Author Topic: GPD XD+ PS4 Remote Play Optimization  (Read 3223 times)

Methos (OP)

GPD XD+ PS4 Remote Play Optimization
« on: October 23, 2019, 04:24:59 pm »
So I recently installed cleanROM on my GPD XD+ and successfully have PS4 Remote Play working, however the latency is quite large. The options within the app to reduce video quality (for better performance) don't seem to help enough as there's still at least a 1 second delay to input. Any ideas how to reduce that?

foxsevent

Re: GPD XD+ PS4 Remote Play Optimization
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 05:33:44 pm »
Sadly the only option is to connect both the PS4 and XD+ to a 5Ghz router, i dunno if the OG PS4 supports 5GHz if not you gotta use cable, if your router doesn't support 5GHz then you're screwed.

Methos (OP)

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 06:07:51 pm »
I've had them both on the 5Ghz wifi from the start with this issue. I'm just hoping to narrow down what could be the cause of the delay and what the work-around is. I can play some games that don't require a quick response okay, but most fast-paced games are not enjoyable in that state.

iball

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 06:19:45 pm »
I've had them both on the 5Ghz wifi from the start with this issue. I'm just hoping to narrow down what could be the cause of the delay and what the work-around is. I can play some games that don't require a quick response okay, but most fast-paced games are not enjoyable in that state.
Wire the ps4 into your router or switch.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic