• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD XD control problems in some games?  (Read 19108 times)

vermillion

Re: GPD XD control problems in some games?
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 08:14:34 am »
I have extracted the Gamepad.apk from the 3.3.1 firmware so no need for an upload now. So off to test with other games  :)

svicente

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 10:28:18 am »
Can you upload the apk? I didn't downloaded the 3.3.1 firmware the last week and now is offline.

The gpd page and the baidu download page is a mess. I think the las firm there is a 3.3.0 in chinesse...

Thanks

vermillion

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 12:19:08 pm »
Can you upload the apk? I didn't downloaded the 3.3.1 firmware the last week and now is offline.

The gpd page and the baidu download page is a mess. I think the las firm there is a 3.3.0 in chinesse...

Thanks
http://www.filedropper.com/comsoftwingamepad-1
hope it helps.

shinkamui

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 08:29:38 pm »
whoever said the DPAD was descent was flat out lying.  I can't even jump diagonally in street fighter without mashing the F*ck out of the stick.

SONY

• !
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »
I'm a Street Fighter pro, so I can't speak for others.
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

eragon2890

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 08:54:37 pm »
whoever said the DPAD was descent was flat out lying.  I can't even jump diagonally in street fighter without mashing the F*ck out of the stick.

I said that, some others did too, but A) it can differ for you, B) it's subjective. I was not lying, and I like my dpad less mushy too, but it's just subjective. PErsonally, I always take my thumb of and put it on again very quickly when using dpad and switcing direction. Then it works fine. if I keep my thumb on it and move over it, I can sometimes get other movements then I wanted tough I guess that's a question of getting used to it (10 seconds in gamepad tester tell us it is very accurate), but the way I play it poses little problems. Tough yes, less mushy would be better. But the analogs more then make up for it...

svicente

Kayday

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 07:19:42 am »
Played Samurai Shodown 2 (favorite fighting game of all time) and was able to pull off fireball and uppercut motions on the dpad with no problem but Street Fighter Alpha 3 did. Maybe depends on the game. Also, I played Metal Slug 2 and went to the last stage without dying all on the dpad and shooting in all directions with no problems.

Sacramentum (OP)

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2015, 11:31:15 am »
Anyone tried Android?s Lego Batman 3? Game recognizes controls, but I can play only with DPAD control, and left analog don?t recognize it.

And that?s the problem, early in the game you need to move a lever to open a door, but for this you need rotate the left analog. In dpad not work, and you can not progress in the game...

Maybe 3.3.2 firm solves that issues? Any changelog for last firm?
g p 2 x w i z   ?   g c w z e r o   ?   g p d q 9   ?   g p d x d

Skelton-retired

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 11:42:28 am »
Try changing from ps3 model to xbox or viceversa to see if it helps. Have you tried the game in other devices por gamepads? Maybe is a game issue
Retired

Sacramentum (OP)

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 01:15:53 pm »
Try changing from ps3 model to xbox or viceversa to see if it helps. Have you tried the game in other devices por gamepads? Maybe is a game issue

I tried the game in Q9 and analogs works well.

Tried changing ps3 to xbox pad in XD and xbox to ps3, and doesn?t works, only works dpad in both cases.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2015, 01:50:23 pm »
No idea then. I guess joystick driver in xd is a bit different. In q9 they changed driver un latest firmwares too, so perhaps they screwed up. Which firm are u running in q9? Justo curiosity to see if u are running old driver or newer one.
Retired

Sacramentum (OP)

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2015, 02:06:56 pm »
No idea then. I guess joystick driver in xd is a bit different. In q9 they changed driver un latest firmwares too, so perhaps they screwed up. Which firm are u running in q9? Justo curiosity to see if u are running old driver or newer one.

In Q9 i?m with your firm, LEGACYROM-Q9-1.0

Perhaps with your firm I have more compatibility with drivers and controls in games, and with stock firm in XD  I have more issues with controls in Android games.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2015, 02:22:47 pm »

In Q9 i?m with your firm, LEGACYROM-Q9-1.0

Perhaps with your firm I have more compatibility with drivers and controls in games, and with stock firm in XD  I have more issues with controls in Android games.

My rom uses the old driver, which I think it's fine. But they changed it in latest firmwares in q9 and XD (with this dual xbox/ps3 modes), so maybe they changed something, but I don't know, it's just speculation for my part. Maybe for that Lego game you can try usng Tincore with Mode M or P to see if they are detected that way.
Retired

LordDavon

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 01:30:44 am »
I just wanted to interject, since I have had control problems with my Q9.  I installed Wild Blood and it still did not see the controller natively.  I used the button mapper to see if that would work any better, and it actually does.  Using the "look" control for the right joystick actually repeats now, albeit with a little too long of a pause.  It is almost playable on the XD.  Now, I am just waiting for a firmware update that makes it completely playable. :-)

Skelton-retired

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 08:42:17 am »
I just wanted to interject, since I have had control problems with my Q9.  I installed Wild Blood and it still did not see the controller natively.  I used the button mapper to see if that would work any better, and it actually does.  Using the "look" control for the right joystick actually repeats now, albeit with a little too long of a pause.  It is almost playable on the XD.  Now, I am just waiting for a firmware update that makes it completely playable. :-)

Wild Blood doesn't support controls natively, except for Moga.
I don't think GPD updates their mapper, so probably will be better to use Tincore keymapper or another mapper
Retired

Jindofox

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 03:48:10 pm »
eragon said there is an option to select between xbox or old ps3 driver. No idea if there is an app to do it, or just an option in settings. Maybe is something included in latest firmware, try asking him.

For Retroarch, the best option is try to create a manual profile cfg file for latest versions. Using a cfg as a reference and with a couple of apps like Joystick tests and key test could be done. After that just place cfg in autoconfig dir and send it to Retroarch people. Is what I did with GPD g5a and my rom.

https://github.com/skelton/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/blob/dba6e45e02afac304c733df70a45ec1ca987a178/android/GPD_G5A.cfg

All in all, I don't understand why they changed joystick driver to xbox in this device. They aso did it in Q9 in recent firmwares, though I ignored that driver in my kernel and in my rom for q9.

switching to ps3 mode makes retroarch work on the xd. (use the preinstalled "gamepad" app) Thanks for the heads up on it.

no idea why they switched either, but it's fixed now.
THANK YOU for this. RetroArch is now working on my GPD XD. I appreciated the Broglia emulators before, but they look even better now.

SONY

• !
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 04:09:59 pm »
Broglia's emulators are the best! :)
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

purplesky

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 04:27:08 pm »
Broglia cant write an emulator to save his butt. Rather, puts a GUI front end on a core.

Jindofox

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 04:50:34 pm »
Broglia cant write an emulator to save his butt. Rather, puts a GUI front end on a core.
OK, that's probably fair ... but Libretro can't make a front end to save his butt or anything else. Since I want to get going with games, not futz around with options, Broglia's .emu stuff > Libretro's RetroArch from a usability perspective.

I'm happy there's an easy gamepad switcher app in the GPD XD.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic