• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD XD - Red 64GB - Anyone interested?  (Read 21291 times)

eragon2890

Re: GPD XD - Red 64GB - Anyone interested?
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 04:07:24 pm »
which official shops ? The one on aliexpress run directly by GPD seems to have it in stock, with a discount plus a free sticker of your choice (if you want) with every order, in fact : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/GPD-XD-RK3288-Quad-Core-2G-64G-Support-128GB-TF-card-5-IPS-Handheld-Game-Console/1281164_32477172748.html

Their feedback is very good, and so are my experiences with them plus other people on this forum (I believe it was @LemonWinks ? ) so I can recommend you to buy it from there :)

Unless they say it's out of stock off course. But it would seem to be available.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy from geekbuying!! If you get a working one it's fine and they're cheap, but if there's any issue, you can apparently drop dead as far as they are concerned... just a warning.

lemmywinks

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2015, 05:57:33 pm »
I would hold off on buying from the GPD store, they might not be as reliable as they first seemed. They asked me to send mine back due to a fault and offered to cover return postage, so far they haven't covered return postage and ignored my last message requesting it.

They usually message back the next morning without fail (UK time) and I got no reply to my last message, wish I'd have just kept the faulty one now as trying to sort customs fees out with DHL (who invoiced me after I'd already returned it) and trying to get a replacement from GPD has been too much like hard work. I had hoped dealing with the GPD directly would be better but so far they aren't much different to any other reseller, the only difference is that if I'd been ignored by Geekbuying I would actually have a working XD. Currently I'm ?168 down (plus ?7 insurance I paid on the return postage) and I have nothing to show for it.

Also if anybody from the UK wants one of these then get the seller to mark the value as under ?135 as otherwise you get an extra customs charge on top of VAT and DHL's fee, this is why the charges on the 64gb version have been so high.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

RoyalT17

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2015, 12:40:19 am »
Memory is unified

Thanks, are all the models unified? I just got the GPD Q9 and ended up getting rid of it because of the memory. If the 32gb is unified that may be all I need!

Stremon

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2015, 01:08:14 am »
which official shops ? The one on aliexpress run directly by GPD seems to have it in stock, with a discount plus a free sticker of your choice (if you want) with every order, in fact : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/GPD-XD-RK3288-Quad-Core-2G-64G-Support-128GB-TF-card-5-IPS-Handheld-Game-Console/1281164_32477172748.html

Their feedback is very good, and so are my experiences with them plus other people on this forum (I believe it was @LemonWinks ? ) so I can recommend you to buy it from there :)

Unless they say it's out of stock off course. But it would seem to be available.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy from geekbuying!! If you get a working one it's fine and they're cheap, but if there's any issue, you can apparently drop dead as far as they are concerned... just a warning.
Indeed, that's the one I contacted, they are out of stock for both 32GB and 64GB models :(

Stremon

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2015, 01:11:59 am »
I would hold off on buying from the GPD store, they might not be as reliable as they first seemed. They asked me to send mine back due to a fault and offered to cover return postage, so far they haven't covered return postage and ignored my last message requesting it.

They usually message back the next morning without fail (UK time) and I got no reply to my last message, wish I'd have just kept the faulty one now as trying to sort customs fees out with DHL (who invoiced me after I'd already returned it) and trying to get a replacement from GPD has been too much like hard work. I had hoped dealing with the GPD directly would be better but so far they aren't much different to any other reseller, the only difference is that if I'd been ignored by Geekbuying I would actually have a working XD. Currently I'm ?168 down (plus ?7 insurance I paid on the return postage) and I have nothing to show for it.

Also if anybody from the UK wants one of these then get the seller to mark the value as under ?135 as otherwise you get an extra customs charge on top of VAT and DHL's fee, this is why the charges on the 64gb version have been so high.
Did you use the official stores on aliexpress or another official store?
Anyway here in Japan i don't have any problems of sending fees or custom fees usually, and aliexpress has a good buyers protection system :)

Skelton-retired

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2015, 08:07:29 am »
Memory is unified

Thanks, are all the models unified? I just got the GPD Q9 and ended up getting rid of it because of the memory. If the 32gb is unified that may be all I need!

Yes, all models use same firmware and is unified in all of them.
Retired

lemmywinks

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2015, 08:22:42 am »
Anyway here in Japan i don't have any problems of sending fees or custom fees usually, and aliexpress has a good buyers protection system :)

The AliExpress store.

Unfortunately the buyers' protection isn't worth shit when it takes two weeks to arrive (pre-order) and then GPD take a further two weeks to request a return, the buyer protection is long gone. I asked GPD for an extension and they refused.

So far I have no XD, no refund and it has cost me money to send it back so while you may have had no problems with them please appreciate that they have lied to me about covering return shipping so my experiences are different.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2015, 03:35:10 am »
WTF!!!??????? That's awfully scummish of GPD to treat their good/loyal customers like that. Bunch of liars, they are!!
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

RoyalT17

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2015, 05:57:47 am »

The AliExpress store.

Unfortunately the buyers' protection isn't worth shit when it takes two weeks to arrive (pre-order) and then GPD take a further two weeks to request a return, the buyer protection is long gone. I asked GPD for an extension and they refused.

So far I have no XD, no refund and it has cost me money to send it back so while you may have had no problems with them please appreciate that they have lied to me about covering return shipping so my experiences are different.

Well I was about to ask if I can trust Aliexpress... I guess I got my answer  ??? :(

Any Idea where I can order one from, or do I wait? I think I can trust eBay, but I will have to overpay.

WTF!!!! I really want one of there things. Amazon has them but the are estimated between Dec 22 and Jan 17. Might as well wait til the next year. Price will probably drop.

SONY (OP)

• !
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2015, 10:07:50 am »
eBay is the only way.
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2015, 10:43:12 am »
I recently purchased a blue, 32gb unit through ebay & it was a very smooth transaction. My advice is to ask the correct questions to the seller prior to purchasing... for example:

A) Is the physical unit defective in any way?
B) Is the package complete with the original manufactured items?
C) Why are you selling the unit? (to discover if there's an odd reason the seller is attempting to make the sale)
D) Any major scratches/dents/cracks in the screen/deformities with the unit?

Again, if you ask these kinds of questions & the seller responds with positive remarks about the unit, you should NOT have any reason to worry. Remember, it's ebay... if after the sale you receive the unit & it is in fact defective, you can open a case to dispute the sale & ebay should be able to reimburse you for the sale, etc.

It's wise to ask those kinds of questions above so that you cover yourself in the event you receive a faulty unit. Also, Ebay sellers typically post good, quality photos of the items they are selling. Make sure to look closely at the pics & zoom in to verify there aren't any blemishes on or around the unit.

Finally, be sure to ask these questions quickly as others around the internet may be interested in a BUY IT NOW option. Once you receive your positive remarks back from the seller & the pictures look fine to you, go for the purchase. Do NOT buy the unit any higher than a sale price of $150... that's the price they go for new these days.    :P

Good luck!

lemmywinks

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2015, 11:00:23 am »
Well apparently the refund is being processed, still no answer about return shipping though after asking repeatedly so it looks like GPD lie just as much as other stores. AliExpress deal with the refund so AFAIK it will just be for the initial cost of the console.

Pretty pissed off as if I had known it would cost me money to return I would have just kept it. I've had GPD consoles before and have always recommended them to people, not doing that any more.
Handhelds:
PC:

Stremon

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2015, 02:07:29 pm »
Well apparently the refund is being processed, still no answer about return shipping though after asking repeatedly so it looks like GPD lie just as much as other stores. AliExpress deal with the refund so AFAIK it will just be for the initial cost of the console.

Pretty pissed off as if I had known it would cost me money to return I would have just kept it. I've had GPD consoles before and have always recommended them to people, not doing that any more.
I understand that you are pissed off, I would be pissed too if I were you.

But let me ask you one question. You said you buy it from the AliExpress store. Which one?
I mean you can buy the GPD products in many different stores in AliEpress website, including two official GPD stores.

Concerning your return fees, it is sad but that's basically how any online company works (especially chinese ones).
I mean even on amazon, on local stores in your own country, you will almost never get the return shipping fees back in any way. That's rarely included in the warranty.
By buying a cheap product from a chinese shop, you understand the risks and all. If you don't want any of those trouble, you should try to find a local shop instead.

Also you said the AliEpress buyer protection system is worthless, well you got your refund thanks to that system don't you?
Do you think you would even get a refund of your device on a website without a proper buyer protection system??

From my experience, AliExpress is the best and most secure website to buy those kind of chinese products, you just have to be extra careful and knowing the risks of buying in china.

Despite the fact I had to send back my first defective GPD XD too, I still think GPD is one of the best chinese company for android products.
I mean beside them making really good products (especially if you consider the cheap price), how many chinese company actually listen for their customers when there is a software or hardware issue, and release a fix asap? They are the only one I know doing that.
I just don't think that people managing the shops and the actually GPD company are the same people.

lemmywinks

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2015, 02:48:47 pm »
I understand that you are pissed off, I would be pissed too if I were you.

But let me ask you one question. You said you buy it from the AliExpress store. Which one?
I mean you can buy the GPD products in many different stores in AliEpress website, including two official GPD stores.

Concerning your return fees, it is sad but that's basically how any online company works (especially chinese ones).
I mean even on amazon, on local stores in your own country, you will almost never get the return shipping fees back in any way. That's rarely included in the warranty.
By buying a cheap product from a chinese shop, you understand the risks and all. If you don't want any of those trouble, you should try to find a local shop instead.

Also you said the AliEpress buyer protection system is worthless, well you got your refund thanks to that system don't you?
Do you think you would even get a refund of your device on a website without a proper buyer protection system??

From my experience, AliExpress is the best and most secure website to buy those kind of chinese products, you just have to be extra careful and knowing the risks of buying in china.

Despite the fact I had to send back my first defective GPD XD too, I still think GPD is one of the best chinese company for android products.
I mean beside them making really good products (especially if you consider the cheap price), how many chinese company actually listen for their customers when there is a software or hardware issue, and release a fix asap? They are the only one I know doing that.
I just don't think that people managing the shops and the actually GPD company are the same people.

I bought it from the GPD store, the return address was GPD themselves not an external company. Also if you read the post I wrote then you will see that they requested a return and offered to cover return shipping up to $30 (it was around $28), since then they have received the item and the refund is processing yet they avoid questions abut the return shipping despite offering to pay it. Where I come from that's called lying, so if they continue to do this they are liars. If they do refund the shipping then I will mention it on here.

Also if I had bought and returned it with a different seller then I would have already got my refund as I would have paid with Paypal. With Alipay they hang on to your money (earning them interest) for 7-10 business days. I would be in exactly the same situation as I am now, only I would actually have the ?140 back instead of it being in a high interest account belonging to Alipay....

I would never have sent it back if they hadn't offered to cover return shipping as the fault wasn't major, to be honest I would have been happy with ?20 partial refund which is pretty much the cost of posting it back.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:17:32 pm by lemmywinks »
Handhelds:
PC: