Author Topic: GPD XD Plus — CleanROM 2.05 Freezes/Crashes  (Read 2842 times)

philexile (OP)

GPD XD Plus — CleanROM 2.05 Freezes/Crashes
« on: November 04, 2019, 01:50:15 am »
Hello,

I recently picked up a GPD XD Plus and installed CleanROM 2.05. Unfortunately, I?ve not been having very good luck with it so far.

The Settings (or any app) will stop responding soon after launch, eventually causing the unit to reboot, but loop, on the ANDROID logo screen.

I managed to download Retroarch from the Google Play Store, but that immediately freezes.

Does anyone have any idea what these issues could be or know of a possible fix?

Thank you

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

Re: GPD XD Plus — CleanROM 2.05 Freezes/Crashes
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 02:08:50 am »
I would attempt to reflash. Where did you download CleanROM 2.0.5 from?

Odd that kind of behavior occurs; try re-reflashing & reboot. Install the spflash version instead of twrp method.

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 02:10:22 am »
Also, the latest CleanROM version that is up to date is 2.1 off of Black-Seraph page on Patreon... subscription based though.

philexile (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 02:41:06 am »
Thanks, I'm trying 2.1 now. I initially tried 2.09 (I don't care about the PS4 stuff) via TWRP, but that didn't work. Flashing with spflash now, so I'll let you know how it goes......

philexile (OP)

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 02:53:07 am »
Same BS ? nothing is responding. It seems to start off okay, but then the apps will just stop dead in their tracks.

philexile (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 03:16:17 am »
I may have figured it out. As a guess I disabled my wi-fi and I noticed - no issues with apps not responded. I went through and disabled a few that I thought maybe gooding things up: Gmail, Calendar, etc. It's possible Gmail was downloading my messages, and there are a LOT.

In any case, I don't need those apps on this so I'm proceed and see how things go and report back. Very odd though. My old GPD didn't hang up in this way.

Thanks again

Post a new topic