to extend the buyer protection time as this was shipped a while after ordering leaving under a month for their protection scheme. I've requested to extend mine for 7 days which should cover it.
Handhelds:
PC:

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 12:25:26 pm »
So, what's the total now after you extended it?

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

lemmywinks

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2015, 02:24:01 pm »
Should be 7 days extra on top of almost a month, according to GPD it'd being sent via courier now anyway so I may not need the extra time.
Handhelds:
PC:

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2015, 02:42:48 pm »
That's really good. A huge peace of mind for you.

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

lemmywinks

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2015, 03:17:45 pm »
Well they have to accept it first! Mind you they requested an extension on shipping so I can't see why they wouldn't, should have it within a week anyway.
Handhelds:
PC:

tonyp1987

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2015, 05:18:15 pm »
I cannot wait to get mine because I'm gonna use mine for nes,snes,n64,gb/gbc/gba,ps1,psp,dreamcast and android games. I love my vita but this is gonna be my new travel partner because I love the style and how portable it is and what it can do. So far the only thing I saw I might not like about it is the clicking shoulder buttons but other than that I think I'm gonna love it.

lemmywinks

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 06:19:38 pm »
Yeah one of the reasons I sold my G5A was that it wasn't portable enough, the screen wasn't adequate for watching video and there wasn't much storage even with a 64gb MicroSD so having original Android games were a compromise. The XD seems to solve all these problems and I love the clamshell design and XL size.
Handhelds:
PC:

tonyp1987

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2015, 10:34:59 pm »
I cannot wait to get it because the first game I'm gonna play is Zelda oot n64. I'm a huge Zelda fan can wait to play most of all the Zelda games on the gpd xd besides the GameCube and wii versions. It's a list of games I'm gonna play when I get it from Zelda,Mario,tekken, dead or alive, dbz, shooter games and rpg games. I'm to excited to wait but hopefully I can get the money soon to get it.

lemmywinks

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2015, 02:49:00 pm »
It's arrived!

Got rid of all the crap and changed the launcher to a usable one now
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:22:52 pm by lemmywinks »
Handhelds:
PC:

tonyp1987

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 06:16:33 pm »
It looks so beautiful hope you enjoy and hope you post some gameplay of it :)

Dual

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2015, 06:45:21 pm »
Nice and shiny. Looks like they put a thick coating of paint to make up the bad paint jobs on the first run.

lemmywinks

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2015, 07:20:32 pm »
Yup it's nice, will do a family shot tomorrow with the XD, 3DS XL and the DSi XL.

Seems really well built apart from the hinge slightly pushing the plastic on the right trigger when it opens, if this doesn't ease up over time I'll open it up and sort it.

Screen is lovely and very responsive, buttons are nice especially the clicky triggers and the dpad is very good. Have no idea where the complaints about the dpad come from as I find it very easy to use. Only used the sticks fleetingly with N64 but they feel good.

Screen seems to be under 60hz though so hopefully this gets sorted in a firmware update, might already have been fixed. Should make a nice gaming portable and a pocket Kodi machine.
Handhelds:
PC:

Post a new topic