Author Topic: GPD XD Games problem-solution List!  (Read 4609 times)

SynbiosZero (OP)

GPD XD Games problem-solution List!
« on: January 04, 2016, 10:58:17 pm »
Hello, here are the games that doesn?t work normally and found a solution, for those of you with the same problem 8)
Maybe we can share some solutions and make this list bigger! :P

Castle of Illusion (Google Play)

When installed throught Google Play, it doesnt show in-game graphics (Impossible to play)
SOLUTION - Install it thought Happy Chick - It resolves graphics AND make game compatible with gamepad 8)

Asphalt 8: Airborne

In lastest update, game doesnt show graphics (or maybe its a firmware problem, I tested it on 3.4.0)
SOLUTION - Install Gltools throught Google Play. Set this option for Asphalt 8:
- Enable custom settings for this app
- Optimize GLSL shaders
- Use fake CPU info
- Use fake GPU info
- Use a template (SGX 544MP)
Then use Asphalt 8 normally :P It should work now (remember that gltools needs root)

Classicboy (multiemulator)

It doesnt open app, closes giving an error screen
SOLUTION - I updated from 3.3.9 to 3.4.0 thought RKBatchTool (PC), and suddenly app started to work. I dont know if its fixed in the firmware or some corrupted files in my system... Updating from PC deletes everything, so it might be the solution...
This multiemulator has a very good SegaCD compatibility, for those of you wondering why I use it 8)

Bloo Kid 2

It doesnt open, giving an error screen
SOLUTION - Doesnt found a solution yet :-*

Horizon Chase - World Tour

It doesnt recognize gamepad correctly - Always braking in-game, even when you select screen buttons or gyroscope

Sonic Racing Transformed

Its marked on Google Play as "Not Compatible", only appears if you have it on your Download list... but you can download it with "Market Helper", spoofing the device as anyone else :P. Game downloads, but gives you back to home screen :'(

If you know a solution for a game to work, please put it here :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:19:11 pm by SynbiosZero »

supersonic

Re: GPD XD Games problem-solution List!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 04:19:05 am »
Bloo Kid 2 works now.

Also the Google Play Store version of Castle of Illusion works if you set it to the Tegra 3 profile in GLTools.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:10:46 pm by supersonic »
GPD XD 32GB Blue - LegacyROM Null 1.8 | iPad 2 32GB - iOS 7 JB/iPhone SE 32GB - iOS 11 | Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie 4.1 | Nintendo 3DS XL Black

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 06:31:24 am »
Just a suggestion: My guess is that the majority of people use LegacyRom. Maybe use that as the base rom or start point. Might even eliminate most of the problems with emu/roms.

Dunno I may be wrong.

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 03:22:52 pm »
Just a suggestion: My guess is that the majority of people use LegacyRom. Maybe use that as the base rom or start point. Might even eliminate most of the problems with emu/roms.

Dunno I may be wrong.

I've been using Legacy ROM since the first day i got my GD. The issue with Asphalt 8 will happen with legacy or stock rom. The same applies to Castle Of Illusion. Bloo Kid 2 was fixed after a new version was released. Some of these issues aren't related to the firmware and need some external solution like GLTools to be fixed.

supersonic

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 04:09:48 pm »
I've been trying different GLTools profiles with Sonic Racing Transformed but it still crashes no matter what, would love a solution for that game.
GPD XD 32GB Blue - LegacyROM Null 1.8 | iPad 2 32GB - iOS 7 JB/iPhone SE 32GB - iOS 11 | Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie 4.1 | Nintendo 3DS XL Black

skelton

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 04:50:50 pm »
As far as I remember Asphalt 8 worked out of the box with my rom without GLTools, unless I am wrong, it's been a long time since I played it. Anyhow, using GLtools work too.

About the issues on first page, for Horizon chase selecting null mode in gamepad app and using the gpd mapper made the trick, unless the game has been updated and is no longer needed, which I don't know.
For Castle of Ilusion, using new mali drivers work or a stock rom later than 3.4.2, but then uoyabause works badly, so I think it's better jist use GLtools with that game.
No idea about the other games. The Sonic racing game also was broken in my shield tablet, so probably just a poor programmed game.

There are a couple of games that need Lollipop that won't work on XD either, like titan Quest or Don't Starve or F12016. I don't understand why they need Lollipop though. For those games unless GPD update to Android M there is nothing to do, but I doubt they do (and me neither before someone asks)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:55:36 pm by skelton »
Retired

Alphos2000

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 10:33:18 pm »
Classicboy works with Sega CD games? Are you sure you are not mistaken? In Google Play it doesn't says anything like that in description and last version is 2.0.3, not 3.4.0

azwel2

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 01:13:16 am »
I use classicboy for sega cd.  MD.emu doesnt play a lot of games

skelton

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 09:35:49 am »
For segacd the best one is G?nesis plus gx from retroarch.
Retired

miroli

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 10:36:13 am »
Classicboy works with Sega CD games? Are you sure you are not mistaken? In Google Play it doesn't says anything like that in description and last version is 2.0.3, not 3.4.0

I have just tried with Devastator on my phone. This game doesn't start with MD.emu, but runs great with Classicboy.
All you need is just rename CD bios files to bios_CD_J(U)(E).bin to run Sega CD games.

2peteshakur

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 03:53:20 pm »
Asphalt 8: Airborne

In lastest update, game doesnt show graphics (or maybe its a firmware problem, I tested it on 3.4.0)
SOLUTION - Install Gltools throught Google Play. Set this option for Asphalt 8:
- Enable custom settings for this app
- Optimize GLSL shaders
- Use fake CPU info
- Use fake GPU info
- Use a template (SGX 544MP)
Then use Asphalt 8 normally :P It should work now (remember that gltools needs root)

cheers, just got maself a xd recently and when i started the game realised the car gfx were missng lol - 1st time i had issue with this as i had no issues running on s4 a while ago. i never had any issues like this with ios titles. just glad i can play the game again without anymore issues! :)

ivanlm

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 02:00:45 am »
Hi!
Please, can SynbiosZero or someone else share the Castle of Illusion apk downloaded from Happy Chick? I can't install Happy Chick on the device I'm testing.
The Castle of Illusion apk from Happy Chick is probably the v1.1.3 (Android TV version), the only version with gamepad support.
I'm trying to figure it out how to enable gamepad support for this game on a X96 Android TV box. I installed the v1.1.3 version, but the game opens with the touch layout.
So, I need the version from Happy Chick, to compare with mine, and check if the apk from Happy Chick has any mod to force the gamepad support. I've already have the obb file "main.125.com.disney.castleofillusion_goo.obb".
SynbiosZero, please can you share your GPD XD build.prop file content, so I could check if it's spoofing another device, like NVIDIA Shield TV or Amazon Fire TV. Then, I could discover if that's what triggers the gamepad layout on the game and edit my build.prop to do the same.
Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:03:44 am by ivanlm »

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 12:34:38 pm »
Space Marshals 2: The game starts just fine. When i quit the game and start again there's a lot of black boxes which makes it impossible to play. I've never seen anything like this. I tried a few profiles using GLTools, but it's still the same. This is how it looks when i first install, i tried from playstore and also sideloading. Got the same results:

Everything looks and run just fine. After that when i quit and return to the game this is what happens:

I found this game when i was watching this playlist from games tested on the XD and this game is supposed to run perfectly:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqgByHAp6i8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqgByHAp6i8</a>
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:55:39 pm by tiagao_extremo »