Author Topic: GPD XD+ Clean ROM  (Read 12625 times)

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
Re: GPD XD+ Clean ROM
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2018, 02:19:38 pm »
He's a bit busy with home matters, but he is aware of it. I will update you as soon as I find out anything more.

stpat

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2018, 02:20:42 pm »
He's a bit busy with home matters, but he is aware of it. I will update you as soon as I find out anything more.

Sounds good, thanks.

jpino3786

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2018, 03:50:08 pm »
Black-Seraph came through as expected. It is just a shame that we could not get him an XD+ sooner. The first thing he wanted to do before releasing his major LineageOS port was releasing a ROM that was super debloated, prerooted, and had an unlocked CPU. I have replaced my S8LightRom with his on my website for everyone to download.

You can call this the equivalent to Legacy Rom for the XD+.

This is his site, please look it over for rom info.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/19784613

Before anyone asks, no he did not fix the refresh bug issue. He will take that task on when he creates his LineageOS port. There is no ETA on the new rom because there are too many factors in play. ( time available and difficulty of port, mainly ) This is his way of leaving everyone with an alternative to the bad stock rom.

You will always find the latest build here :
Download ROM
Instructions for install are at the bottom.

Will this work with a Mac computer? :)

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 02:57:56 pm »
Still trying to find a MAC way of installing, but as of now I do not think there is a way yet.

stpat

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2018, 06:58:48 pm »
Two more audio related problems I am experiencing...

1. When you plug in headphones, the speakers are enabled and there's no way to disable them. This means you can't use it in public with headphones without everyone around you hearing it too (like I attempted to do in the dentist waiting room the other day.,)

2. No audio out over HDMI  :'(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:56:38 pm by stpat »

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2018, 07:53:11 pm »
Black-seraph was trying to knock it out this weekend but got caught up. I am thinking he will try again this weekend. If not he has some vacation coming mid AUG.

I will update when I can.

stpat

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2018, 07:57:57 pm »
Black-seraph was trying to knock it out this weekend but got caught up. I am thinking he will try again this weekend. If not he has some vacation coming mid AUG.

I will update when I can.

Excellent news! Let him know a $20 donation will be coming his way to thank him for clearing up my audio issues.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:59:42 am by stpat »

philexile

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2018, 04:27:16 pm »
Hello,

I just picked up a GPD XD Plus and - wow - it's quite zippier than the previous iteration!

I installed Clean ROM and it all seems to be working well, but I'm having a little difficulty with the Retroarch controls when compared to my original XD with the Legacy ROM installed.

Basically I can't seem to use the d-pad to navigate through the menus. I noticed in the Android input settings it is setup a little differently from my original unit.

Is there an additional controller profile that I should install or did I just not "click a box" in Retroarch?

Thank you in advance! 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:15:46 pm by philexile »

stpat

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2018, 05:06:22 pm »
Any update from the Dev regarding a patch for the audio bug?

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2018, 05:21:29 pm »
Black-SeraphToday at 5:09 AM
Nex got in touch with me and supposedly has a unit with the headphone jack bug. Will look into it in Monday together with him most likely.
Still got to do overtime to hit a deadline

Just received today.

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2018, 11:46:09 am »
k so this is the update:

Quote from: Black-Seraph
Bad news.
I can now confirm there's a new model of the XD+ in the wild.
It's called the XD-VR
Nex and I were able to confirm that.
The problem though is that the latest kernel source we have is 1.10...
So we have no (easy) way of fixing the headphone jack on the XD-VR models.
I have however made a boot.img people can flash on top of 1.10.0.3 CleanROM.
Which is based on the prebuilt stock kernel from the 1.11 package.
As its a stock kernel, its limited to 1.8ghz...
But it can be flashed on the new XD-VR units to fix the headphone jack issue.
I'll make a new patreon post later tomorrow... its too late to do it now.
As for a source-based fix... I'll look into that later.... but for testing I'll always have to rely on outside people like Nex to test for me..

So what we know so far is, there are 2 models out of the xd+ now. One has the headphone jack problem and one does not. As explained by B, if you have the headphone jack you can patch it with the stock boot.img. This just means that you will not be able to overclock to 2.11GHz for now. Not sure if it will be able to get unlocked later down the road. For now we will worry about 1 problem at a time.

I also asked B if this will affect TWRP in any way. Waiting for a response to that.

skelton

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2018, 12:43:41 pm »
In theory latest commits in kernel should help, but someone else would have to compile it and try. Not sure if Black did, probably yes I guess.... but someone can try:

https://github.com/skelton/android_kernel_mt8176_common/commits/master

Bad move anyway to release two batches, that means two different kernels from GPD, or just using a stock one.
Retired

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2018, 05:16:12 pm »
Clean rom patch, read this over: https://www.patreon.com/posts/20854772

This is only for people with the newer hardware revision XD-VR. Anyone with the headphone bugs have that model.

Quote from: Black-Seraph
Sorry to say that the drivers are identical in all revisions we have seen so far.
The lowest driver revision we've found in the wild for the MT8176 on nougat was 1.6...
The one in use on all revisions of firmware on the XD+ is 1.7.
Both are buggy as hell, and due to their proprietary nature out of reach for us to manually fix...
Also, nex is the proud owner of one of the new "XD+ VR" models.
GPD silently rolled out a new model of the XD+ with slightly different audio hardware...
Just different enough to cause us enough trouble to force us to release a patch to fix it manually again.
Essentially... if you guys install CleanROM and suffer from headphone / speaker issues, please install this newly published fix on top of it: https://www.patreon.com/posts/20854772

This fix is XD+ VR specific... aka. only works with the new XD+ models they are now shipping.
Older / launch XD+ units can just install CleanROM without this fix.
The easiest way to tell if you need this fix or not is by checking the status bar after CleanROMs first boot.
If it shows a headphone symbol without any headphones plugged in, you are the proud owner of one of the new XD+ VR models (to which we don't have the full kernel source yet), meaning that you need this fix...
Or if it doesn't, then you are the owner of a launch XD+ model, and you are good to go without the fix.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:20:41 pm by PsyOps »

stpat

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2018, 11:06:45 pm »
Great, I'll give this a try.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:56:33 pm by stpat »

votemarvel

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2018, 10:26:37 pm »
I've just installed the latest CleanRom and now the wifi simply won't stay connected and keeps dropping. This makes installing anything but the smallest of apps impossible.

Is there any fix for this, as it is quite irritating. The XD Plus has been nothing but trouble since I've had it.

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2018, 11:44:42 pm »
Ill ask the developer of CleanRom to look into it votemarvel.

votemarvel

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2018, 01:15:30 am »
Thanks for the help. I've tried both versions of the scatter txt and it happens with both. I'm now wondering if I've gotten a defective unit with all the problems I am having.

stpat

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2018, 02:46:26 am »
I encountered this problem about a week ago after flashing CleanRom 1.10.0.4 (to fix the speaker bug on my XD+ VR). I had previously been running CleanRom 1.10.0.2 for a few weeks without a single WiFi issue.

I fixed it by going into TWRP (power on while holding VOL+), doing an advanced wipe of everything, doing a factory reset, then a power off. I then fired up the flash util and reflashed the rom. My WiFi is working 100% again, give it a try, hopefully it works for you too.

stpat

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2018, 04:02:54 am »
By the way, someone on the Reddit GPD-XD forum was experiencing the same WiFi issue and fixed it in a similar fashion. It seems something can get corrupted flashing ROMs on top of each other without doing a wipe.

softypolimer

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2018, 06:03:39 am »
Is there a way to enable and switch between Xbox 360 and PS3 controller profile? I couldn't find this feature after flashing to clean rom.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic