• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD XD control problems in some games?  (Read 19099 times)

Sacramentum (OP)

GPD XD control problems in some games?
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:02:09 am »
For that, some games like GTA SA and GTA CHINATOWN WARS does not recognize the controls.

The latest version of Retroarch not recognize the controls, and the touch mode will not work either.

In this version of the firm, GPD apparently has chosen to emulate the controls of the XBOX 360 rather than the controls of the PS3 as they did with the Q9, which recognize these games perfectly.

Is there any way to change the 360 control mode of XD to PS3 control mode? With some flashable zip or any Xposed module?
g p 2 x w i z   ?   g c w z e r o   ?   g p d q 9   ?   g p d x d

ruffnutts

Re: GPD XD control problems in some games?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:06:57 am »
eragon2890 should be able to answer this ;)

SONY

• !
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 10:14:00 am »
HERE IS YOU ANSWER :)

Quote from: SNESFAN
Retro arch doesn't detect the inputs on the xd, so can't check it. Been using the .emu from Robert B on the play store. I don't fault the XD for that, retro arch does weird direct input stuff instead of the key codes like most sane applications. Someone is going to have to send the authors an xd for it to be supported.
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

Sacramentum (OP)

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:24:07 am »
Retroarch don?t worry me much, I suppose in a future release will fixes the control detection.

But GTA controls, thats bothers me. I could play with touch controls and mapping XD controls, but I prefer play with no touch controls layer in the screen.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 10:31:11 am »
eragon said there is an option to select between xbox or old ps3 driver. No idea if there is an app to do it, or just an option in settings. Maybe is something included in latest firmware, try asking him.

For Retroarch, the best option is try to create a manual profile cfg file for latest versions. Using a cfg as a reference and with a couple of apps like Joystick tests and key test could be done. After that just place cfg in autoconfig dir and send it to Retroarch people. Is what I did with GPD g5a and my rom.

https://github.com/skelton/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/blob/dba6e45e02afac304c733df70a45ec1ca987a178/android/GPD_G5A.cfg

All in all, I don't understand why they changed joystick driver to xbox in this device. They aso did it in Q9 in recent firmwares, though I ignored that driver in my kernel and in my rom for q9.
Retired

gpd device

• GPD official Amazon US
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:14:10 am »
For that, some games like GTA SA and GTA CHINATOWN WARS does not recognize the controls.

The latest version of Retroarch not recognize the controls, and the touch mode will not work either.

In this version of the firm, GPD apparently has chosen to emulate the controls of the XBOX 360 rather than the controls of the PS3 as they did with the Q9, which recognize these games perfectly.

Is there any way to change the 360 control mode of XD to PS3 control mode? With some flashable zip or any Xposed module?
The acquiescent mode is 360 control mode. There is control codes switch tool built in, if you want  PS3 mode, just need to switch to this one.

Sacramentum (OP)

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:28:26 am »
The acquiescent mode is 360 control mode. There is control codes switch tool built in, if you want  PS3 mode, just need to switch to this one.

Ah ok thanks, but how I can switch to PS3 mode in XD? Any option in settings or similar? I don?t found anything in my XD to switch control mode.

SNESFAN

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 11:52:09 am »
eragon said there is an option to select between xbox or old ps3 driver. No idea if there is an app to do it, or just an option in settings. Maybe is something included in latest firmware, try asking him.

For Retroarch, the best option is try to create a manual profile cfg file for latest versions. Using a cfg as a reference and with a couple of apps like Joystick tests and key test could be done. After that just place cfg in autoconfig dir and send it to Retroarch people. Is what I did with GPD g5a and my rom.

https://github.com/skelton/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/blob/dba6e45e02afac304c733df70a45ec1ca987a178/android/GPD_G5A.cfg

All in all, I don't understand why they changed joystick driver to xbox in this device. They aso did it in Q9 in recent firmwares, though I ignored that driver in my kernel and in my rom for q9.

switching to ps3 mode makes retroarch work on the xd. (use the preinstalled "gamepad" app) Thanks for the heads up on it.

no idea why they switched either, but it's fixed now.
Using Tapatalk

Skelton-retired

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 11:55:00 am »
Sacramentum, maybe your device comes with an old firmware or something that doesn't include the gamepad app SNESFAN is mentioning.

Here is the last one (v.3.3.1)

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jG8JPKa

And the preinstalled content that comes with the device:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6KgYJS

Retired

gpd device

• GPD official Amazon US
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 12:02:09 pm »

Ah ok thanks, but how I can switch to PS3 mode in XD? Any option in settings or similar? I don?t found anything in my XD to switch control mode.
It is in the "APP" center, and then please choose "Game pad"......  ;)

Sacramentum (OP)

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 12:02:30 pm »
My XD firmware are 3.2.0, it's old yes

Later try with new firm and post my results

Thanks!!

eragon2890

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 12:30:58 pm »
Indeed i can, had same problem with san andreas, simply slecting ps3 joystick driver and restarting sa fixed it .:-)

Sacramentum (OP)

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 08:49:12 pm »
Indeed i can, had same problem with san andreas, simply slecting ps3 joystick driver and restarting sa fixed it .:-)

Oks, it?s works!! With update.img to 3.3.1, Retroarch and GTA?s detect the controls.

Thanks!!!

bithunter

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 09:12:42 pm »
I have the GPD XP with firmware 3.3.1. According the internal test tool, all joystick functions are OK. But in so many games (MB 5, DH5, NOVA3, Driver, etc ), they do not work ?! There is no difference, if a XBOX or PS3 joystick is configured. I also have reset the device twice.

Further Problems: Black Screen at Asphalt 8, when the car simulations starts, at every device-start, this stupid Rockchip test tool starts ?

Does someone have the same problems ?

Sacramentum (OP)

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 11:28:08 pm »
For Rockchip tool at device start, try freeze the app with Titanium Backup.

mrbee

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 10:05:20 am »
Sacramentum, maybe your device comes with an old firmware or something that doesn't include the gamepad app SNESFAN is mentioning.

I've got the same issue, everything is fine except analog in gta SA and also accessing the menu in epsxe.
It's strange, on the jxd7800b you can press menu and the on screen menu comes up (save states, open gl config etc) but on the gpd xd, nothing makes the on screen menu show up. Not even going into the settings and actually mapping the HW buttons to actions such as menu, save state etc.
it's most odd because it maps just fine, even tells you what button it's assigned to, but in game the buttons do nothing. controls work just fine.

im trying to download the firmware 3.3.1 but the link says the file has gone, and the other link for applications says the file is too big.. download cloud downloader, log in, create account, type in mobile number etc.. i can't even download that!

Any help getting the firmware and files would be really awesome.
thanks

SNESFAN

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 11:49:09 am »

I've got the same issue, everything is fine except analog in gta SA and also accessing the menu in epsxe.
It's strange, on the jxd7800b you can press menu and the on screen menu comes up (save states, open gl config etc) but on the gpd xd, nothing makes the on screen menu show up. Not even going into the settings and actually mapping the HW buttons to actions such as menu, save state etc.
it's most odd because it maps just fine, even tells you what button it's assigned to, but in game the buttons do nothing. controls work just fine.

im trying to download the firmware 3.3.1 but the link says the file has gone, and the other link for applications says the file is too big.. download cloud downloader, log in, create account, type in mobile number etc.. i can't even download that!

Any help getting the firmware and files would be really awesome.
thanks

I think the "menu" button needs mapped to the actual android menu function. As it is in v 3.2.0 (version I'm running) it acts as app switcher. It was maybe useful the first or 2nd time I used it, but now I wish it acted as actual menu.

Not sure if all of these weird behaviors is intentional, but it screams the need for a custom firmware to get rid of all the nuisances.

Side note, why isn't the firmware on the official GPD downloads page?
Using Tapatalk

Skelton-retired

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 11:58:23 am »
Doesn't the back button work as menu in ePSXE? It's what I use in ePSXE in q9 that doesn't have menu button. I never needed menu button in epsxe to be honest.

SNESFAN, the official webpage is a mess. This is the directory to find all updates for all GPD devices:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=389368662

Edit: I extracted the firmware from XD and took a quick look. You can try the following to remove the app switch in menu:

Edit the file system/usr/keylayout/rk29-keypad.kl and change the first line which is:

key 59    APP_SWITCH

to

key 59    MENU

Set permissions of the file as they were and it should do the job I guess. If not, a deeper change is needed perhaps in kernel part.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:14:13 pm by skelton »
Retired

mrbee

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 10:35:18 pm »
Thank you Skelton!!!!!

I bought and downloaded Root Explorer on playstore. searched for that file..changed permission to write. edited in the new key action. saved. changed permission to read.
RESTARTED the xd.

Once it started.. the app switch now brings up the nova settings menu (i use nova launcher).
setting the menu in epsxe now works!!

to use app switcher i simply press home and zoom out (pinch out) gesture on the desktop to app switch.

The xd now does exactly what i want. no need to update yet!

thanks very much!

vermillion

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 06:46:37 pm »
If possible can someone upload the Game pad APK from firmware 3.3.1 as I am on a lower firmware without it, and I am not willing at present to update without the MD5 from GPD for the newer firmware.

Post a new topic